Sad that I'm the one to start this thread, but comes with the early adopter territory I guess. For everyone that's having issues with their Alltel Tour, here's as good a place as any, since we're pretty far and few between in the Tour board.

Looking past the slight and occasional screen ripple when I hit the back or end buttons, I've got a bigger issue.

BBMaps icon isn't showing up. It's not hidden, it's not in the Applications folder. It shows up in the Advanced Options App list, but I don't see anything in service books, and in Maps I get "Default Service: None". I've resent service books, un- and re-installed BBmaps. I'm about to call Alltel and tell them to send another Tour, but figured I'd post here to see if anyone had the same issue before I told them to send another one.
    Last edited by maxer64; 08-24-09 at 03:01 PM.
    08-24-09 02:53 PM
    Sounds like you tried all the obvious troubleshooting short of wiping the phone and reloading the OS. And why go to that hassle with a brand new phone?

Worse things than being an EA. Your experience (& posts!) will help us "techno-laggards" figure out if a Tour or whatever hot new device is living up to the hype.
    Last edited by wyodog; 08-26-09 at 12:12 PM.
    08-26-09 12:06 PM
    BTW, did you go for a replacement?
    08-26-09 12:07 PM
    Apparently alltel is having a push issue, and some apps aren't showing up. I was told by phone reps (I ordered over the phone) to go to the store, and told by the store that there would be an update pretty soon.

Other than that though, its a really great phone and would definitely recommend it over the pearl or curve.

I'm sure things will be patched up within a few weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 05:32 PM
    Sad that I'm the one to start this thread, but comes with the early adopter territory I guess. For everyone that's having issues with their Alltel Tour, here's as good a place as any, since we're pretty far and few between in the Tour board.

Looking past the slight and occasional screen ripple when I hit the back or end buttons, I've got a bigger issue.

BBMaps icon isn't showing up. It's not hidden, it's not in the Applications folder. It shows up in the Advanced Options App list, but I don't see anything in service books, and in Maps I get "Default Service: None". I've resent service books, un- and re-installed BBmaps. I'm about to call Alltel and tell them to send another Tour, but figured I'd post here to see if anyone had the same issue before I told them to send another one.

BBMaps is not in the Apps Folder
    It is on the desk Top with its own icon. ( on mine it is right next to the alarm clock )
    08-26-09 11:05 PM
    BBMaps is not in the Apps Folder
    It is on the desk Top with its own icon. ( on mine it is right next to the alarm clock )
    I guess you're lucky.. I wonder if it has to do with you being non-divested? Did you end up getting your prl updated?

08-27-09 10:07 AM
    I guess you're lucky.. I wonder if it has to do with you being non-divested? Did you end up getting your prl updated?

No update yet on the PRL's but I am not roaming anywhere any time soon.
    08-27-09 10:53 AM
    Apparently alltel is having a push issue, and some apps aren't showing up. I was told by phone reps (I ordered over the phone) to go to the store, and told by the store that there would be an update pretty soon.

Other than that though, its a really great phone and would definitely recommend it over the pearl or curve.

I'm sure things will be patched up within a few weeks.

Cool.

Hmm...beginning to jones for a Tour.

I'll be eligible for an upgrade here in a few weeks. But am in a dilemma: I'm in a divested market to be taken over by ATT; contract expires soon, and I don't think even ATT knows what it's going to do with us CDMA stepchildren.

So do I take my chances w/o contract to see what ATT offers, renew & see what ATT does with us orphaned Alltel folk, or grit my teeth & sign away more $ to big red?
    08-27-09 01:09 PM
    Cool.

Hmm...beginning to jones for a Tour.

I'll be eligible for an upgrade here in a few weeks. But am in a dilemma: I'm in a divested market to be taken over by ATT; contract expires soon, and I don't think even ATT knows what it's going to do with us CDMA stepchildren.

So do I take my chances w/o contract to see what ATT offers, renew & see what ATT does with us orphaned Alltel folk, or grit my teeth & sign away more $ to big red?
    I'd definitely upgrade.. you'll have a year with Alltel pricing. Even after ATT takes over, your Alltel contract and phone will continue to work by way of roaming agreements.

Once your Alltel contract expires in a year, you'll have to decide whether you stay or go, but a year with Alltel is definitely cheaper than a year with Verizon.
    08-27-09 01:50 PM
    I'd definitely upgrade.. you'll have a year with Alltel pricing. Even after ATT takes over, your Alltel contract and phone will continue to work by way of roaming agreements.

Once your Alltel contract expires in a year, you'll have to decide whether you stay or go, but a year with Alltel is definitely cheaper than a year with Verizon.
    good point.

As far as I know, in other mergers/buyouts the new owners honor existing contracts as written. Hope ATT does same with us.

So it makes sense to renew. Now I've the reasons to convince my S.O. to re-up with Alltel & get us a couple of subsidized Tours.

Thanks, Maxer!
    08-27-09 03:08 PM
    No problem.. Also, I re-sent my service books today and was happy to find that Maps had been pushed. Happy Touring

08-27-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD