Does any one know if the push mail APN for T-Mobile USA is "blackberry.net" for BOTH the BES and the BIS accounts?
    02-13-08 12:29 PM
    wap.voicestream.com

Leave the username and password blank.
    02-13-08 09:18 PM
    wap.voicestream.com

Leave the username and password blank.

Thanks. But that is not what I ment. From my research I learned that there are two APNs when it comes to Blackberries. The wap.voicestream.com etc refers to the settings for GPRS access. We can usually change those.
    Then there is a second one that is hidden somewhere in the device and comes set by the manufacturer for specific providers. They are only for the push-email service. It seems that the majority of networks use blackberry.net

Some use other settings and that's when the trouble starts if you want to take a handset from one provider to another. I know as a fact by know that T-Mobile Germany uses mail.blackberry.net for their BIS service. That makes their version of the BIS service incompatible with handsets that were made for other providers.

From all I have seen so far it looks as if T-Mobile USA adhers to the more common blackberry.net standard. That would be good since the 8120 that I just bought in Europe is most likely set up that way (can't try it since I don't have it yet).

Most Blackberry users would not know what this APN is set to. You can't see it neither can you change it. And since most people buy the phones from their providers there usually is no issue.

The people who should know are those who are using Blackberry Connect on non-Blackberry phones since they actually have to enter this secondary APN for the push mail service.

So if any one here is on the T-Mobile USA network with a Blackberry Connect software could you please check if the email APN is in fact blackberry.net for both the BIS as well the BES service.

Thank you.
    02-13-08 10:01 PM
    it is the same BB connect is a scaled down BIS for non BB devices,if have a BB why do you want BB connect
    02-26-08 08:03 PM
    I know for sure that the BIS is tmo.blackberry.net. I have it and its the only one I have seen while adding the feature for customers. So I am thinking its the same for both the BIS and the BES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 02:08 AM
    I believe it can be changed if you link your bb to another bis and resent the serice books

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD