Hey folks- so I'm reading that if one has an 8900 running 5.0 (with VVM) that that person should call ATT with a Bold IMEI to get their VVM 'activated'.

How does this work?
    Is the Bold IMEI necessary?
    Does it screw it up for the person with the Bold if they get 5.0 and want to ise VVM?
    Will that BOLD IMEI somehow be attached to my account if I provide it for this purpose? ((I know not for billing purposes, but at any level?))
    Does ATT even really care that IMEI is from a Bold? If I just ask for it to be activated, can they just do it?

I'd like to use this if possible, and can get my hands on a Bold IMEI, but I don't want to screw it up for anyone.

Thanks
    11-27-09 11:57 AM
    chirp chirp chirp chirp
    11-28-09 02:15 PM
    ** blows dust off thread.... **
    12-06-09 02:39 PM
    Hey folks- so I'm reading that if one has an 8900 running 5.0 (with VVM) that that person should call ATT with a Bold IMEI to get their VVM 'activated'.

How does this work?
    Does it screw it up for the person with the Bold if they get 5.0 and want to ise VVM?
    Will that BOLD IMEI somehow be attached to my account if I provide it for this purpose? ((I know not for billing purposes, but at any level?))
    Does ATT even really care that IMEI is from a Bold? If I just ask for it to be activated, can they just do it?

I'd like to use this if possible, and can get my hands on a Bold IMEI, but I don't want to screw it up for anyone.

Thanks
    How does this work?

Not sure, but I'm guessing that because the bold is the only phone that supports this feature that is why they will only activated if you have a bold.

Yes.

So far nothing has happened to the bold user I got the IMEI from.

Yes. Dont know exactly at what level, but I think its just to prove you have a bold. I dont think any crosschecks are performed on the IMEI.

Does ATT even really care that IMEI is from a Bold?

Yes. That is the whole point for them asking for it, to verify you have a bold. I think. lol

If I just ask for it to be activated, can they just do it?

No, But I think they will once OS 5.0 starts being used oficcially for other models, or at least an OS that supports it.

Hopefully that helps
    12-06-09 02:50 PM
    Tks for reply- thought my thread was invisible at first.

Does your Bold buddy use VVM too?
    12-06-09 02:58 PM
    No she doesnt use VVM, but read post 19 on this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/fi...56/index2.html

Should be fine even if the bold IMEI you use has VVM also.
    12-06-09 03:07 PM
    Enjoy having all inbound calls be dumped to voicemail because your phone is busy downloading voicemail recordings, having people leave new voicemails, goto 10.

The reason why it's only available for the Bolds is because they're 3G phones, and can access voice and data services simultaneously.
    12-21-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD