How do companies get away with false advertising like the ATT commercial that claims you can't talk on the phone and surf the internet on Verizon for whoever really feels the need to. That's is in no way a selling point for me. I just called my girlfriend with my storm 2, hit the back button, said yes to exit to the home screen while remaining on the call, opened the browser and I was talking on the phone and surfing at the same time......What Gives Here?
    12-13-09 02:51 PM
    AT&T is trying to hit us back for our less than truthful advertising with the 3yr old service maps... *snickers* it was still funny though. I'm just getting tired of the war between the two companies. Whats-his-face is starting to irritate me.
    12-13-09 02:58 PM
    Yeah I'm not saying anything about ATT in particular, They all do it. I just think it's BS. How do they get away with it?
    12-13-09 03:04 PM
    VZW's CDMA technology does not allow for voice calls and data use simultaneously. AT&T using that as a selling point is valid.

You cannot browse the web and talk at the same time if you're using a VZW BlackBerry without WiFi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 03:05 PM
    AT&T is trying to hit us back for our less than truthful advertising with the 3yr old service maps... *snickers* it was still funny though. I'm just getting tired of the war between the two companies. Whats-his-face is starting to irritate me.
    Has anything changed w/ AT&T in that three years? heheh
    12-13-09 03:13 PM
    vzw's cdma technology does not allow for voice calls and data use simultaneously. At&t using that as a selling point is valid.

You cannot browse the web and talk at the same time if you're using a vzw blackberry without wifi.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ahhh haa. Wifi.
    12-13-09 04:33 PM
    Lol I got bored today and was looking at coverage maps. It ranked Verizon, AT&T, sprint, T-Mobile from best to worst coverage for 3G lol. I will admit that att did have very close to the same amount of coverage, but Verizon covers more of the Idaho, Nevada area and also more of the East coast than AT&T

12-14-09 01:57 AM
    Close to the same 3 G coverage? What were they puffing on when they came up with that?

12-14-09 06:42 AM
    Got to admit, that verizon football commercial is pretty funny....Luke Wilson is annoying...

12-14-09 06:46 AM
    Has anything changed w/ AT&T in that three years? heheh
    Good point! LMAO
    12-14-09 07:18 AM
    I haven't seen that study rating the 3g coverage but I'm pretty sure it included ATM's EDGE which is only 2.5g. That was the basis of their lawsuit against verizon and if you take out EDGE then they would be last in 3g coverage.

12-14-09 07:52 AM
    Lol I got bored today and was looking at coverage maps. It ranked Verizon, AT&T, sprint, T-Mobile from best to worst coverage for 3G lol. I will admit that att did have very close to the same amount of coverage, but Verizon covers more of the Idaho, Nevada area and also more of the East coast than AT&T

Do you realize they all embelllish and exaggerate.....in other words...lie about their coverage.
    12-14-09 08:32 AM
    Well sure all companies do "lie" but thats been the way of it for years and years.
    I'm just tired of Luke Wilson being a doosh about the whole thing.
    I think we need to have a celeb like the mac guy. But what I miss most of all is the old alltel commercials. Those were sooo clever... but now its verizon who gets to be the cool kid with spikey hair.
    12-14-09 08:37 AM
    Well sure all companies do "lie" but thats been the way of it for years and years.
    I'm just tired of Luke Wilson being a doosh about the whole thing.
    I think we need to have a celeb like the mac guy. But what I miss most of all is the old alltel commercials. Those were sooo clever... but now its verizon who gets to be the cool kid with spikey hair.
    Not to be off topic but it always amused me when they played them after VZW already bought Alltel.
    12-14-09 02:27 PM
    Yes, I know very well that they do.

According to their map, I should have great coverage at my house. Do I? not at all. I have almost no service.

There are many places that, according to their map, should have coverage, but don't...

I wouldn't call it lying, because they can't really tell for sure where exactly they have coverage. All they can do is say "ok we have X amount of towers, and each tower is good for a X mile radius of coverage." To get a accurate map, they would hav eto go around every square inch of the US and input that data.

I think carriers should pu tsomething in the phones' OS to send that data back to the carrier about how much service you have, and your GPS location. That way you get the most accurate map possible.
    12-14-09 03:04 PM
    Got to admit, that verizon football commercial is pretty funny....Luke Wilson is annoying...

I love that one... funniest one of them all. Dude was sad that he wasn't blocking the TV. Lmao. "No no, you good"
    12-14-09 03:17 PM
    Not to be off topic but it always amused me when they played them after VZW already bought Alltel.
    Over 20 years ago McDonalds and Burger King went after each other in what started out much like Verizon and ATT. It became progressively more vicious as time went on. The bottom line is that both greatly benefitted from the whole thing.

What is it, bad press is the next best thing to good press.
    12-14-09 03:25 PM
    My bet is, in the future, VZW will consume every other CDMA carrier (sprint) in the US. And AT&T will mostlikely take out T-Mobile, then there will be just the two left. Then eventually, they will merge into one giant company and everyone will have the same provider.

just my guess
    12-14-09 03:30 PM
    I love that one... funniest one of them all. Dude was sad that he wasn't blocking the TV. Lmao. "No no, you good"

also gang there is always the coke vs pepsi wars.....
    It seems as though in the past it was "the other brand" now it's allowed I guess to actually mention competitors....

My bet is, in the future, VZW will consume every other CDMA carrier (sprint) in the US. And AT&T will mostlikely take out T-Mobile, then there will be just the two left. Then eventually, they will merge into one giant company and everyone will have the same provider.

just my guess
    Sirius/XM anyone?
    12-14-09 03:40 PM

just my guess
    Imagine those rates lol
    12-15-09 05:34 AM

Just my two cents of course but I was living in Reno, NV until last year and my AT&T coverage, as far as dropped calls and signal strength, was better than most of my friends that were using Verizon.
    12-15-09 06:37 AM
    As things go, they're really both about the same. Put aside the competitiveness and such and we're left with two giant carriers that charge about the same and give about the same service on different technologies.

Many thought that Burger King and McDonalds were breaking the law in their ads and they would have been, except (I may be mistaken but probably not) they were both managed by a professional and independent restaurant management company called Chart House.

I would hate to see a cell phone monopoly. I would also hate to see the smaller companies abosorbed and be left with just VZW and ATT.

Just my 2 cents.
    12-15-09 07:49 AM
    TMobile is probably fairly safe from ATT, since they are already owned by one of the largest cell phone companies in Europe, Deutsche Telekom.
    12-15-09 08:43 AM

just my guess
    Nah that will not happen......
    Back in the day they had two
    phone companies, remember.
    People complained, so along came
    a whole host of companies. I know
    there are those that know telco
    history a lot better than myself.
    But no I can safely say u won't see
    that again.
    12-15-09 09:32 AM
    Nah that will not happen......
    Back in the day they had two
    phone companies, remember.
    People complained, so along came
    a whole host of companies. I know
    there are those that know telco
    history a lot better than myself.
    But no I can safely say u won't see
    that again.
    Probably not, but it would be funny...

And yes, those rates would be horrible lol Simply because they would know you cant just go to a different carrier
    12-15-09 12:33 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD