I charged my phone overnight. At around 7:30 I took it off the charger & read through my emails that I had missed during the outage, searched twitter, surfed CNN for a few minutes, & did a little bbm. I took a shower then checked my phone for a message I had missed. I noticed that a half bar of battery was gone already! I checked the status, & it said 85%! This was after maybe 45 minutes of moderate use. I put it back on the charger as I continued to get ready for work. I've been @ work for just an hour. With hardly any use (reading a few emails & some bbm) I'm already down to 75%!

I did a search on sudden battery drain & I didn't come up w/ much. I haven't installed any new apps, or used any app more than usual. I'm doing a battery pull right now. Any other words of wisdom? Anyone else experiencing this?
    12-23-09 10:21 AM
    during the outage I had some battery drain but now that its back up its normal
    12-23-09 10:24 AM
    meterberry reports my drain at 0.1%, yesterday morning i was at 0.4% (while idle, edge, wifi, and bt on, only edge connected)
    12-23-09 10:29 AM
    at times I noticed my Tour was lowercase 1xev on my tour, that possibly could be part of the drain, It was dead this morning from 3/4 charge last night. My bold was on wifi UMA and didnt experience any drain...weird
    12-23-09 10:38 AM
    My is fine...
    12-23-09 10:56 AM
    No battery drain on my end, but I did notice during the outage that my memory was freed up. What I mean by that is my available application memory was at 114MG according to MeterBerry, when I lost data I was back up to 123MG Free, which is where I'm at after a battery pull...
    12-23-09 11:05 AM
    My Meterberry shows my battery drain to be consistent with yesterday and also previous days....

Fine here...
    12-23-09 11:07 AM
    Hey i been having the same problem, not sure what is going on but i guess i will also try the battery pull....
    12-23-09 11:15 AM
    Well its still early for me and my 9700 but in general I have to say yes it is suddenly draining faster than normal.

And definitely during the outage. I assumed berryweather or some other app was still attempting to get auto updates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 11:24 AM
    I assumed berryweather or some other app was still attempting to get auto updates.
    Mine was, but with the new version it will time out after no update is received...
    12-23-09 11:26 AM
    My battery seems to be draining faste too but I'm not sure it's due to the outage... bah
    12-23-09 11:27 AM
    Mine is just as normal, no change
    12-23-09 11:40 AM
    meterberry reports my drain at 0.1%, yesterday morning i was at 0.4% (while idle, edge, wifi, and bt on, only edge connected)
    Whoa!!!! Mine consistantly says 4.0-6.0 per hour!!! Why is that?
    12-23-09 11:51 AM
    Mine was, but with the new version it will time out after no update is received...
    Ahh. That's what I get for not reading about the BW updates before upgrading

Lol thanks

12-23-09 11:59 AM
    I contacted T-Mobile today about my battery issues. They agreed that it was really strange, & they're sending me a new battery .
    12-23-09 01:54 PM
    earlier today i performed a battery pull cuz my browser stopped working after the server went back up and when it turned on it said i only had 50% battery even though prior to the battery pull it was at 100%
    12-23-09 01:57 PM
    when i went to bed it was at 35%, when i woke up i had a 7 minute call, after checking my messages, fb, bbm, text etc. My phone dies on me. Maybe it was just the slew of missed messages. But that has never happened before.
    12-23-09 02:17 PM
    My battery seems to be normal.
    12-23-09 02:22 PM
    Uhhh everything is consistent on my end, I don't see how that would make a major impact on your battery. WiFi is about the only thing that would make a little more difference.
    12-23-09 02:44 PM
    During the outage, my BB was fluctuating wildly between 1X, 1xev and 1XEV, staying mostly on 1xev. It hit the batt pretty hard. After about 9PM, it stopped changing and stuck with 1XEV, but with the constant activity trying to check mail even though it wasn't getting any, it really drained my battery down. Its working normally now after charging last night and has used very little so far today.
    12-23-09 02:50 PM
    I drained my battery down to 1 tick left on the meter in 3 hours this AM. Berryweather was the culprit. I still have to update to the newer version, just trying to figure out how to do so.
    Later,
    B.
    12-23-09 02:50 PM
    My battery drained quick during the outage, but now it is back to its previous greatness.

12-23-09 03:05 PM
    Uhhh everything is consistent on my end, I don't see how that would make a major impact on your battery. WiFi is about the only thing that would make a little more difference.
    I wouldn't think so, either, but the timing of my battery problems was a bit too perfect to be coincidental. I was using WiFi last night, but I turned it back to 3G before I went to sleep.
    12-23-09 03:09 PM
    Yep my battery was dying yesterday. By 7pm yesterday, I was already at Low Battery level and my phone shut down. Now it's back and beautiful than ever
    12-23-09 03:09 PM
    I had noticed more than usual battery drain last night during the outage. I decided to put it on the charger now, even though I am 55%, so I would have a fully charged battery and can gauge better.

I will be on WiFi mostly all the way through the weekend, so I think that will also have an impact.

12-23-09 03:34 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD