I've got a BB curve 8310. I live in a fairly populated east Texas area. My friends with verizon have almost no problem finding signal while i have none at all. Within the last few days my reception has gotten so bad at my house my phone is useless. Any ideas on if it's the phone or the carrier?

Is there any way to improve my phones reception?
    11-24-09 03:51 AM
    How long have you had your plan. If less than 30 days I believe you can cancel and find a carrier that does have coverage.
    Just goes to show what many on here have stated, go for the coverage, not the phone or the price. Some places ATT has better coverage and others Verizon.
    I'm in the same situation as you. ATT, Sprint, nor T-Mobile have any coverage where I live. I was fortunate that I already had Verizon when I moved here. If I had no coverage I would have had to select Alltel. Dodged that bullet!
    11-24-09 10:45 AM
    As a truck driver who travels all the lower 48 states, I've got to say that when my contract is up, I will be jumping ship to verizon. My at&t phone barely has coverage outside major cities.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 01:08 PM
    As a truck driver who travels all the lower 48 states, I've got to say that when my contract is up, I will be jumping ship to verizon. My at&t phone barely has coverage outside major cities.

You can't get better first-hand experience than this. Thank you.
    11-24-09 01:13 PM
    My Bold doesnt even have good coverage inside of my own home with full bars, i keep getting call fail, Ive gotten 3 bold's from att and all have dropped calls about every 5 minutes. sucks....
    11-24-09 06:56 PM
    I too was tired of getting dropped calls on AT&T after being with them for 2yrs. Started with iphone 2G, then iphone 3G, then I had the bold. I absolutely loved the bold. Well everyone I would talk to would get the hang up and I would get "CALL FAILED" on my end. 2 weeks ago paid the EFT by selling the bold and went to Verizon. Got the Storm 2 and all is well.
    11-25-09 09:19 AM
    There are several areas where I drop AT&T calls also. I called in a dropped call report and at least the lady on the phone was really interested in my dropped calls. With the ad fight going on with Verizon and AT&T's ad about more bars in more places, she said they are taking customer reports seriously. We'll see if they follow up on my report...
    11-25-09 09:33 AM
    I have no reception issues at all with AT&T in Bucks County, PA.

11-25-09 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD