An ad in todays news paper ( Ya I still read the print version) has ATT giving away the BB curve this week. The real kicker is the add claims the curve comes with push, web browser and document programs. All of which I believe are included in OS 4.5.?? Do you think these are shipping with the new OS? It makes no mention of video or other improvements. If these ship with the OS4.5.?? were is the end user download for the new OS
    07-09-08 08:03 PM
    I don't get the newspaper, but I did just check the AT&T website and they are selling them for $99 new and $69 for a refurbed.

If they are giving them away for free I will definately have to tell my friend.
    07-09-08 08:06 PM
    I don't get the newspaper, but I did just check the AT&T website and they are selling them for $99 new and $69 for a refurbed.

If they are giving them away for free I will definately have to tell my friend.

Free with 2yr @ 59.00 data program a month per ad in Indianapolis Star
    07-09-08 08:08 PM
    An ad in todays news paper ( Ya I still read the print version) has ATT giving away the BB curve this week. The real kicker is the add claims the curve comes with push, web browser and document programs. All of which I believe are included in OS 4.5.?? Do you think these are shipping with the new OS? It makes no mention of video or other improvements. If these ship with the OS4.5.?? were is the end user download for the new OS
    Where are you from?!!?! Seems unreal to me... that is a little bit over the top (FREE CURVE!)

If you really want to find reliable device deals... check on Amazon.com
    07-09-08 08:09 PM
    Where are you from?!!?! Seems unreal to me... that is a little bit over the top (FREE CURVE!)
    They were at one point giving the Curve away for free with a new 2 year contract.

Free with 2yr @ 59.00 data program a month per ad in Indianapolis Star
    Shucks!!! Wonder if I have to live in Indy.
    07-09-08 08:12 PM
    Free is not the issue. The issue is it is shipping with OS4.5.?? wHich means ATT is withholding the new Os from the dedicated bb users untill????
    07-09-08 08:13 PM
    Ah. Push email and web browser come with v4.2. The document programs is a little vague though. Are you reading this to mean Documents To Go?
    07-09-08 08:16 PM
    yes, although it does not say docs to go it does say excell , word, slideshow am incorrect in beliving these are packaged with OS 4.5.??
    07-09-08 08:20 PM
    Those programs are packaged in Documents To Go which is/will be released with v4.5.

Hmm, I'm not sure why the ad would say that unless your assumption is correct that they are loading them with v4.5. Or perhaps the person who wrote the ad was misinformed.
    07-09-08 08:23 PM
    They were at one point giving the Curve away for free with a new 2 year contract.
    Yup...about a month ago, my wife and I both got free 8310s from AT&T by re-upping for 2 more years. Try calling AT&T directly...they sometimes have better deals than you see in the print ads.
    07-09-08 09:05 PM
    yes, although it does not say docs to go it does say excell , word, slideshow am incorrect in beliving these are packaged with OS 4.5.??
    4.2 supports the attachment service which allows you to open Word, Excel, PDF, etc. sent via email.
    07-10-08 08:17 AM
    yes 4.2 supports docs to go but its not preloaded on ATT curves. which is what the ad eludes too
    07-10-08 08:36 PM
    That's strange, I have a buddy that may or may not be being honest about this, but he claims to have engaged DM and it asked him if he wanted to update he naturally chose yes and when it was all said and done he had OS 4.5 we are both on AT&T and have the same 8310 Crimson and yet I haven't heard anyone else make this claim and I don't think AT&T has made OS 4.5 official. Has anyone else heard of this or had it happen to you?
    07-10-08 10:13 PM
    yes 4.2 supports docs to go but its not preloaded on ATT curves. which is what the ad eludes too
    I'm sorry, but according to this page, Documents To Go requires OS 4.5 or higher. What I'm saying is that the Curve already supports document attachments without Docs To Go. Docs To Go will allow you to open (but not edit) Word, PowerPoint and Excel (with an update) files that are saved to the device or media card.

Push email and web browser are standard BB functions, not something you need an OS update for. I'd like to see what the exact wording of the ad was.
    07-11-08 07:41 AM
    That's strange, I have a buddy that may or may not be being honest about this, but he claims to have engaged DM and it asked him if he wanted to update he naturally chose yes and when it was all said and done he had OS 4.5 we are both on AT&T and have the same 8310 Crimson and yet I haven't heard anyone else make this claim and I don't think AT&T has made OS 4.5 official. Has anyone else heard of this or had it happen to you?
    Your buddy probably downloaded and installed either the VodaFone 4.5 release or one of the BETAs. The next time he connected, DM would automatically ask him to upgrade.
    07-11-08 07:44 AM
    Free is not the issue. The issue is it is shipping with OS4.5.?? wHich means ATT is withholding the new Os from the dedicated bb users untill????
    If there was an official OS 4.5 for ATT, we would all have our hands on it by now

That cannot be true!

And the Curve is $99 with ATT right now... so maybe this was some limited time offer or a local offer.
    07-11-08 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD