I have a Storm 1. It's a bad device, so they sent me another one. I opened the box and put the battery in the phone and none of the buttons would work. I called them and they sent me another one. Again, tried to play with the phone and it kept rebooting itself. I called them again and they are sending me a new one again.

Does anyone know how to talk them into giving me a storm 2 instead of the storm 1? This has all happened within the same week. I just want to exchange it for a storm 2. I'm not eligable for an upgrade of course but they should give it to me for my hassle, I would think..
    11-30-09 03:40 PM
    You have something like 3 returns within a 90 day window. From there you have to take it to a verizon store and the manager has to approve of it. Over the phone they will not replace anything for a new or upgraded unit. How do I know this? I had to do it.

Good luck!
    11-30-09 04:05 PM
    You're not going to be able to get a storm2 unless you're eligible, regardless of the hassle you've been through. The best shot you have is to call in and talk to a tech support manager.
    11-30-09 04:05 PM
    I didn't have to take it into a Store to get mine replaced from my glyde to my dare, or from the dare to the storm. The CSR rep saw I went through 6 glydes one month due to faulty screens and offered me the dare. Then I kept going through dares, and offered me the Z4. I declined, and asked about a storm. They offered me the phone for $80 and re-up my contract. I'm hoping I get a working storm here soon so I don't have to switch phones again.

But what I was trying to say is that you don't necessarily have to go into a store to get them replaced. You just have to find the right CSR rep. Everything is pretty much up to them on whether they see a replacement fit or not.
    11-30-09 04:20 PM
    Moving to Verizon Forum!
    11-30-09 09:31 PM
    You're not going to be able to get a storm2 unless you're eligible, regardless of the hassle you've been through. The best shot you have is to call in and talk to a tech support manager.
    Yep, pretty much this lol
    11-30-09 09:46 PM
    I just called today after receiving my 3rd storm 1 by mail 4th total since new that has problems. They are sending me a S2 against my wishes. I even begged for an 8330 over the S2. It was their idea to change devices, not mine. The techs act like the S1 and S2 are the greatest BB's ever made and I am the only one having issues. I am sick of hearing it. I read the boards, they are full of issues.

After it gets here I am going to sell my S2 and my wifes tour on ebay and walk. I'm probably going to miss my coverage, but I am not impressed with how we have been handled by vzw since the merge.

Good luck, keep returning them till you get one that works or a new device. I had 1 DOA already and the others are acting fool! Shutting off and locking up. I don't even have any apps other than what they come pre-loaded with. I'm sure it is still my fault that these 2 are the first BB's we have ever returned in 4 years.
    11-30-09 09:58 PM
    There are specific phones that reps are able to send out when the situation calls for it... Its never guaranteed, and its usually not up to the customer what phone he/she gets...
    11-30-09 10:05 PM
    There are specific phones that reps are able to send out when the situation calls for it... Its never guaranteed, and its usually not up to the customer what phone he/she gets...
    Yup, there are policies in place through Big Red that says what phones will be accepted for exchanges. It is not up to an individual rep, no matter what anyone tells you. Whether things get twisted, thats another story.
    11-30-09 10:07 PM
    This...

And it's not so much that it's the "BEST DEVICE EVAR!!!!" It's more that it's not the horrible monster people make it out to be. Unnecessary returns, customers not watching their available RAM and open programs, and disgruntled iPhone fanboy wannabes who were upset that the product was a blackberry and not an iPhone have been driving the techs bonkers ever since the dang thing came out.

I've had so many cases of angry folks wanting to tear my teeth out of my jaw for daring to say it was a software issue suddenly turn sweet after I walk 'em through a factory-default OS reinstall and selective file backup (no settings or programs from previous installation) that it's not even funny. Especially with OS5 out in the wild. Once cleaned up, it's the flashy, spiffy device they all wanted it to be. Then you educate 'em on basic maintenance and they're ready. (I should have been a computer repair teacher, I swear. One of these days I'll stop being lazy and take my A+ test....)
    11-30-09 11:59 PM
    I just called today after receiving my 3rd storm 1 by mail 4th total since new that has problems. They are sending me a S2 against my wishes. I even begged for an 8330 over the S2. It was their idea to change devices, not mine.

You need to take this up with a store mgr. Any mgr I know would let you go into a 8330 rather than a S2. Do it calmly and you should have no problem. Just explain tech sup is sending a phone you do not want.

If you are paying a bill with 2 BB on it, vzw wants to keep your business and make you happy.
    12-01-09 02:37 AM
    You need to take this up with a store mgr. Any mgr I know would let you go into a 8330 rather than a S2. Do it calmly and you should have no problem. Just explain tech sup is sending a phone you do not want.

If you are paying a bill with 2 BB on it, vzw wants to keep your business and make you happy.
    The rep that they are talking to like stated above has guidelines and is only able to exchange certain devices for certain devices. No one will go from a pearl to a Storm 2, and unfortunately even though the Storm1 to a curve would be a sort of "downgrade" most reps/supes can't do it because of the device exchange matrix.
    12-01-09 08:20 AM
    The rep that they are talking to like stated above has guidelines and is only able to exchange certain devices for certain devices. No one will go from a pearl to a Storm 2, and unfortunately even though the Storm1 to a curve would be a sort of "downgrade" most reps/supes can't do it because of the device exchange matrix.

I've seen the matrix ignored often to make a customer happy and to keep his/her business. I saw someone go from a Curve to an EnV Touch. Just saying it's worth trying ..
    12-01-09 07:16 PM
    I have a Storm 1. It's a bad device, so they sent me another one. I opened the box and put the battery in the phone and none of the buttons would work. I called them and they sent me another one. Again, tried to play with the phone and it kept rebooting itself. I called them again and they are sending me a new one again.

Does anyone know how to talk them into giving me a storm 2 instead of the storm 1? This has all happened within the same week. I just want to exchange it for a storm 2. I'm not eligable for an upgrade of course but they should give it to me for my hassle, I would think..
    Verizon Executive Offices - 910-794-6200

You have to be precleared but these are the people with the keys to the vault.

Good Luck!
    12-01-09 08:10 PM
    Verizon Executive Offices - 910-794-6200

You have to be precleared but these are the people with the keys to the vault.

Good Luck!
    Again, people who feel entitled to something they are not entitled to, whining until they get their way.
    12-01-09 11:54 PM
    Again, people who feel entitled to something they are not entitled to, whining until they get their way.
    This site is infested with them. *sigh*
    12-02-09 10:30 PM
    I'm not eligable for an upgrade of course but they should give it to me for my hassle, I would think
    Umm... do you have a legitimate reason?
    Last edited by AaronWasHere; 12-02-09 at 10:53 PM.
    12-02-09 10:50 PM
    You have something like 3 returns within a 90 day window. From there you have to take it to a verizon store and the manager has to approve of it. Over the phone they will not replace anything for a new or upgraded unit. How do I know this? I had to do it.

Good luck!

Actually, its a lot easier to get a replacement (especially a completely new phone wihtout being eligible to upgrade), over the phone. In fact, for the most part, stores will tell you to call tech support if you're having device issues. If the representative won't give you a new Storm 2, then odds are their supervisor won't either (since the majority of the time the rep will check with the supervisor while on the call). If the supervisor turns you down, then your account will be noted, and the chances of you getting a new Storm 2 are slim to none...

Now, I've always somewhat had the opinion, that for the most part, if you're going through 3 or 4 (or more) phones, and they all are acting up, theres some user error involved. Now I know there are exceptions to this, and this specific situation may be one, but not every phone you get is going to be defective out of the box. Smartphones are somewhat high maintenance, and the way you operate it often times turns out to be the reason for it having issues. Even though the Storm has had several issues, that were never really fixed, the odds of going through several phones manufaturer defects really isn't all that likely...

Just my opinion...
    12-03-09 12:03 AM
    Actually, its a lot easier to get a replacement (especially a completely new phone wihtout being eligible to upgrade), over the phone. In fact, for the most part, stores will tell you to call tech support if you're having device issues. If the representative won't give you a new Storm 2, then odds are their supervisor won't either (since the majority of the time the rep will check with the supervisor while on the call). If the supervisor turns you down, then your account will be noted, and the chances of you getting a new Storm 2 are slim to none...

Now, I've always somewhat had the opinion, that for the most part, if you're going through 3 or 4 (or more) phones, and they all are acting up, theres some user error involved. Now I know there are exceptions to this, and this specific situation may be one, but not every phone you get is going to be defective out of the box. Smartphones are somewhat high maintenance, and the way you operate it often times turns out to be the reason for it having issues. Even though the Storm has had several issues, that were never really fixed, the odds of going through several phones manufaturer defects really isn't all that likely...

Just my opinion...
    Well, since the OP is trying to get a Storm 2, for free, I think the device issues are of the imaginary type. OP is fishing for a new, free phone.....it does't take a much to deduce what they are trying to do. That's MY opinon.
    12-03-09 12:41 AM
    I see a bunch of people above who have the right idea - but for generally the wrong reasons. But no matter...

I have come to the conclusion that these kinds of people come here because vitually no one born after 1968 was raised properly or have any integrity. And in the end, WHO CARES?

I know - we should care, because it ultimately makes it harder on honest customers, but what will it help getting yourselves into a lather over it? These people will do whatever anyway, regardless of what you say & VZW is inconsistent as all get-out & doesn't follow their own policies anyway. Don't raise your blood-pressure. Just ignore them. They will scream long enough & loud enough that they will get exactly what they want, as Breezy said.

The wrong reasons I mentioned? Seeing the majority of the responders above are reps - most of you are fighting to again protect helpless little VZW. Try applying the concept equally - there are these kinds trying to rip off AT&T, T-mobile & Sprint, too - hurting the competition raises their prices, which in turn raises yours. If you're going to stress yourselves out, go fight the thought process & not just the potential attacks on VZW's bottom line.

Because if VZW were really concerned about it, they could & would stop it. Like now, they would.

So step back, take a deep breath, smile & wonder about other potentially more important things... like why Tiger has so much money that he can afford a bunch of cars & he finally has a hole in one.
    12-03-09 12:55 AM
    What?

I don't know what any of the other poster's (rep or not) intentions were, but my post had nothing to with trying to protect Verizon, in fact, my post was letting the OP, and really any ready know, what I believe is the most efficient method to reaching a resolution, without wasting time going down an incorrect path...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 03:46 AM
    Let me add this...

I completely agree that some people (reps and non reps), may prematurely assume what someones intentions are, when they make a thread called "Anyone know how to get through Verizon's CSR's?" And in the original post, says, "Does anyone know how to talk them into giving me a storm 2 instead of the storm 1? This has all happened within the same week. I just want to exchange it for a storm 2. I'm not eligable for an upgrade of course but they should give it to me for my hassle, I would think.. "

Now I made sure not to begin with a post stating anything about the customer's intentions. But from what one could extract from the OP's post, its easy to see how someone might assume he/she is going to be unhappy unless he/she gets a Storm2... What's my opinion? I don't care... But from the OP's "Device Model" now being a "Storm2," it appears that the OP was unhappy with the most recent Storm and got some generous rep to upgrade the device...
    12-03-09 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD