Yep, left house and now have BlackBerry logo.
    11-23-15 01:57 PM
    Yep, left house and now have BlackBerry logo.
    This is simply unbelievable how we can't get Tmo to fix this. I suspect now the previous fix was just rebooting the router.

I've done some embedded linux and work hard not to have to reboot the box. Rebooting is a soft fail in my book. In chips I've designed, I put in a watchdog timer if possible rather than a power on reset just in the event the power supply glitches. I even stick in undocumented short circuit protection on pins that could be damaged by some clumsy but valued customer that might be poking around with a scope probe.

You don't know how much I miss the old Bell system. Those guys took service seriously. In today's world, it is boot or patch or replace.

Ah, now I feel better....

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 03:50 PM
    Well, definitely switching now...just saw that Solavei is going under on 12/4. No wonder they didn't give a sheet.
    11-23-15 05:45 PM
    Well, definitely switching now...just saw that Solavei is going under on 12/4. No wonder they didn't give a sheet.
    Well yeah, once you said you were leaving, they had no other choice but to go out of business.

Start up a thread on the Cricket forum. I now have a reason to get a Cricket SIM. TMobile just blew up their contract with Commnet. I will start a new thread for that.

Raino is a part time Cricket user, so perhaps the problems I was having are gone.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 07:30 PM
    Here is a hack that seems to restore service. Switch to manual, connect to AT$T, then go back to Tmobile.

Booting doesn't clear the problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 04:17 AM
    That worked...at least for now.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 10:44 AM
    Mine has been working fine since I woke up at stupid O clock and decided to hack with the phone.

My theory was perhaps if it sat on the same tower for a long time, things would get funky. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

When I leave the bad tower and come back, I will look for the problem to appear again.

Perhaps this is bb10 related?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 04:52 PM
    At this point, I think I'm going to declare success. I've left the house, come back, and no weird TLS issues.

I'm going to call Tmo and see if they will connect me with the probably one BlackBerry dude they have left. This could be a bug in the OS, though I have been running my current rev for more than a month.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 09:39 AM
    Hennessystealth, can you run the BlackBerry engineering screen and dig up your tower information? I'm dealing with Tmo tech support and they would like to look into it.

Don't post your tower ID here unless you want to be geo located to a 2 mile radius. ;-) If you get the data, I will set up a burner email address that you can send the data to.

Needless to say, Tmo is a bit curious given that two people in different locations had the same problem and both were solved with that odd ATT tower switch.

I also need the OS of your phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 11:32 AM
    Hennessystealth, can you run the BlackBerry engineering screen and dig up your tower information? I'm dealing with Tmo tech support and they would like to look into it.

Don't post your tower ID here unless you want to be geo located to a 2 mile radius. ;-) If you get the data, I will set up a burner email address that you can send the data to.

Needless to say, Tmo is a bit curious given that two people in different locations had the same problem and both were solved with that odd ATT tower switch.

I also need the OS of your phone.

Posted via CB10
    10.3.2.2789, but you are going to have to tell me which escreen data you want. There are a lot of choices but I think you want Serving Cell (LTE). If so, which piece of data do you want.

EDIT: Sent you a PM with physical and cell ID.
    Last edited by hennesseystealth; 11-25-15 at 12:19 PM.
    11-25-15 11:47 AM
    Interesting anomaly this morning. Normally, I fire up my Z10 first thing and check my email and then fire up my laptop. The Z10 loads the email but then it all goes away once the server downloads to my laptop. This morning it didn't clear. So, it looks like my communication with the server via my cell tower is on the fritz again. I turned on WiFi and the emails cleared instantly.
    11-25-15 12:23 PM
    Email going away is usually a case of how the client is setup. I usually use imap and leave the mail on the server. That way any device I have can see the email. Given sync, even the drafts and sent email are on all devices. I periodically use pop to pull mail off the server for archive. To maintain sanity, I use one email client for imap and a different one for pop. You don't have to do that since most clients will let you set up the same account in imap and pop format, but you watch which accounts get auto downloaded.

Do you need help with the escreen? I have the ear of tmobile at the moment.

ES X is an Engineering Screen Unlock Code Generator | https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/14299/

This app and similar used to be banned by BlackBerry, but they locked down the engineering screen features so you can't do much harm these days

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 03:48 PM
    Email going away is usually a case of how the client is setup. I usually use imap and leave the mail on the server. That way any device I have can see the email. Given sync, even the drafts and sent email are on all devices. I periodically use pop to pull mail off the server for archive. To maintain sanity, I use one email client for imap and a different one for pop. You don't have to do that since most clients will let you set up the same account in imap and pop format, but you watch which accounts get auto downloaded.

Do you need help with the escreen? I have the ear of tmobile at the moment.

ES X is an Engineering Screen Unlock Code Generator | https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/14299/

This app and similar used to be banned by BlackBerry, but they locked down the engineering screen features so you can't do much harm these days

Posted via CB10
    I sent you a PM with the info I think you wanted.
    11-25-15 03:53 PM
    I sent you a PM with the info I think you wanted.
    Hmmm I guess that is a Crackberry website feature. I will check it later.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 05:36 PM
    Well the problem returned. The switch to AT$T didn't work, though it got the BlackBerry icon back. Email still wouldn't work. I switched from LTE to 4G and email worked again. Then back in LTE and it still worked.

Posted via CB10

Edit:

If you go into the escreen, switching from 4g to LTE causes a "location area updates" increase. This is read from 3gpp radio -> radio/usage stats
    Last edited by gariac; 11-26-15 at 06:10 PM.
    11-26-15 05:22 PM
    Mine says 14. No idea if that has any value...hopefully, my Cricket Wireless SIM card will arrive tomorrow and this will be a moot point.
    11-26-15 11:15 PM
    I think it is the number of updates since the last boot.

Maybe Cricket will let you upgrade OTA!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 04:44 AM
    I moved to Cricket Wireless (ATT) and my email issues have gone away. The process wasn't very pleasant as UPS lost my SIM card. I had to track down a VP via LinkedIn to get someone to get me a new card. CS is pathetic and I was even told twice that a supervisor was too busy to talk to me regardless of how long I stayed on hold.
    12-01-15 03:58 PM
    I moved to Cricket Wireless (ATT) and my email issues have gone away. The process wasn't very pleasant as UPS lost my SIM card. I had to track down a VP via LinkedIn to get someone to get me a new card. CS is pathetic and I was even told twice that a supervisor was too busy to talk to me regardless of how long I stayed on hold.
    There are Cricket stores if you don't mind paying more for the simcard. Given my experience with the Cricket store I visited, I would say they aren't corporate. ;-)

Did you get a lot of random reboots?

Thus far I only had to do one LTE to 4g to LTE to get my bad tower working. There is a one user on Reddit that went to 4G to get texting to work. Clearly Tmo is messing with tower provisioning, causing very difficult to track down problems.

I'm supposed to get an email back from the "resolution" group at Tmo. That should have been today, but I honestly think the network people are not talking to the upper level support.

Any time you do an upgrade, fecal matter can happen.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 12:27 AM
    There are Cricket stores if you don't mind paying more for the simcard. Given my experience with the Cricket store I visited, I would say they aren't corporate. ;-)

Did you get a lot of random reboots?

Thus far I only had to do one LTE to 4g to LTE to get my bad tower working. There is a one user on Reddit that went to 4G to get texting to work. Clearly Tmo is messing with tower provisioning, causing very difficult to track down problems.

I'm supposed to get an email back from the "resolution" group at Tmo. That should have been today, but I honestly think the network people are not talking to the upper level support.

Any time you do an upgrade, fecal matter can happen.

Posted via CB10
    No reboots random or otherwise. I pulled the battery, inserted the new SIM and the phone worked straight away. My Z10 is unlocked but it is ATT branded. Not sure that would make any difference, except I noticed that my APN screens don't have the inputs they did with the Solavei SIM. No way to input a change to the APN even under the advanced screen...not that it was needed.
    12-02-15 12:42 AM
    No reboots random or otherwise. I pulled the battery, inserted the new SIM and the phone worked straight away. My Z10 is unlocked but it is ATT branded. Not sure that would make any difference, except I noticed that my APN screens don't have the inputs they did with the Solavei SIM. No way to input a change to the APN even under the advanced screen...not that it was needed.
    When I put the Cricket SIM in, the APN changed automatically. But when you go to network settings, you should be able to enter whatever you want. Of course not any APN will work.

BTW, I just switched to 4G. The mail wasn't going out.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 02:12 AM
    When I put the Cricket SIM in, the APN changed automatically. But when you go to network settings, you should be able to enter whatever you want. Of course not any APN will work.

BTW, I just switched to 4G. The mail wasn't going out.

Posted via CB10
    Should have been more specific. When I am in hub and select ... and settings: text messages: advanced, there were MMS settings when I was on TMO. No such inputs now.
    12-02-15 10:56 AM
    First random reboot just now...going to upgrade to new leak.
    12-02-15 08:40 PM
    Well, in 3 days on Cricket I have had 4 random reboots...since they hosed me over pretty bad when I tried to sign up (had to call in a favor from the VP Sales), maybe I can get them to figure this one out.
    12-05-15 12:49 AM
    Well, in 3 days on Cricket I have had 4 random reboots...since they hosed me over pretty bad when I tried to sign up (had to call in a favor from the VP Sales), maybe I can get them to figure this one out.
    I think Raino has a Cricket SIM. He may not be following this thread. Check out the Cricket forum. I'd like to get a Cricket SIM for travel since Tmo has dumped data on Commnet.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 04:48 PM
60 123