Ok lets say the new curve has picture messeging on it..Does this mean that I'll be able to get the new OS for my 8130? Or will Me and everyone else have to wait for a certain amount of time?
    04-26-08 05:13 AM
    Ok lets say the new curve has picture messeging on it..Does this mean that I'll be able to get the new OS for my 8130? Or will Me and everyone else have to wait for a certain amount of time?
    I've never gotten a straight answer as to whether we will need a new OS for the 8130 in order to enable MMS or whether they'll just need to send a new service book or something similar. Some people claim all we need is a service book. But, either way, you can't load 8330 software on an 8130. They're handset dependent...
    04-26-08 10:00 AM
    You will be able to send pictures and videos but you won't be able to recieve videos for a while. Unknown on the 8130 though....
    04-28-08 04:11 PM
    You will be able to send pictures and videos but you won't be able to recieve videos for a while. Unknown on the 8130 though....
    How do you know this? Could you be more specific and give a link maybe?
    04-28-08 04:27 PM
    How do you know this? Could you be more specific and give a link maybe?
    He/She can't link to the company's internal website. But I, too, can confirm that her/his post is correct from information I have received from someone who played with the phone in an Alltel store today. Pic messages and video messages will send. I wish I could be more specific, but you'll just have to be trusting.
    04-28-08 04:56 PM
    He/She can't link to the company's internal website. But I, too, can confirm that her/his post is correct from information I have received from someone who played with the phone in an Alltel store today. Pic messages and video messages will send. I wish I could be more specific, but you'll just have to be trusting.
    Ok I believe you. But man this is annoying as ****. I paid top dollar for this phone and cant picture messege..Im losing pateince here seriously. I cant believe that alltel is launching the new blackberry(again) without mms being totaly capable....Makes me just want to pay the 200$ cancellation fee and change carriers. Im embarrised that when my friends who have lower grade phones want to send me pictures and I say "although I have a blackberry, Alltel doesnt support mms at this time on Blackberrys"
    04-28-08 05:06 PM
    Ok I believe you. But man this is annoying as ****. I paid top dollar for this phone and cant picture messege..Im losing pateince here seriously. I cant believe that alltel is launching the new blackberry(again) without mms being totaly capable....Makes me just want to pay the 200$ cancellation fee and change carriers. Im embarrised that when my friends who have lower grade phones want to send me pictures and I say "although I have a blackberry, Alltel doesnt support mms at this time on Blackberrys"
    I truly have to believe that the fix for the Pearl will be out within a couple of weeks but I have nothing to offer as proof of that fact. I just know there are a lot of unhappy Pearl users out there and I'm sure Alltel would rather appease them than have to keep making excuses to them.

I do know that the reason Alltel BBs wouldn't do MMS was because of compatability issues between the BB system and Alltel's MMS vendor (Ericsson, I think). The fact that MMS is for the most part enabled for the Curve tells me that they have solved those compatability issues, which in turn should mean that there's no reason the Pearl can't be accomodated now. Just my thoughts, though...
    04-28-08 07:06 PM
    Can't link to the website - don't want to get into any hot water here so I will just post here what I would tell any customer.
    04-29-08 10:59 AM
    Can't link to the website - don't want to get into any hot water here so I will just post here what I would tell any customer.
    That's probably a good thing....never know when 'big brother' might be watching
    04-29-08 03:33 PM
    Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm feeling a little more sketchy about the Curve releasing with MMS. It's eerily quiet out there and I know most stores have received their stock already...
    04-29-08 03:38 PM
    Well, the powers that be would not take too kindly to activating one other than the store's "Live" demo model before the public release just to twiddle with it.
    Last edited by kch50428; 04-29-08 at 04:18 PM. Reason: tweak
    04-29-08 03:51 PM
    true on the big brother statement... even more so since I'm at work...

but as soon as the 1st rolls around and we put one out I'll give it a spin just to double check.
    04-29-08 06:49 PM
    O yea it has mms....trust me on that one.
    04-30-08 01:31 PM
    O yea it has mms....trust me on that one.
    Yep, you're right. It sure does.

It's going to be important for people who have been on an older SmartChoice plan that only had SMS texting as an option to call CS and make sure the newer MMS texting code is on the account. It's free to add, but before Alltel carried a smartphone that could MMS, the plain old unlimited text messaging feature was the only one available.
    04-30-08 04:31 PM
    How much is it going to cost in stores?
    04-30-08 08:55 PM
    Retail is $519.99. It's $409.99 for a one-year contract with no rebate and $329.99 for a two-year contract BEFORE a $100 mail-in rebate (so $229.99 after rebate).
    04-30-08 09:43 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD