I'm having big probs trying to get Opera Mini 4 installed on my BB 8310 and was wondering if any other UK-based O2 users had had the same experience.

If you did - and, more importantly, you found a way to fix it - I'd love to hear from you.
    03-13-08 08:18 AM
    Hi

I installed it on my pearl with no probs but you need the 02 mobileweb settings to get it to work.

02 charges extra for mobileweb data so I removed it but others have reported that they have not been charged extra for using it. I am happy enough with the BB browser anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-08 11:17 AM
    Can't get it to work with wap.o2.co.uk looks like I'm gonna have to stuck with default browser

03-14-08 05:52 PM
    APN = mobile.o2.co.uk
    User = mobileweb
    Password = password

I use Opera Mini 4 absolutely fine.

It is chargeable currently however this will be changing very shortly
    03-14-08 06:04 PM
    I love opera mini but I got charged for using it so I had to uninstall - I'd love to know when this is changing though, any more info?

03-15-08 06:15 AM
    when are they going to stop charging?
    03-16-08 04:36 AM
    i get confused with the different apn settings, surley if you are on teh blackberry unlinited tarrif you souldnt get charged full stop.
    03-25-08 11:39 AM
    i'm finding this really annoying. plus there are loads of messages telling you to change your apn to the wap address, and then noone telling you that you can be charged for it.
    04-02-08 03:58 PM
    I agree that it is annoying, but here for your information is a link to o2's prices. Scroll down to the PDF at the bottom.

BlackBerry from O2 - O2 Unlimited BlackBerry tariff for consumers

O2 wap is now included as part of the 200mb allowance but Opera Mini doesn't work on wap. It needs the mobileweb settings. The mobile web costs �1 per mb.

Hopefully things will change in the future.
    04-02-08 04:22 PM
    I've been having trouble installing Opera Mini on my Blackberry Curve 8310. I've tried wap.o2.uk APN and mobileweb, but it still says "Failure to connect to the Internet" Nothing seems to work, how do I fix my internet settings, it won't let me use Blackberry Browser either? !
    06-06-08 11:32 AM
    go into tools>advanced options>browser

set the top one as o2 active
    set the middle one as internet browser
    set the bottom one as o2 active

pull the battery out for two mins

That will do the trick!
    06-07-08 02:40 PM
    So this is how you get Opera Mini to run on O2 wap!!

Thanks for that info c stanley.

Do you also need to set the TCP field to the o2 wap settings?

Opera works on BIS now too but I find it a bit slow.

Opera Mini works with BIS | BerryReview
    Last edited by Hazysky; 06-07-08 at 03:34 PM.
    06-07-08 03:31 PM
    do be aware service providers wont let you use certain programs but there is allways a way around it
    06-07-08 06:32 PM
    i just downloaded opera mini whilst drunk, it downloaded fine but do make sure the version of opera your trying to use is compatible with the OS your using but opera 4.2 works perfect on my curve
    06-07-08 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD