im curious if there are any new sprint customers viewing this board, and hows the service for them? i havent seen any new customers posting in this thread, mostly long time Sprint users. I want to see how new customers evaluate sprint, just out of my curiosity
    03-08-09 05:02 PM
    i've had sprint for about 6 months now, 1 month using it with my new bb 8330 curve. the reception in my area is awesome (i came from crap-mobile) so i'm loving the cdma/3g side.. BUT! the customer service from them is the worst i've ever had.
    03-08-09 05:12 PM
    im curious if there are any new sprint customers viewing this board, and hows the service for them? i havent seen any new customers posting in this thread, mostly long time Sprint users. I want to see how new customers evaluate sprint, just out of my curiosity
    im not new to sprint but i have left to try other carriers, but i am new to blackberry with sprint, dont know if that counts, lol. After trying other carriers im sticking with sprint, there plans, pricing and coverage both voice and data is tough to beat.
    03-08-09 05:13 PM
    "BUT! the customer service from them is the worst i've ever had"

Curious to why you say this...Seems like a generic complaint that is old and overused.
    03-08-09 06:44 PM
    I've converted from Nextel to the Sprint side back in October. Nothing But good experiences so far. Since October I've got 10 of my friends and family hooked on the 8330 curve Do I need to say more?
    03-08-09 07:04 PM
    I was a long time att costumer and when it was time to renew my contract they didn't treat me well so I switched in Dec to Sprint and I got my 1st blackberry and smartphone ever and couldn't be happier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 07:20 PM
    Although I was with Nextel before they merged with Sprint, I'm only one month in with Sprint under a family shared plan.

We purchased (4) BB 8330's and have to say we're quite satisfied with the phones, reception and customer service ... thus far.

Regards,
    Dave
    03-08-09 07:54 PM
    The Blackberry phone is the best. To use all the capabilities of the blackberry such as push email, internet, organization and messaging...I go with the best unlimited plan (price) and 3G service (availability) which is Sprint.
    03-08-09 10:10 PM
    I've converted from Nextel to the Sprint side back in October. Nothing But good experiences so far. Since October I've got 10 of my friends and family hooked on the 8330 curve Do I need to say more?
    Reap in those credits!
    03-10-09 11:12 AM
    Im sorta new... about 10 months or something.... I cant complain about the service... I love it and its the cheapest by far. And as far as cs is concerned I called them once and they were helpful... It seems to me that some people call them all for every little thing and complain when it doesnt go there way... but maybe thats just me... but hey what do i know im just an *******...
    03-10-09 11:27 AM
    Reap in those credits!
    How do I get credits? Call CS?
    03-10-09 11:46 AM
    For everyone you switch over to Sprint, you and the person you switch over gets a credit (used to be $25, not sure what it is now). You're supposed to do it after the first 30 days (to make sure they don't quit). As always, CSR information varies, as I've had CSR's tell me there's no time limit and others tell me there is. You have to dial a certain number from your phone (* something something) and the referral has to do the same as well. If you're having trouble, I would definitely call CS. In the past they gave me a debit card which they would just charge, but I've also had credits added to my account directly.
    03-10-09 12:59 PM
    Been with sprint since the end of july '08, and I've been quite pleased and happy, so far. Anytime I've had to deal with customer service, I've used the web chat service -- never had a problem getting my point across and understanding a foreign cs rep. Hah.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 06:10 PM
    I signed up last October. So far, I'm happy with my Curve and customer service. Even my Verizon corporate discount can't beat my fees with Sprint (Everything data family for $130).
    03-11-09 11:19 AM
    I am kind of the opposite, was a long time Sprint user and, two complaints to the Better Business Bureau later, I am now with Verizon.

I was happy with Sprint's coverage for the most part, but the customer service I was getting in-store and on the phone was atrocious. I had a problem with my phone, took it in to get serviced, was told I was given a new phone, but it was clearly my old one (verified serial number). I complained to customer service on the phone, simply trying to get my problem resolved. Was told they would take care of it. Called back a few days later, since the cs rep said he'd call me back later that day, and they had no record of my conversation. This happened multiple times over the period of about 8 weeks. I was finally told I would have my early termination fee waived and allowed out of contract, with my current balance dropped. I confirmed this with the rep, got a name and a confirmation number. After switching to verizon, I got a bill for ETF and my balance. Called customer service again and they said they had no record of my past conversations, and that their "systems weren't linked so that they could view the information." I had to fight for another month to have the charges dropped. Finally, after weeks of people denying me ever making any calls to customer service, someone in the corporate office (which I had called previously) said that all records of my fees being cancelled were on the system, and she wasn't sure why I kept getting denied.

With the announcement of the new Palm Pre, and the great prices Sprint has on data plans, I considered switching back to Sprint, but I have decided, on principle, to never give them another dollar.

I am eligible for upgrade through Verizon and will be getting the Niagra when it comes out.
    03-11-09 02:07 PM
    switched from ATT...(their family plan is wicked $$$$ with a BB plan added to boot) Have 3 new 8330's for the family w/ the everything data and 1500 mins.
    CS both on the phone, online and at the store have been great!! plus reception is great in our area. Even gave us credit when we found sale on curves at BestBuy!!!
    03-11-09 06:30 PM
    switched from ATT...(their family plan is wicked $$$$ with a BB plan added to boot) Have 3 new 8330's for the family w/ the everything data and 1500 mins.
    CS both on the phone, online and at the store have been great!! plus reception is great in our area. Even gave us credit when we found sale on curves at BestBuy!!!

It seems like more and more att customers are coming to sprint. In the Flint,Mi area att service is getting worse! A few of my friends that havent switched to Sprint yet are complaining of dropped calls and incoming call going straight to voicemail. And their BB plans are crazy!
    03-11-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD