I got the tour on the 12th and paid full retail.

I was having issues scrolling horizontally and finally got fed up with it, so I took it in, and they exchanged me a new tour no problem.

The replacement they gave sucks. You don't even have to press the trackball/menu/back keys; if you even touch them lightly the screen ripples. I took it in, they looked at it and said that's not an issue.

I went to two corporate stores, and both of the managers told me "if it becomes a problem, we can exchange it under warranty." IT ALREADY IS A PROBLEM. I paid $500 for this! I should expect some quality.

And now I'm noticing that the standby button is sticking and making a horrible clicking sound occasionally.

Everyone I talked to at both stores were so rude and abrasive.

Am I able to return the tour and just buy a new one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 03:05 PM
    Try calling CS.
    08-02-09 03:10 PM
    I called CS and they were willing to help me, said they'd be able to send me a refurbished model. But I felt entitled to a new one, so that's when I went to the second store. Then I called CS again, and she said there was nothing she could do because both stores indicated in their little notes that there was nothing wrong with the phone.

They lied in the notes. Both mgrs told me they could see the rippling but it just wasn't an issue to them. CS said they indicated they didn't see anything.

08-02-09 03:26 PM
    I called CS and they were willing to help me, said they'd be able to send me a refurbished model. But I felt entitled to a new one, so that's when I went to the second store. Then I called CS again, and she said there was nothing she could do because both stores indicated in their little notes that there was nothing wrong with the phone.

They lied in the notes. Both mgrs told me they could see the rippling but it just wasn't an issue to them. CS said they indicated they didn't see anything.

If you're within your 30 days of purchase, just take it back. VZW has a 30 days return policy.
    08-02-09 03:49 PM
    If you're within your 30 days of purchase, just take it back. VZW has a 30 days return policy.

Exactly. Then let them refurbish it. Buy a Curve
    08-02-09 04:11 PM
    But I still want a tour. Will they let me return the tour within 30 days just to go ahead and buy another one?

08-02-09 04:12 PM
    Exactly. If they want to stick it to you, then stick it to them instead. Take it back and get your money refunded. If you really want a Tour, get your money back and then buy another. That way your 30 day return policy will start over and you wont be stuck with another broken Tour if youre given another that is defective.
    Last edited by cenloe; 08-02-09 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes on handheld
    08-02-09 04:13 PM
    Exactly. If they want to stick it to you, then stick it to them instead. Take it back and get your money refunded. If you really want a Tour, get your money back and then buy another. That way your 30 day return policy will start over and you wont stuck with another broken Tour if your given another that is defective.
    You just have to tell them you dont want the device. Within 30 days, you are within the return/refund window. Do that, then go to the next store and buy a new one and reset your 30 day clock. Lost of work but at least you stand a better chance of getting what you want.

Stange tho, They replaced my Storm a few times and the last time I went the offered me a Tour. Maybe you just got the wrong folks.

As a side note, you might want to take a look at Sprint as the provider for your Tour after you get it refunded.
    08-02-09 04:24 PM
    Just tell them you want a DOA. It should be new..
    08-02-09 05:37 PM
    Problem with DOA is they have to find something wrong with the device. Remember you will have a $35 restocking fee..

08-02-09 06:53 PM
    Yeah if you return then re-purchase there will be a $35 restocking fee
    08-02-09 07:23 PM
    Really fine & well-built device, that Tour.

08-02-09 07:26 PM
    I like mine
    08-02-09 07:27 PM
    No problems here sorry you got a bad one.

08-02-09 07:31 PM
    But I felt entitled ..............
    Ahhh yes, ENTITLED, ENTITLED, ENTITLED
    08-02-09 08:41 PM
    Ahhh yes, ENTITLED, ENTITLED, ENTITLED
    What point are you trying to make? I bought it within the 30 days, so I am entitled to a new one, not a refurbished one. Yes, entitled.

08-02-09 08:45 PM
    Agreed. You paid full price in exchange for a new, functioning device. You got a new, malfunctioning device. You don't want a refurbished, malfunctioning device or a refurbished functioning one. You just want what you paid for.

08-02-09 09:29 PM

Haha I'm sure your enjoying this and saying "I told you so".

The Tour feels a lot better built then the 8830 IMO.

I agree that RIM needs some more quality control, I just exchanged my Tour today for a new one. It had the exact same issue the OP's did, horizontal scrolling was going down the tube

They exchanged it with no problems.
    08-02-09 09:38 PM
    Haha I'm sure your enjoying this and saying "I told you so".
    He does that a lot and seems to relish it. If you could only see the priceless grin he tries to hide when he does it.

Too bad he is right so often.
    08-02-09 09:51 PM
    Ok, so reps at two completely different stores tell you there isn't anything wrong with phone....

maybe....just MAYBE...there isn't anything wrong with the phone. I know, I know...it's a shocking thought!
    08-02-09 10:38 PM
    You're within 30 days of purchase VZW stores are supposed to replace phones as much as is needed within that time period. Find a store that'll give you a new one and this time hope its not a lemon.
    08-02-09 10:43 PM
    You're within 30 days of purchase VZW stores are supposed to replace phones as much as is needed within that time period. Find a store that'll give you a new one and this time hope its not a lemon.
    Actually, that isn't technically true. The policy states they get one return within the 30 day WFG period. While normally it isn't an issue and the store will usually exchange the phone more than once if it is deemed to be defective, but they don't HAVE to by policy.

Exchange policy pulled from the VZW website is below....

Exchange New Merchandise
    Within 30 days of purchase of new merchandise, you may exchange it one time. In order to make the exchange, return the merchandise (including phone, charger, battery, instructions, etc.) in its ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like–new condition. Please have your customer receipt available as proof of purchase. A $35 restocking fee will apply.

Shipping charges may apply to exchange merchandise sent to you by Verizon Wireless.

If you purchased your merchandise from the Verizon Wireless Online Store or over the phone from one of our Telemarketing or Customer Service Representatives, please contact the phone number on your customer receipt for additional details on completing your exchange.

If you purchased your merchandise from a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, please contact the store for additional information on completing your exchange.

If you purchased your merchandise from another retailer, the retailer's exchange policy applies.

Device Exchange Program

If you're having a problem with your device, just contact Verizon Wireless toll–free at 1.866.406.5154 from a landline phone. We'll diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot resolve the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect within the first year you own the device, we'll send you a Certified Like–New Replacement (either a like unit or one of comparable quality) right to your door at no cost to you.

If you call us after the return and exchange period, the device you receive may be reconditioned equipment. Certified Like–New Replacements will carry the remaining warranty period from the original device, or 90 days, whichever is greater.

If the original one–year warranty period has expired and you are not enrolled in the Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage programs, Verizon Wireless will assess a fee if you wish to replace a defective device due to electrical malfunction or manufacturer defect. You have 30 days from the date of activation of a new device to enroll in Extended Warranty or Total Equipment Coverage. The deductible fee for Certified Like–New Replacements after one year from original purchase is $50.

Devices subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage, unreasonable wear and tear and the like, are not eligible for any return or exchange program. This program does not cover devices on Prepaid Accounts or lost or stolen devices.

These policies do not limit or supersede any existing manufacturer's warranties. This program may be considered to be a "warranty" or "service contract" in certain states. In these states, please refer to the Extended Limited Warranty or Service Contract brochure for full details
    Last edited by JDnLou; 08-03-09 at 12:10 AM.
    08-02-09 10:56 PM
    The screen rippling is just like the store Mgr said. Not an issue. There is nothing wrong with your phone

08-02-09 11:30 PM
    The screen rippling is just like the store Mgr said. Not an issue. There is nothing wrong with your phone

Exactly what sheep say. Way to think for yourself bro.
    08-03-09 12:42 AM

how dare you bash such an uber cool and reliable device that is perfect right out of the box with no problems at all.
    08-03-09 01:24 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD