Been searching around and couldn't find any info bout OS 5.0 come to 8330 with Verizon.

I know Boost has released their version, but I dont want to add it unless released by Verizon!
    02-07-10 12:14 PM
    I talked to a rep a couple weeks ago who told me that since they are starting to phase out the 8330 he doubts they will release 5.0 for it, just not worth while he said. He of course added the disclaimer that it was his opinion and what he had heard, not a fact. Take it for what you will I guess. I'm running the boost 5.0 and haven't had any problems.
    02-07-10 01:15 PM
    Will putting Boost 5.0 void my warranty?

Is it simple enough to install and any problems?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 04:07 PM
    Can't speak to your warranty, it was simple for me to install, didn't have any problems, just followed the tutorial on the thread about it. Some have had problems w/ GPS and what not, but no GPS w/ verizon for me anyway, haven't had any other issues.
    02-07-10 05:10 PM
    Hmmm gonna have to think bout it. Really want to use new Sirius app which people have said it works with 8330 with 5.0

02-07-10 05:12 PM
    We're still waiting for the official 5.0 for the Tour....
    02-07-10 07:29 PM
    What will the 5.0 OS change on the 8330?

What I mean is, what will it do with 5.0 that it won't do now?

Thanks
    02-08-10 01:13 AM
    All dependent on your vendor!

02-08-10 09:10 PM
    Keep in mind that most versions of 5.0 can possibly slow down your berry signifigantly due to 5.0 being a signifigantly larger os file.
    Especially if you intend to run the Sirius radio app.
    Think of it like putting windows vista on a computer built to run windows 2000 or xp.
    Now this is my experiance, and it was with a hybrid os.
    I have not tried Boostmobiles version yet.

02-09-10 06:01 AM
    Keep in mind that most versions of 5.0 can possibly slow down your berry signifigantly due to 5.0 being a signifigantly larger os file.
    Especially if you intend to run the Sirius radio app.
    Think of it like putting windows vista on a computer built to run windows 2000 or xp.
    Now this is my experiance, and it was with a hybrid os.
    I have not tried Boostmobiles version yet.
    Your comment is exactly spot on. Read the Sticky for the Boost 5.0 in the Curve 83xx section. A lot of users have had major problems. I am sticking with Big Red's latest (4.5.0.77). I'll get 5.0 when the Tour 2 drops, which hopefully is this month.
    02-09-10 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD