I officially 'celebrated' 11 years of being a subscriber of WIND/Freedom on the 10th of this month, and outside of the first few 3 or 4 years have had great service from them especially since they switched to LTE. The main issue I had with them is that I wasn't seeing such great value for money that they started out with. With Telus, Bell and Rogers now regularly targeting Freedom customers with discounted plans and offers, it got me thinking about how many special offers I've been able to take advantage of since I signed up with them, and it added up to precisely one; the HMP originally offered in December, 2010 and since then every offer I've tried to jump on I was told that I couldn't switch as I was an existing customer.

On Boxing Day I had had enough after receiving a text message from Telus regarding an 'exclusive' offer for Freedom subscribers; $45 for 20GB with the price going up to $55 after 10 months, so I Tweeted Freedom retentions expecting the usual excuses but was immediately offered $60 for 25GB, UL voice, texts, etc, grandfathered for as long as I kept the plan active, plus I could carry over the 3GB bonus that I got when I switched from pre to post-pay 5 or six years ago for a total of 28GB full speed data. A pretty decent plan I thought AND with no increases in plan costs for life and no typical Big3 'just because we can' nickel and diming later in the plan.

If there are any of you who have had difficulty with Freedom and switching to better plans in the past, it's certainly worth reaching out to them again
    01-28-21 07:50 AM
    I officially 'celebrated' 11 years of being a subscriber of WIND/Freedom on the 10th of this month, and outside of the first few 3 or 4 years have had great service from them especially since they switched to LTE. The main issue I had with them is that I wasn't seeing such great value for money that they started out with. With Telus, Bell and Rogers now regularly targeting Freedom customers with discounted plans and offers, it got me thinking about how many special offers I've been able to take advantage of since I signed up with them, and it added up to precisely one; the HMP originally offered in December, 2010 and since then every offer I've tried to jump on I was told that I couldn't switch as I was an existing customer.

On Boxing Day I had had enough after receiving a text message from Telus regarding an 'exclusive' offer for Freedom subscribers; $45 for 20GB with the price going up to $55 after 10 months, so I Tweeted Freedom retentions expecting the usual excuses but was immediately offered $60 for 25GB, UL voice, texts, etc, grandfathered for as long as I kept the plan active, plus I could carry over the 3GB bonus that I got when I switched from pre to post-pay 5 or six years ago for a total of 28GB full speed data. A pretty decent plan I thought AND with no increases in plan costs for life and no typical Big3 'just because we can' nickel and diming later in the plan.

If there are any of you who have had difficulty with Freedom and switching to better plans in the past, it's certainly worth reaching out to them again

It doesn't appear to many Blackberry fans are on Freedom Mobile. For whatever reason, their BB 10 support and even other Blackberry Android offerings never had their LTE support.

I've been fairly happy with Freedom myself, my limited use is mostly calls, texts, emails and light surfing on the Web. I don't do any social media really so I make by with a Freedom Promo $50 Anywhere Plan. It's 8 GB data, calls and texts to Canada and the US and 1GB roaming in Canada and the USA as well. It's excellent value for $32.50 as part of a 35% off plan I had.

Hopefully I can continue to use this plan for the future when they launch their 5G offerings but it may be a few years before I have a need to use those levels of speeds as I'm still on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Yesterday 05:21 PM