I've had a BB Tour for close to 6 months now. I've had a bit of an issue with the left-right scrolling. It's really been more of a nuisance than a real problem, resolved to some extent by upping the horizontal scroll sensitivity to 90. Today, however, it resulted in a 5:25 AM wake-up alarm being set accidentally to 5:25 PM, making my wife late for work. I'm now thinking it might be a good idea to get the trackball fixed.

Has anyone had the experience of sending in their BB (especially the Tour) for repair with/through Bell? I have a 1 year warranty that is still good, and pay $7/month insurance, which I understand entitles me to a free Tour loaner for repair jobs. Could anyone tell me what I can expect when I send it in for repair, based on personal experience?
    12-22-09 03:27 PM
    Recently the same for me. Left to right became unbearable, so i got a loaner and sent it in. It was gone for about 2 weeks and when it came back the trackball was better, but still not smooth, and no where near as good as the loaner phone was. The back cover was also very loose and sloppy when I put it on. I have sent it back again and told them I will not be accepting it back as repaired until it is as good as the loaner phone
    12-22-09 10:44 PM
    ive had the tour since day 1 of bells launch..
    track ball was horrible .. so i called in a couple of times .. they said 4 - 6 weeks until id get it back.. decided to take matters into my own hands and do it myself, so i ordered a new trackball + (black bezel for kicks) and did it myself.. works great now.. smooth and quick and not to mention easy process.. my advice is do it urself.. why wait 2 - 4 weeks when it can be done in 15 minutes.

good luck!
    12-23-09 12:45 AM
    I have the $7 SPC program and it is worth it. I usually get my Tour within 3 business days. First you have to call Bell Tech support and go through their trouble shooting. If they cannot resolve it, tell them you have the SPC program and they will give you a ticket number. With this ticket number call SPC and give them the ticket number and they will send you a refurb tour. This is quicker than giving it to the bell store and waiting. I'm on my 4th Tour and seems to be holding out so far. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!
    12-23-09 07:54 AM
    I have the $7 SPC program and it is worth it. I usually get my Tour within 3 business days. First you have to call Bell Tech support and go through their trouble shooting. If they cannot resolve it, tell them you have the SPC program and they will give you a ticket number. With this ticket number call SPC and give them the ticket number and they will send you a refurb tour. This is quicker than giving it to the bell store and waiting. I'm on my 4th Tour and seems to be holding out so far. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!
    FYI, that isn't the case anymore. SPC has changed their policy. For the first year after purchase, SPC sends you directly Bell and you have to send your phone to RIM. After the first year, SPC will cover teh phone, as you may know it then will cost you $150 for the replacement device.

In my opinion, they did this to avoid all the stupid manufacturing defects as a result of mainly the Storm and Tour. As they are an insurance company they are trying to keep only insurance related situations to deal with. Otherwise, they must have been bombarded by all of us since February with the Storm and Tour when it was RIM's manufacturing defects at fault.
    12-23-09 09:22 AM
    When did this come into effect? I just replace my last Tour in the last 3 weeks. It was 12 days from when I got my 3rd Tour to calling in again with issues with it randomly rebooting to ordering my replacement through SPC.
    12-23-09 09:34 AM
    just speaking with spc, that change was made in effect in october of this year
    12-23-09 08:09 PM
    and there is no promise of getting a tour as a loaner either. They try as best they can to get you one, but its not always the case. You may get a pearl, curve etc. Totally depends on what they have in stock at the store. Plus you'll have to put down a refundable deposit which isnt a big deal.
    12-23-09 08:18 PM
    and there is no promise of getting a tour as a loaner either. They try as best they can to get you one, but its not always the case. You may get a pearl, curve etc. Totally depends on what they have in stock at the store. Plus you'll have to put down a refundable deposit which isnt a big deal.
    They tried that with me as well " we can't get you a tour, but we can try and get you a curve" I told them It better work when I get off a plane in Europe. I bought a "world phone", and you know what, I actually leave Canada and need to have my phone in different parts of the world. I have no use for a company that supplies me with a phone that goes into paper weight mode. It was part of the deal when I moved over to Bell.
    12-23-09 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD