So I upgraded to the Storm 2, had lots of problems with it so returned it for the Curve. Love the Curve...no issues with it. BUT 2 days later the new Curve came out. Wish the Vzw emplopyee would have informed me...I would have waited for the updated Curve..and now I'm stuck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 06:55 PM
    I'm sorry :x
    12-20-09 07:06 PM
    No you can return thew old curve for new. You had a 30 return policy. You have to pay restocking fee but you can/could have returned it.

12-20-09 07:18 PM
    I believe you can only swap once. Otherwise they'd have people running 29 day demos on all their snazzy stuff
    12-20-09 07:21 PM
    Yea I was told only 1 return...but still wish they would have let me know the new curve was being released so soon!

12-20-09 08:12 PM
    Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear it man.
    12-20-09 08:18 PM
    That's definitely bogus. I'd be making a huge stink. Then again.....you could easily find out when new stuff is about to drop on the scene and be more prepared than the CSRs are. be an educated consumer!
    12-20-09 08:19 PM
    Yeah..true enough. Lesson learned I guess! Eh, maybe I will give a call tomm to cust svc..see if they can do anything! Doubtful but worth a shot, I have been a cust for at least 5 yrs now

12-20-09 08:33 PM
    It never hurts to ask...
    12-20-09 08:41 PM
    On a plus side, the 8330 is a very stable and reliable device so your troubles should be little to none. I understand your frustration, but being a member here keeps you up to date on up and coming devices. Good luck.
    12-20-09 09:02 PM
    Yeah..true enough. Lesson learned I guess! Eh, maybe I will give a call tomm to cust svc..see if they can do anything! Doubtful but worth a shot, I have been a cust for at least 5 yrs now

Every time I see these words, I cringe. I have been using the same gas station now for 10 years. They don't give me anything. We pay our utilities to the same company for 5 years. We get nothing from them.

Verizon offers a service for a charge, and you pay to use it. I really feel like this whole self entitlement thing has gone too far. It is your responsibility as a paying customer to find out what the policies are regarding returns/upgrades on devices. You should also educated yourself on what devices are coming, because clearly you cannot rely solely on the customer service reps. Some of them are very educated, while others can barely find their way out of a paper bag.
    12-20-09 10:12 PM
    I went through 7 S1's and the last one was the 3rd within 90 days and I was given the choice to get another or try the Tour. I chose the Tour and within a week I called CS and they said I was stuck with it. Three weeks after I got it I couldn't deal with the screen envy so I decided to just go to the store to see what they'd say. Phone CS was wrong. Even though it was a multi fru, I still got my 30 day exchange and now have my S2. I did have to pay a $35 restocking fee, which I get and was fine with. Just go to your local store and ask. If the rep says no, you could nicely ask if they could double check with the store manager.
    12-20-09 10:21 PM
    I went through 7 S1's and the last one was the 3rd within 90 days and I was given the choice to get another or try the Tour. I chose the Tour and within a week I called CS and they said I was stuck with it. Three weeks after I got it I couldn't deal with the screen envy so I decided to just go to the store to see what they'd say. Phone CS was wrong. Even though it was a multi fru, I still got my 30 day exchange and now have my S2. I did have to pay a $35 restocking fee, which I get and was fine with. Just go to your local store and ask. If the rep says no, you could nicely ask if they could double check with the store manager.
    Uh, no. You do NOT get a WFG on a multi-exchange. If the manager allowed this it came of his disctretion, that's it.
    12-20-09 10:26 PM
    Uh, no. You do NOT get a WFG on a multi-exchange. If the manager allowed this it came of his disctretion, that's it.
    That's funny, the manager wasn't even there for the transaction until the rep needed some kind of password or code from him to complete it. The rep just said yes, if you pay the restock fee, you can exchange it.
    12-20-09 10:57 PM
    That's funny, the manager wasn't even there for the transaction until the rep needed some kind of password or code from him to complete it. The rep just said yes, if you pay the restock fee, you can exchange it.
    until the rep needed some kind of password or code for him to complete it.

I think you just answered your own question.
    12-20-09 10:59 PM
    Every time I see these words, I cringe. I have been using the same gas station now for 10 years. They don't give me anything. We pay our utilities to the same company for 5 years. We get nothing from them.

Verizon offers a service for a charge, and you pay to use it. I really feel like this whole self entitlement thing has gone too far. It is your responsibility as a paying customer to find out what the policies are regarding returns/upgrades on devices. You should also educated yourself on what devices are coming, because clearly you cannot rely solely on the customer service reps. Some of them are very educated, while others can barely find their way out of a paper bag.
    Even if they do know about a new device coming, they can't talk about it unless its been publicly announced. Employees are under NDAs and could lose their job.

12-20-09 11:00 PM
    I never mentioned them talking about new devices. Half of them don't even know about the devices that are currently being offered. The last time I was in a store, I almost corrected an employee who was misinforming a potential customer regarding the capabilities of the BlackBerry Tour.
    12-21-09 11:20 AM
    I meant that more toward the op.

12-21-09 11:48 AM

Does haggling over sticker price at a car dealership count as looking for an entitlement? After all, VZW can say no and in this case, I would agree with them.
    12-21-09 12:42 PM
    You might try calling Verizon CS, they might let you swap a second time due to the circumstance. It sure does not hurt to ask.
    12-21-09 12:51 PM
    Does haggling over sticker price at a car dealership count as looking for an entitlement? After all, VZW can say no and in this case, I would agree with them.
    No. Dealerships set their prices individually, not according to the manufacturer really, so they have room to haggle, which is a nightmare all on its own.

Verizon has a return policy, and they pretty much follow it strictly. Why are people surprised when they don't get what they want? Why do they think that they are entitled to some special treatment because they have been a customer for 5 years?
    12-21-09 01:41 PM
    Oh please...stop all of you..and a special thanks to whoever changed the title of my post!!

I did not and will not call CS...for goodness sakes I do not feel entitled to anything. I was simply stating I wish they had said "hey, the Curve 2 comes out Friday" and I would have waited.

End of story...and I will be thinking twice before posting anything again!!! Thanks!

12-21-09 02:39 PM
    Harvey.....don't stop posting....half the time people get bent out of shape over the smallest things....
    You have reason to be upset, I would be if a new device was coming out.
    Not everyone reads forums, etc.
    If you deal with a rep on a regular basis they may tell you some info. It's not like the devices show up and then they put them on the shelves. As I understand it, reps have to go to training for new devices.
    12-21-09 02:46 PM
    Special thanks goes to me.
    12-21-09 03:48 PM
    Sure PK...... Thanks!
    12-21-09 03:49 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD