Ripe for picking: Apple or BlackBerry - Digital Home - MSNBC.com

An interesting article comparing the iPhone to our cool BlackBerrys.

What especially caught my eye in this article was the citation of the very large number of iPhone users who are unhappy using AT&T.

Yet another good reason to be with T-Mobile!
    06-11-08 07:16 PM
    Not suprised at all...
    06-11-08 07:36 PM
    well the sad fact is no matter how unhappy they are as long as AT&T has exclusivity over the iPhone, those who want the device(for whatever reason lol) will stay.
    06-11-08 07:39 PM
    i offer it unlocked for t-mobile at my store and it sells like crazy
    06-11-08 07:49 PM
    So is that the reason Apple signed with At&t for the Iphone?? Because user hate At&t?
    If user hates At&t so much then why come up with another iphone??
    IM0 I dont care for the iphone.. But At&t works for me..
    06-11-08 07:51 PM
    Is that legal? lol
    06-14-08 09:47 AM
    AT&T ain't the problem, they just have crap phones .

Idea!!: RIM offers iBrick users a trade-in deal. It used to be called a competitive upgrade.
    06-14-08 10:12 AM
    So is that the reason Apple signed with At&t for the Iphone?? Because user hate At&t?
    If user hates At&t so much then why come up with another iphone??
    IM0 I dont care for the iphone.. But At&t works for me..
    Apple went with AT&T, not so much because of customer service, but because of the size and future plans on their network
    06-16-08 11:52 PM
    i hated at&t when i had them, their customer service and coverage where i work were terrible. verizon is great where i live, you just have to go with who suits you!
    06-17-08 12:22 AM
    That is crazy!! How much do they sell for?? And is it legal?? lol

Do you just jailbreak them and then sell them witha TMo SIM card?? I am really curious now actually... not that I would get one.

But, do you get the iPhones from ATT then jailbreak them, throw in a TMo SIM and sell it?? Doesn't this disable some features, such as visual voice mail... ??

And you will have a hard time doing this with the upcoming iPhone 3G, because those NEED to be activated in-store... they do not allow the "at-home" activation any more... thus limiting the number of people who buy an iPhone just to unlock it and use it on a different carrier... blah!
    06-17-08 08:03 AM
    Apple went with AT&T, not so much because of customer service, but because of the size and future plans on their network
    Only after Verizon turned them down. Smooth move Verizon!!
    06-23-08 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD