does anyone have any experience with having someone take over their rogers contract? can you just call in and do it? is it a hard process? any info would be helpful!

am i able to just call in and tell them i want to have someone else take over the contract on one of my phones and then have the person taking over call in?

i am unable to go into a rogers store with the person as they do not live in the same town as me.
    11-30-09 10:33 PM
    I met the guy who took mine over at the store and it was pointless...
    It needs to be done over the phone, the store reps can't do anything in terms of the transferring.

You call Rogers and say, "I would like ____ to take over the line ____."
    (S)he calls Rogers and says, "I would like to take over the line _____ from _____."

Meeting at the store was useless basically. All I did was ask he representative to confirm by bringing up my account and successfully displaying the line is gone.

Also, its an easy process unless the contract/plan you are wanting to give up is a corporate or retention plan. Rogers does not want retention credits being moved over, and it happened to me because the contract I was going to get had $35 in credits and they said no to the person offering it, and I got screwed.
    11-30-09 10:52 PM
    awesome, very helpful. thank you. i was worried about us not being able to do it in person together.
    11-30-09 11:22 PM
    awesome, very helpful. thank you. i was worried about us not being able to do it in person together.
    No problem. Its all done over the phone. I'm taking over a Bell line tomorrow and the person is in Ottawa,
    11-30-09 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD