I am a loyal Sprint customer now for 4 years. I have 10 lines with them, which is 9 voice lines and 1 aircard.

Sprint allowed me to do 1 family plan and pay the additional line fee time 7 to eat out of one pool of minutes, which is a nice savings even combined with my employeer discount it is really nice.

I have 8 lines of blackberries: 1 Tour, 7 8330s, and one HTC Hero.

This past Wednesday morning a box from Assurion arrived at my door step and in the box was a HTC Hero. I called Sprint asking if anything was billed to my account and why this arrived since I am the only one authorized on my account. The Sprint rep stated that there was nothing billed to my account and the original HTC Hero is still on and active on its respective line.

I called Assurion as to why I received the phone. Their records showed no claims, no billing, and have no idea why it showed up on my door step.

The ESN is clear with Sprint as I did change my tour over to the HTC Hero for a couple of hours then changed back since I am not a fan of HTC Hero.

Assurion and Sprint both treated me like I was smoking something and had no records showing anything shipped or why it would even be sent out. I flat asked both companies where to send the phone back to and they both said how can you send an item back you don't have.

They more aless stopped short of calling me a lair or playing a prank.

So my question to fellow crackberrians is should I ebay/craigslist this HTC Hero since neither company has any record or wants back it back since the ESN is clear cause I was able to change back and forth from it.

Thanks.
    11-30-09 03:44 AM
    I would say no, because they will eventually realize when some sort of audit is done that they are missing a hero, and it could come back to you, and have you end up paying full price for it. If they don't let you return it, I would just hang on to it, and if they never ask for it back, or bill you for it, use it as a back up. That's what I would do.
    11-30-09 07:40 AM
    I am a loyal Sprint customer now for 4 years. I have 10 lines with them, which is 9 voice lines and 1 aircard.

Sprint allowed me to do 1 family plan and pay the additional line fee time 7 to eat out of one pool of minutes, which is a nice savings even combined with my employeer discount it is really nice.

I have 8 lines of blackberries: 1 Tour, 7 8330s, and one HTC Hero.

This past Wednesday morning a box from Assurion arrived at my door step and in the box was a HTC Hero. I called Sprint asking if anything was billed to my account and why this arrived since I am the only one authorized on my account. The Sprint rep stated that there was nothing billed to my account and the original HTC Hero is still on and active on its respective line.

I called Assurion as to why I received the phone. Their records showed no claims, no billing, and have no idea why it showed up on my door step.

The ESN is clear with Sprint as I did change my tour over to the HTC Hero for a couple of hours then changed back since I am not a fan of HTC Hero.

Assurion and Sprint both treated me like I was smoking something and had no records showing anything shipped or why it would even be sent out. I flat asked both companies where to send the phone back to and they both said how can you send an item back you don't have.

They more aless stopped short of calling me a lair or playing a prank.

So my question to fellow crackberrians is should I ebay/craigslist this HTC Hero since neither company has any record or wants back it back since the ESN is clear cause I was able to change back and forth from it.

Thanks.
    I believe the law is such that anything sent to you that you did not order can be considered a gift?
    I'd just make sure one of those 8 lines didn't call customer service asking for a swap...
    11-30-09 09:13 AM
    I would say no, because they will eventually realize when some sort of audit is done that they are missing a hero, and it could come back to you, and have you end up paying full price for it. If they don't let you return it, I would just hang on to it, and if they never ask for it back, or bill you for it, use it as a back up. That's what I would do.
    I'd have to agree with this. Better to not take that risk.
    11-30-09 12:55 PM
    I would return it...I had the same thing happen to me when the Tour was released I received 3 for the one I ordered. ReP assured me I had only been charged for one and guess what 2 months later bammmmm....2 more tour charges....SEND IT BACK THE RISKS OUTWEIGH THE GIFT!!!!
    11-30-09 03:51 PM
    bring it to a cooperate store and talk to them.
    11-30-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD