I apologies if I have posted this information in the wrong area, I'm new to the CrackBerry forums and there is sooo much information it's was impossible to find the information I'm wanting.

With that being said hopefully someone can help me out with some quality information.

I have been with Verizon for over 7 years and have been very satisfied with there coverage and customer service, especially since they released the 8830 many moons ago. I have seen on various forums stating that Verizon will be releasing a new BB device. Can anyone confirm that?

I was pleased when they released the Storm but then when I got it about 6 months after it was released I was very disappointed. I like most everything else about it except the touch screen and the lag in the OS. I did give it a try for just over 30 days, but just couldn't get use to the touch screen, it was terrible. Just my opinion.

I have talked to different Verizon reps, and non of them can give me a good answer, if they would be getting a new BB device anytime soon. So can anyone give me a good response, as to if and when Verizon is releasing a new device?

I don't want to leave Verizon, but gosh why does it take them so darn long to release a new BB device? Is it because they are CDMA, or is there another technology reason.

Oh I guess another question would be, would I be able to buy a device that is unlocked, and be able to use it on Verizon. If so would I be able to have all the functionality as a registered device with Verizon. I do have an exchange server/account with my current 8830. I would definitely need the full functionality of the device.

I hope all this made since, and I hope someone could help me out.
    05-29-09 07:19 PM
    Rumor and from a good source the Blackberry Tour 9630 will be released on 7/13. It is bold like and will likely replace the 8830. The pearl flip is coming soon too but I have not heard a date reported.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 07:26 PM
    Yea...I second the info o. The Tour 9630

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 07:31 PM
    I have talked to different Verizon reps, and non of them can give me a good answer, if they would be getting a new BB device anytime soon. So can anyone give me a good response, as to if and when Verizon is releasing a new device?

I don't want to leave Verizon, but gosh why does it take them so darn long to release a new BB device? Is it because they are CDMA, or is there another technology reason.
    The reason Verizon Reps can't give you a "good" answer is because we just plain don't have any information about any new device coming out on any specific date. Period. The president of our company was quoted in Reuters yesterday as saying there will be a second generation Storm and the Palm Pre introduced within the next six months or so, along with an array of other devices. Any dates given on this website up to this point are nothing but rumor and/or speculation
    05-29-09 07:43 PM
    Rumor
    .....and that's all it is.
    05-29-09 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD