Here is my situation. On december 09, I renewed my 2yr contract and got the 9700. 2 weekks later, I had to get a replacement for a defective phone. However, the customer service rep wasn't sure what she was doing and said she will reset my upgrade option so I can order a new phone at the discount price. Now, when I log onto my account and look at 'check upgrade optoons' it says I am elegible for an equipment upgrade at a discount price with a renewal of a 2 year contract. Does this mean I'm not on a contract anyymore since she reset my upgrade status? I'm not sure if I want to call and ask and have them change me back. Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 01:06 PM
    I would bet your still in contract. Upgrades do not directly reflect contract dates and can be manipulated to a point
    02-19-10 01:31 PM
    Hmm, what's the 'defect' you're experiencing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 02:43 PM
    You are almost certainly still under contract, BUT you may now have the option of upgrading (although at this point what better is out there????) and restarting your 2 year contract at any point now. Although this privilege may have an expiration date too.
    02-19-10 03:13 PM
    I was thinking of switching to Sprint when the Tour2 comes out. I don't know if I should call AT&T and just play dumb and ask.
    02-19-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD