Hello all. First time posting here. I realize that this subject has been covered to death, but I was hopingfor a little guidance.

On February 08, 2009 I will be eligible for a Rogers hardware upgrade. I have never owned a Blackberry but have come to a point where in my business it is almost inevitable.

From what I have read so far, the major differences might be:

Size
    3G
    Processor speed
    Screen resolution
    UMS (available on the 8900 only)

Can anyone weigh in. Help guide me toward one or the other.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    01-30-09 09:31 AM
    Tons of info on this already, and it really comes down to personal preference, but;

Buy Bold if;
    You like bold leather look, want speed of 3g & processor, want bigger screen, like bigger keyboard, want better speakers, etc

Buy Curve2 if;
    You like cleaner simpler design, want light & small, slightly sharper screen, want better camera (don't care about extra MP, but like cover to avoid dirt & love autofocus for pics of info on computer screen or paper documents), want UMA, want more memory for lots of apps,

I got the curve2 mainly for the camera & smaller size, plus I was usually around wifi so 3g wasn't a huge issue. But really up to personal preference.
    01-30-09 12:12 PM
    I agree with what Warwick said, but I have a bold because I love the look and design for myself and my wife just got the Curve 8900 cause she loves the size and design of that.

If you have bigger hand or "sausage fingers" (as my wife calls it) the Bold will definatly be better
    01-30-09 12:28 PM
    Thank you both for the prompt reply. Your input is greatly appreciated.
    01-30-09 02:48 PM
    I also was looking at both. I chose the Bold because I liked the slightly bigger size and I don't have huge hands but still found the 8900 small when using the keyboard.

I read a couple of reviews and both said the camera in the bold actually produced better images (clarity and depth of colours) even though it has fewer MPs. I didn't buy mine for the camera so it wasn't a factor.

The sound out of the speakers is incredible given the size. They are on par with a good laptop's sound.

The Bold does 3G on Rogers.

The screen's resolution is fine. The Curve my have higher resolution based on the numbers but the Bold is excellent. Some apps have very small font size and can't be adjusted so on a Curve, they would be even smaller.

Not sure if the Curve is a cleaner and simpler design; just looks like a smaller Bold to me
    01-30-09 04:14 PM
    What is 3G? What does it mean?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 05:44 PM
    Wikipedia is your friend!

3G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Congo
    01-30-09 05:51 PM
    I myself and looking to upgrade as well. Im considering the 8900 though because i just love my 8310 now! Curve FTW!

Your decision should mainly depend on the uses. As far as looks go, if you like something thin and sleek go for the 8900, want something with slightly more class with the "leather" bac, then go for Bold. For usage, you have to look at the key factors. Does your business need require you to have a fast data connection to surf the web or are you only looking for email access. Both the phones have WiFi, so if your at the office and need data, then your good to go. But if you dont really need super fast data transfer, I would go for the 8900. I prefer the individual seperated key, rather than the no seperation in the Bold. Take some getting used to both. I find that i can type faster with my Curve than a Bold. Probably a bit biased cause im a Curve fan, but its what i hear from many people.

Basically, if 3G data speed isnt necessary for your business then go for what u prefer in the look and feel dept and obviously, what wont hit your wallet as hard.
    02-03-09 10:34 AM
    go into Rogers and have a look....ask them to play with both for a few minutes

hands on will definitely help you decide
    02-03-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD