Data outage still here in So Cal...using wifi now which is the only way I can get data. On Tmo- data out most of the day...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 11:41 PM
    All good here in SLC.
    02-20-10 11:42 PM
    Oops, forgot to add I'm on VZW.
    02-20-10 11:47 PM
    Data outage on 3G here in Central Florida - all works on wi-fi....I have been told by RIM (2.20.10) that the problem is with RIM/AT&T...they told me that everything should be corrected in 12 hours! That was at 2:00pm Saturday.
    02-20-10 11:54 PM
    in seattle, wa with verizon. i'm on bes and have no internet or email while on the network. fortunately i've been mostly at home today so using my wifi. i went out for about an hour and had an anxiety attack from being without internet and email
    02-21-10 12:00 AM
    in seattle, wa with verizon. i'm on bes and have no internet or email while on the network. fortunately i've been mostly at home today so using my wifi. i went out for about an hour and had an anxiety attack from being without internet and email
    Quoted to get this; There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Lmao, thanks for the politically correct way to say that.
    02-21-10 12:30 AM
    In Dallas, TX..T-Mobile...No BBM all day ...mssges are just sitting there and have been since 7am 2/20/2010. They have not been sent at all. No help from T-Mobile and havent heard ANY updates. Sucksssss...........
    02-21-10 01:20 AM
    I'm in Austin, Texas on Tmobile. I've had no problems.

02-21-10 02:01 AM
    It's 0230L here in IL and I still don't get any BIS service. But than goodness I'm home with my WiFi.
    02-21-10 02:24 AM
    I have 3 BBs on my plan, 2 are dead in the water, one works fine. Dad on BIS on another plan and VZW as well is having no issues..WTF gives?!?
    02-21-10 02:24 AM
    seems like it's all back as of now. people i know with verizon came back earlier... i have at&t and i had to log into the email bis site on the web to send my service books before my bb came back to life. i called 611 from my bb and the recording told me that att was upgrading its customer service systems and no one was available to help me until noon sunday. #FML. sending the service books when i got home was the answer.

so send your service books.... that might be your answer too! (vzw can dial *228 and select option 1).
    02-21-10 02:29 AM
    ive been having problems with my data yesterday and all day today. Yesterday, emails were sporadic and browsing was fine (albeit slow). Today nothing really worked (viigo was sporadic for a while and then stopped working).

HOWEVER, when i am on wifi, everything works fine....

come on RIM, figure it out!!

im in BC with rogers
    02-21-10 02:31 AM
    BBM being uber slow in Singapore...
    im getting kinda sick paying monthly premium fee for the monthly outage...

but the good thing here is i still receive email PIN and still can browse the net..
    only BBM being sick..
    02-21-10 04:52 AM
    Still out this morning.

No email, No internet, No messaging

I'm done -- as soon as the stores open around here I'll be on my way to ending my time with Blackberry and RIM.

I can't go on paying extra for a service that is undependable at best. Even when the BB service is up and running the browser speed has always been ridiculously slow compared to other smartphones I have seen. It's almost embarassing to go on the internet when someone is waiting for me to find something for them.

I'll be looking at the Pre and the Droid at Verizon and make my choice from one of those I would guess.

I know at this point I am just ranting and venting -- But this has gone past the point of acceptable and I'm done.

Interesting Note -- Since I still have my Storm, I decided to switch the service back to that until I can go to the store later today. This way the Curve was ready to be returned/exchanged without any data on it.
    As soon as I programmed the Storm I was able to go on the internet with it and started getting all my emails. I tried everything I could to get the Curve working (batt pull, programming, sending service books ... you name it).
    Very strange results -- I have no idea why some BBs seem to be working and others are not -- Just thought I would add this note since I find this odd.
    Last edited by Sprank1; 02-21-10 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Added Information
    02-21-10 06:30 AM
    bbm, email and browser still NOT working in south east Texas unless connected to wifi. Carrier is AT&T

I don't know how many times I pulled my battery yesterday trying to fix this problem. I was just about to reload the OS on my bold 9000 when I found this thread.
    02-21-10 07:24 AM
    Wow! Everything fine here in greater Cleveland Ohio. Never had a problem at all with Verizon
    02-21-10 07:30 AM
    Philly area and without WIFI nothing still.
    02-21-10 07:41 AM
    Sunday morning still out of data service in NY. AT&T said the following test shows if you are affected by outage: run diagnostics in Mobile Network options, if the Blackberry Pin-pin fails the test, you are affected. Most of my friends and family here are not so its luck of the draw.
    02-21-10 07:52 AM
    Been out on my 9700 since sometime Saturday afternoon. I am on AT&T and presume it to be a problem with the carrier, but it sounds like it is across carriers?

dammit! on a sunday too! LOL
    02-21-10 07:56 AM
    Upstate NY area nothing without wifi. Came back spotty late last night but this morning nada.
    02-21-10 08:02 AM
    Sunday 9am Eastern and things are still dead. This is the 2nd time for me since Thursday last week. When it went out Thursday I spent over an hour on the phone with AT&T who finally got it working again by removing the data and messaging plans from my account and then adding them back. Worked fine on Friday and then all went dead again sometime Saturday morning. So I've had no data and no emails on 3G for about 24-hours now. I guess I will call them later.

I made the switch to BlackBerry a few months ago and, boy, what a welcome. In my first year of BB ownership there have been a half-dozen or so outages. This is ridiculous. I take it from comments that this isn't the way it has always been. Are we to just expect outages to be the norm now? I realize they do not want the bad press, but RIM or the carriers should issue a statement when there are problems so we, the paying customers, wouldn't be sitting wondering what the **** was going on.
    02-21-10 08:05 AM
    In SE Wisconsin on AT&T, still down without WiFi.

02-21-10 08:25 AM
    Bronx here with no services unless with a wifi connection. For some reason it says Abort next to the Pin-Pin thing... what does that mean?
    02-21-10 08:35 AM
    ITS ALIVE.. ITS ALIVE.. Finally.. Sitting down and all of a sudden i hear my Email tone, one after another after another.. 17 emails.. Everything back on now for me here in NH
    02-21-10 08:47 AM
    I don't have a problem at all--AT&T, Bold 9000, here in Houston, Texas.
    02-21-10 08:52 AM
223 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD