So I'll likely install 10.2 on Tue after I do my weekly backup, but I want to see if anybody is having any issues with 10.2. Sound off with your experience!
    04-07-14 02:52 AM
    I had no issue with 10.2, but you should install OS10.2.1. That's the latest and most wanted OS. It as a deeper integration to run Android apps ans many other plus.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 02:58 AM
    10.2.1 just came out for Sprint about an hour ago. He's asking if anyone on Sprint is having any issues.
    04-07-14 03:00 AM
    Yep, to be specific, the Sprint released 10.2.1.2674
    04-07-14 03:21 AM
    This is too early to ask, but you'll find answers very soon.

Posted via Q10 running 10.2.1.2156
    04-07-14 03:30 AM
    Yep, to be specific, the Sprint released 10.2.1.2674
    Sorry about that.
    OS10.2 and OS10.2.1 are two distinctive main BlackBerry updates but the last one brought up a lot.
    No I haven't tried it under Sprint, but I definitely could mention that most of carriers worldwide (excluding USA) did released it since months and no single users are really looking to step back. This OS even stop people looking at leak OS.
    Enjoy guys!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DStLouis; 04-07-14 at 07:12 AM.
    04-07-14 06:31 AM
    Everything runs better for me. But I still have a few issues. A. Still no Visual Voice Mail for Sprint. B. Still no way to unlock the phone, Sprint has kept the software modded in such a way that it's impossible to unlock. C. SMS in the Hub is still useless, laggy, slow, won't jump to the top of message threads at all anymore, and if you try it'll just freeze. From that point any other SMS thread you try and open will just display as the last you had open. I was hoping 10.2.1 would correct those SMS issues for me, but it has not. I'm probably going to end up with a Nexus 5, this all is getting a bit insane, on both BB and Sprints end.
    04-07-14 02:00 PM
    You could bypass the need for Visual Voicemail by having contacts call a Google Voice number that forwards calls, texts, voicemail to your cell. I've used this method for my work contacts and it works great.

Not sure what SMS issue you are having. When I open my text conversations I can easily see where the beginning / end of the conversation is with no delay. Some other users have reported if you're willing to "clean" out your old text messages it will respond much faster and reliably.

Lastly, I called Sprint a couple months ago and they initiated an unlock command from their international support desk...so it's supposed to work with local SIM cards now.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 03:29 PM
    I don't want to set up Google Voice, this should be something already integrated to the software, and is on basically every other carriers software build. As for SMS, this will be the second time I've deleted all messages since I've moved to BB10, nothing changes for me. Which is very annoying considering I had about 3 years of archived conversations on my 9330 Curve with no problems or slow downs. As for the unlocking, I don't know why you would believe anything that Sprint has said at this point. Multiple people have had that done (including myself) when they take the device overseas and try and use a local SIM, it doesn't work... Plus go look up a guide to fully unlock a Q10, then try and look for the ways they say to enter the unlock code. Those parts of the software have been blocked off for Sprint Q10s, they've effectively blocked us from any unlocking of any kind with this device.

You could bypass the need for Visual Voicemail by having contacts call a Google Voice number that forwards calls, texts, voicemail to your cell. I've used this method for my work contacts and it works great.

Not sure what SMS issue you are having. When I open my text conversations I can easily see where the beginning / end of the conversation is with no delay. Some other users have reported if you're willing to "clean" out your old text messages it will respond much faster and reliably.

Lastly, I called Sprint a couple months ago and they initiated an unlock command from their international support desk...so it's supposed to work with local SIM cards now.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 03:40 PM
    I used to think Visual Voicemail would be something nice, but quickly discovered that most of my contacts would rather send a BBM, WhatsApp, Wechat message rather than leave a voicemail...so to me it's something I have never needed and I suspect VV use will be less and less. I've also been using GV with no issues for years.

The SMS issue to me is minor because the majority of my contacts send me a data message from one of the above services. Plus why would you need "archive" tens of thousands of texts? Why don't you back up the critical conversations another method? Or request if someone sending you something that important to send it via e-mail or another method? I've never depended on texting to save any important information and pressure my contacts to use a data method as texting wastes battery and is slow.

As for the SIM card: The first time around, I called their support and they gave me the wrong information stating the Q10 was already unlocked. The second time it turns out they actually did something that required I update my profile and reboot the device. Upon reboot my SIM card actually went through a change (not sure what). So I assume it's actually changed. Of course, this could be all for nothing and would be quite frustrating. If true, wouldn't there be an OS leak we could use to be unlocked by default?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 04:55 PM
    I can understand that, but I have many contacts that will only leave Voice Mail if they can't reach me promptly, so it's quite annoying. SMS to me is a huge deal, from either myself being in a poor data area, contacts that don't want to use BBM and only use a service like Kik with no BB10 support. Plus all of the people I talk to most are on networks with limited data, so they're incredibly paranoid of using any form of data. Archiving was for different reasons with different contacts, varied on a case by cases basis. Some convos just never were deleted on the Curve because there never was anything giving me a reason to. As for the leak, I'm sure we could load an unlocked one. But I'm very quickly tiring of everything needing some kind of modification or work around for what should be working out of the box. Add on top of that the poor performance and interaction of Android apps with the BB10 hardware, and I'm becoming more and more enticed to move to a Nexus. I'll miss the great keyboard, and gestures, but the overall apps and seamless use will be amazing. Plus I'll be gaining Sprint Spark capabilities, 800 SMR band which I'll need at my next school campus, and I can switch between AT&T, T-Mo, and Sprint with fully functional LTE on all. The cons are just beginning to outweigh the pros for me. Some because of Sprint and some because of BB.

I used to think Visual Voicemail would be something nice, but quickly discovered that most of my contacts would rather send a BBM, WhatsApp, Wechat message rather than leave a voicemail...so to me it's something I have never needed and I suspect VV use will be less and less. I've also been using GV with no issues for years.

The SMS issue to me is minor because the majority of my contacts send me a data message from one of the above services. Plus why would you need "archive" tens of thousands of texts? Why don't you back up the critical conversations another method? Or request if someone sending you something that important to send it via e-mail or another method? I've never depended on texting to save any important information and pressure my contacts to use a data method as texting wastes battery and is slow.

As for the SIM card: The first time around, I called their support and they gave me the wrong information stating the Q10 was already unlocked. The second time it turns out they actually did something that required I update my profile and reboot the device. Upon reboot my SIM card actually went through a change (not sure what). So I assume it's actually changed. Of course, this could be all for nothing and would be quite frustrating. If true, wouldn't there be an OS leak we could use to be unlocked by default?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:30 PM
    Yea that's definitely an issue if most of your contacts have little to no data available to use. Time to bring them Sprint on a unlimited family plan :-D

And yes its annoying to have to deal with work arounds but to me I'm willing to deal with it...and with 10.2.1 most of my issues have been resolved.

As for the SIM unlock...since I have a leak does that mean my device is technically ready to be used on any GSM network?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 06:13 PM
    I'd have to kill them before I'd get them to move from VZW, plus I won't switch to Framily. I hate the "easy pay" payment system, and the 100MB roaming limit, they'll get me off Everything Data when they pry it from my cold dead hands XD. I'm not sure about the SIM unlock with a leak to be honest. Someone around here may know more, easiest to do would be borrow an active SIM from someone you know on AT&T or T-Mo and just pop it in, see what happens. I do notice another issue, from the general search on the home screen, it's no longer giving me the option of Google searching in the browser, even with it enabled under search settings.

Yea that's definitely an issue if most of your contacts have little to no data available to use. Time to bring them Sprint on a unlimited family plan :-D

And yes its annoying to have to deal with work arounds but to me I'm willing to deal with it...and with 10.2.1 most of my issues have been resolved.

As for the SIM unlock...since I have a leak does that mean my device is technically ready to be used on any GSM network?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 07:21 PM
    My extended search is working and Google is showing up in an option. You may need to restart. Apparently the 10.2.1.2234 leak version has slightly newer files than the most recent one.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 09:12 PM
    I've restarted 3 times since I downloaded the update, but I'll try it again before I go to bed.
    04-07-14 09:20 PM
    It was the first time I updated BB10. It was a little sluggish but now after more than 24 hours it has settled in nicely. I like the extra features. I can see which emails I forwarded or replied to like in Outlook on my BES10.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 04:04 PM
    I'm wondering about a couple things. I have leak 10.2.1.2234 (Software 10.2.1.2160) installed and running fine. Does anyone know the following:

1. If WeChat notifications are working ok (hub integration that existed in 10.1...but in my version it is not working) for 2674?

2. Are there significant changes / improvements / deficits between 2234 and 2674?
    04-08-14 06:37 PM
    I had bad battery drain/ heating up the first day (battery would only last 1/2 day), did a few restarts. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 01:47 AM
    The battery is back to normal, whew! Everything else went well, all functioning normally.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:23 PM
    I'm having SMS issues.

1) it's laggy when pulling up a conversation. It will hang up for 10-15 seconds.

2) large text messages won't sent. An error message will just say "general problems"m anyone else experiencing this?

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 via CB10
    04-15-14 11:47 AM
    Just notice today that I can't send MMS, says 352:Error header validation...no clue what that means and don't remember if I've sent any pictures since the update til now

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:32 PM
    No sms/mms problems here.
    04-15-14 07:15 PM
    I'm still having battery drain issues after a week. I will ask for a passport reset on my BES so I can factory reset it and then do a fresh install.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 09:30 PM
    No sms/mms problems here.
    I had an issue with my q10 after the update. My phone was stuck in roaming for a week I called sprint. We tried everything, finally they opened a case with their field tech to check the antennas. Coupler days later.....bam no roaming. Impressed with sprint.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-16-14 08:27 PM
    Glad your not having any MMS troubles, must be exclusive to my device or else I'm sure someone else would have posted something by now..i wonder if Sprint still uses the picture mail to send photos ota, maybe something to do with that....ive reached out to @blackberryhelp via twitter and gone to sprint q10 forums and seems neither know anything about it...going to have to go to the store...

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 01:34 AM
30 12