Hi all,

I hope I am posting in the correct forum, if not I do apologized. I will be travelling to Malaysia next January and wanted to bring my Verizon unlocked Storm with me. I did a search here at the forum to see what I need to do to get it working but to no avail.

Can someone please share some information as to how I can get my storm working while in Malaysia. I know from reading the 2 providers are Celcom and Maxis. What are the packages available? Which one have a better coverage area. I will be travelling within the Peninsular. Questions I have includes: Does it only provide voice service? What about data?

Any help,tips,hint,information is very much appreciated.
    11-10-09 11:14 AM
    I think there are a couple questions you need to ask yourself and answer before anyone can help you...

1) Is this trip business or personal?
    2) How long is the duration of the trip?
    3) How often would I be making phone calls?

You've already done one step in finding out who the mobile phone providers are in the country. I'm sure by going to their website, you should be able to find a coverage map to see which carrier will have coverage in the area you will be staying.

If your Storm is unlocked, you should be fine. When a phone is "unlocked", it means that any SIM card can be inserted and it is not locked to the original carrier you got the phone from. Once you get to Malaysia and insert the SIM of the local carrier, you should be fine.

I would say that if you are not going to be there for more than a month and won't be making much phone calls, you should look at a pay-as-you-go or prepaid option.
    11-10-09 11:37 AM
    Thank you BerryGuy25 for the quick response.

As for the information I need to provide.

1) Is this trip business or personal? Personal
    2) How long is the duration of the trip? 2 months
    3) How often would I be making phone calls? Frequently to keep in touch with co-worker and family

Thank you for explaining the unlocked phone situation. Just wanted to find out some info before traveling so I won't have too much to worry about when I reach KL.
    11-10-09 11:55 AM
    hi can help me to settel this problem with my keypad.when i press key H.appear is ws,press key K appear tg and others .why.only problem at key pad G<H<J<K<L and enter key pad.please help me.
    03-07-10 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD