Hey guys just got my blackberry storm 2 just wondering how many people have got a unlocked storm 2 that they are using on the rogers network.

Any issues with:

1.MMS
    2.Browser
    3,Email
    4.PIN
    5.Activation required msg on top of phone

??? let me know or if there is anything else that is an issue
    12-22-09 03:12 AM
    I have. It works fine.
    Mms I have never sent.
    Browser works. Although I have had issues sometimes after a reboot where I need to resend the service books.
    Email is fine.
    Pin is fine.
    I did have the activation required message after unlocking. I actually called telus, asked for BlackBerry tech support and asked the tech for the 8 digit activation code. He gave it to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 07:45 AM
    How is your warranty if something goes wrong with your storm?
    12-22-09 06:55 PM
    We unlock them all the time with no issues. At times the Tour may run into some slight problems and might need a few settings to be tinkered with, but otherwise they're good to go!

Let us know if you have any other questions!
    12-22-09 09:25 PM
    okay so i got my storm 2 unlocked making calls and everything is fine but theres no browser no mms and stuff nothing....and also i have no call display....i got two calls on my storm to today both were unknown then i switched back to my rogers bold and call display was working fine what could be the problem here?
    12-22-09 11:17 PM
    Just unlock it and add the BB Data Plan
    12-23-09 10:01 PM
    We unlock them all the time with no issues. At times the Tour may run into some slight problems and might need a few settings to be tinkered with, but otherwise they're good to go!

Hi,

I am planning to buy a Blackberry Storm 2 from Telus & use it on Rogers after unlocking. Will I lose any functionality by doing so since I would be using a CDMA phone on a GSM network? How slow is EDGE compared to 3G?

Also, when I unlock the Storm 2, will I get step by step instructions on what I should do in order to make sure it unlocks properly & all the applications & internet work well?

Buying the phone outright is a huge investment so I appreciate knowing if there is a possibility that things might not work out the way they are supposed to with the phone.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
    12-24-09 09:58 PM
    As long as you add a bis plan you will have everything. As far as edge to 3g its like comparing a honda to a corvette.

12-24-09 10:00 PM
    As long as you add a bis plan you will have everything. As far as edge to 3g its like comparing a honda to a corvette.

Thanks for the reply. By BIS plan do you mean the usual data plans or is it something different. This would be my first Blackberry so not am aware of these terms yet. Also, what are Service Books & will I need those when I use an unlocked Telus Storm 2 on Rogers. Where can I find these Service Books?

Thanks.
    12-24-09 11:03 PM
    BIS plans ate desgned for blackberrys only. You may need service books and you may not and will not know till you get everything setup. They can be found from a bb users previous backup.

12-24-09 11:07 PM
    Hey guys just got my blackberry storm 2 just wondering how many people have got a unlocked storm 2 that they are using on the rogers network.

Any issues with:

1.MMS
    2.Browser
    3,Email
    4.PIN
    5.Activation required msg on top of phone

??? let me know or if there is anything else that is an issue
    All features will work if you have a Blackberry Data Plan. To get rid of the "Activation Required" message you will need the MSL code, but that message will not affect the phone in any way.
    12-25-09 03:36 PM
    Thanks for the reply. By BIS plan do you mean the usual data plans or is it something different. This would be my first Blackberry so not am aware of these terms yet. Also, what are Service Books & will I need those when I use an unlocked Telus Storm 2 on Rogers. Where can I find these Service Books?

Thanks.
    When you call your carrier you need to tell them that you need a Blackberry Data Plan, not a regular Data Plan.
    12-25-09 03:37 PM

Agreed! They are awesome. I used TRU for my Curve 8900 and my latest Unlocked(by them) Storm 9530 Telus and am running it on Rogers smoothly, especially with the newest MTS Official 5.0 release.

I recommend them 100%
    12-25-09 04:15 PM
    Always good to see a satisfied customer!
    12-25-09 04:40 PM
    Agreed! They are awesome. I used TRU for my Curve 8900 and my latest Unlocked(by them) Storm 9530 Telus and am running it on Rogers smoothly, especially with the newest MTS Official 5.0 release.

I recommend them 100%

We appreciate the kind words!!!!

Visit us anytime you need anything!
    12-27-09 11:21 PM
    Always good to see a satisfied customer!
    can i unlock a telus storm 2 and use it on bell?
    01-15-10 10:40 PM
    Sure can.

01-15-10 10:41 PM
    can i unlock a telus storm 2 and use it on bell?
    No you will not be able because Storm 2 is not 3G capable on GSM portion and Bell only has 3G (HSPA) Network (they don't have EDGE). The Storm 2 is only capable of EDGE (2G) on GSM. Bell also has CDMA but they will not allow you to register the ESN on their Network.

You can unlock a Storm2 and use it on EDGE with Rogers/Fido
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 01-15-10 at 10:46 PM.
    01-15-10 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD