I almost hate to say this but I will be closing my Verizon account. Believe it or not the coverage at my house is horrible and I have dropped a few calls. I am within my 30 day trial period and I hate confrontations so does anyone have any experience closing accounts at Verizon? Is this gonna be a total pain in the **** or will they understand. I spoke with someone on the phone at Verizon and they acted like I was crazy when I said I had dropped a few calls and the coverage at my house was bad. I get 5 bars with my Sprint phone all the time and only 2 bars(if I'm lucky) with the Verizon phone. Any thoughts???
    12-02-09 09:17 AM
    You can close at any time, under your 30 day WFG, you will not receive an ETF. Don't even tell them you want to cancel but that you want to return your device. Sorry it didn't work out for you.
    12-02-09 09:33 AM
    Just be polite but firm. They may try to keep you, but just be firm.
    12-02-09 10:39 AM
    They will do their best to keep you but if you want to shut up any retention department tell them yoiu have already signed back up for sprint service and you have to cancel at this point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 10:59 AM
    Believe it or not the coverage at my house is horrible and I have dropped a few calls...... I spoke with someone on the phone at Verizon and they acted like I was crazy when I said I had dropped a few calls and the coverage at my house was bad. I get 5 bars with my Sprint phone all the time and only 2 bars(if I'm lucky) with the Verizon phone. Any thoughts???
    I believe it & don't let them treat you as if you're crazy. Sprint operates on 1900MHz PCS, which was designed for local use. Sprint will typically get you better coverage in town, while VZW gives better rural coverage.

The difference is - VZW's rural coverage is available to Sprint customers, while Sprint's metro coverage generally is unavailable to VZW customers.

The process is very simple - VZW usually makes it fairly painless. Just don't let the retention people browbeat you into holding off past the 30 days - and yes, they do this a LOT because once beyond 30 days, they have you.

12-02-09 11:56 AM
    I almost hate to say this but I will be closing my Verizon account. Believe it or not the coverage at my house is horrible and I have dropped a few calls. I am within my 30 day trial period and I hate confrontations so does anyone have any experience closing accounts at Verizon? Is this gonna be a total pain in the **** or will they understand. I spoke with someone on the phone at Verizon and they acted like I was crazy when I said I had dropped a few calls and the coverage at my house was bad. I get 5 bars with my Sprint phone all the time and only 2 bars(if I'm lucky) with the Verizon phone. Any thoughts???
    I highly doubt you will be given a hard time. I'm sure you will be asked why you are cancelling and if there is anything that can be done to keep you as a customer, and if there isn't, all you have to say is no. You could be contacted by our save team, but that's their job, and again, if you have no interest, just let them know.

12-02-09 03:04 PM
    I doubt you'll get any hassle from them.

12-02-09 03:11 PM
    I bet they'll hassle you.
    12-02-09 03:22 PM
    You'll definitely get pushback as they will want to keep you, but just be firm and you'll be fine. It's not as if they will send 3 big guys in suits to your house with a crowbar or anything.
    12-02-09 03:48 PM
    It's not as if they will send 3 big guys in suits to your house with a crowbar or anything.
    I don't know, Aaron - based on some of the childish behavior put forth by VZW reps on this site, I wouldn't put anything past them.

12-02-09 04:15 PM
    They won't hassle you -- Verizon would rather you have a good exit experience so if the service does improve at your house you decide to come back.
    12-02-09 04:21 PM
    I don't know, Aaron - based on some of the childish behavior put forth by VZW reps on this site, I wouldn't put anything past them.

It's actually in my job description to go to peoples houses with a crowbar, hammer, shards of glass, unicorn tears or anything needed to uphold the law. I wouldn't look down on me for that.
    12-02-09 05:46 PM
    Brief summary for today's closing at Verizon...I was there for about 1 and 1/2 hours and they did offer to give me some kind of "extender" device but stated that there is a charge monthly and it would be free for the first 3 months. It seemed that at first they didn't believe me but fortunately I made a video this morning comparing 3 phones side by side by side showing that I had 0-2 bars on the Verizon phone and 5 bars on both my old Sprint phone and my new ATT phone. Needless to say after that there was no issue with canceling my service. I really hate it, Verizon seemed to be the way to go but I need to have coverage at my home all the time. Thanks for everyone's input today.
    12-02-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD