Hopefully someone got it to work and can point me in the right direction. I just switched from the Bold 9700 to Bold 9000. Kind of need the extra cash for Christmas. The VVM is activated on mytmobile.com. I kept getting "provisioning is unsucessful. To resolve this issue, contact your wireless service provider""

Any suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by XyKo; 12-12-09 at 11:57 AM.
    12-12-09 08:12 AM
    The same thing happened to me on my 8900. When I went to the TMO web site, I got the impression this was an added service that I would have to pay extra for. That may be incorrect, however.
    12-12-09 09:46 AM
    The same thing happened to me on my 8900. When I went to the TMO web site, I got the impression this was an added service that I would have to pay extra for. That may be incorrect, however.
    I have it on my 8900. Must have OS 5 (still beta.)

To add it from T-mobile's website, select the 9700 as your phone.

I however had no success adding VV on our (originally att) unlocked 9000.
    12-14-09 02:57 AM
    I followed your instructions and went to the TMO site to change my phone to the 9700. It showed Visual Voicemail as a free added service. I enabled it and it said it was successfully enabled. I then sent service books, thinking that might activate it, but that did not work.

On the handset, it continues to tell me to log into the TMO site, when I get to the site, I try to enable VV, but it says I have to call customer service to "purchase" this service.

So it is not enabled, and changing the phone type did not work for me.

I set my phone back to the 8900 and will keep my fingers crossed that someday, TMO will get with the program and roll out OS 5.0x for Javelin.

As of now, i am using YouMail and it is unbearably slow in downloading messages from its server. Even its web site via the PC crawls at a snail's pace.

Thanks,

Elizabeth K.
    12-16-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD