My bet is, in the future, VZW will consume every other CDMA carrier (sprint) in the US. And AT&T will mostlikely take out T-Mobile, then there will be just the two left. Then eventually, they will merge into one giant company and everyone will have the same provider.

just my guess
    That would be cool, but it most likely wouldnt happen do to the federal law thingy about monopoly... Which is why Bell had to split into all the different home phone companies we see today. Qwest, Bellsouth, ect. Wouldnt it be cool though if we could get rid of all the rivalry... it seems to me its as bad as high school. LOL... My school's better than your school...
    well...
    "We might LOSE the football game... but we always win the fight AFTER!"

12-17-09 07:50 AM
    I think the only carrier of the "big four" on shaky ground right now is Sprint. Their 4G early roll out will probably either save them or be the final nail in the coffin. They are the only carrier to back WiMax, and not go LTE.
    12-17-09 08:35 AM
    That would be cool, but it most likely wouldnt happen do to the federal law thingy about monopoly... Which is why Bell had to split into all the different home phone companies we see today. Qwest, Bellsouth, ect. Wouldnt it be cool though if we could get rid of all the rivalry... it seems to me its as bad as high school. LOL... My school's better than your school...
    well...
    "We might LOSE the football game... but we always win the fight AFTER!"

You would have to get rid of human nature to get rid of the rivalry. Its not so much a love of the carrier but the vicarious competition. Its also the concept of, I can criticize my family but you can't. The thing to do is not take things personal or make it personal against someone. It really is all in fun. If someone that I've argued with on the forum showed up at my door they would be welcomed....well .....most anybody except a Florida Gators fan
    12-17-09 09:59 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD