http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080421005705&newsLan g=en

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-08 09:43 AM
    OOOO MMMMYYY GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!
    The day I've been waiting for has arrived.

good bye 8830 (want camera)

Hello Curve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-21-08 11:12 AM
    From the Alltel website this morning:

The BlackBerry� Curve™ 8330 is currently available for pre-order. The expected release date on the BlackBerry� Curve™ 8330 is May 1st, 2008. You may order it now and we'll ship it as soon as it arrives.

Now how to rid of the 8830?
    04-22-08 07:27 AM
    Man I wish I would have waited. Does this mean the mms is going to start working on the pearl? I thought I read somewhere that the curve would not come out intill the new software was ready, is this true?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 10:10 AM
    YIPIEEEEEEEEEE!! I Have a 8130 pearl and Ive been told by everyone I talked to "when th new curve launches, mms will be avalible for that and the pearl!" I check this site everyday for this exact information..Thansk alot for the info
    Last edited by batman30; 04-22-08 at 04:36 PM.
    04-22-08 03:39 PM
    So how do I get a Curve since I currently have a Pearl? I got the Pearl in December. I so wanted a Curve then, but the Pearl was the only option. Sell the pearl and pay full price for the Curve?? What other options do I have?
    04-22-08 10:20 PM
    So how do I get a Curve since I currently have a Pearl? I got the Pearl in December. I so wanted a Curve then, but the Pearl was the only option. Sell the pearl and pay full price for the Curve?? What other options do I have?
    You're pretty much stuck paying full price, I'm in the same boat, got my Pearl in Jan. so now I'm stuck debating on whether or not I want to shell out $520 for a Curve. Not to mention buy some accessories
    04-23-08 05:44 AM
    You're pretty much stuck paying full price, I'm in the same boat, got my Pearl in Jan. so now I'm stuck debating on whether or not I want to shell out $520 for a Curve. Not to mention buy some accessories
    I wouldnt trade my pearl for a curve anyways...Not a chance
    04-23-08 11:10 AM
    Delays have always been an issue with the release of Alltel smartphones, but I have it on good authority from a VERY reliable source that the Alltel Curves have are being shipped to stores TODAY for an on-time release date of May 1 in retail stores. That also means the MMS update for the Pearl won't be too far behind....
    Last edited by livspop; 04-24-08 at 08:45 AM.
    04-24-08 08:41 AM
    I just went and talked to a guy at my Alltel store, and he said I could trade in my pearl, so they can refurb it, and they will give me so much money for it.
    Then I could buy the curve as a new member..the 2yr service price.
    Maybe he is letting me do this because I had asked him about the curve before buying the pearl and he said it wasn't due out for another 6 months or so (this was last week!)
    04-24-08 10:02 AM
    Does the Curve have the same ringer volume issue that the 8830 does? I miss so many calls because i can't hear my phone ringing. Other than that, i love my 8830.
    04-24-08 10:06 AM
    Does the Curve have the same ringer volume issue that the 8830 does? I miss so many calls because i can't hear my phone ringing. Other than that, i love my 8830.

Exactly !!!!! I hope that the volume is normal. I thought that I was loosing my hearing when I got my 8830.
    04-24-08 10:57 AM
    I read a post some time ago that mentioned a program where RIM will let you trade in your berry for a new one. Has anyone tried this program?
    04-24-08 10:59 AM
    In regards to the ringer issue, everything I have heard is that the Curve ringer is LOUD - sometimes too loud, in fact. That's a nice problem to have after dealing with the 8830 volume issues.
    04-24-08 11:12 AM
    I had a Curve from AT&T for a while and all the ringtones seemed excessively loud compared to my Pearl. I had to set everything to "low".
    04-24-08 11:17 AM
    Does anyone think the new software version that will hopefully fix mms also take care of the ringer volume issue? I haven't had my 8830 very long (just received 2nd bill) and was thinking about trying to get Alltel to swap when the Curve comes out.
    04-24-08 03:08 PM
    Does anyone think the new software version that will hopefully fix mms also take care of the ringer volume issue? I haven't had my 8830 very long (just received 2nd bill) and was thinking about trying to get Alltel to swap when the Curve comes out.
    I doubt it. It seems like it's not a top priority for RIM or the carriers at this point. I'm not even sure if the MMS feature is being extended to the 8830 or just the Pearl with the upcoming update.
    04-24-08 03:26 PM
    So Alltel is notorious for pushing back release dates... Good news for those of you waiting for a Curve... I was just at Alltel playing with one! They are in stock and ready to be sold on May 1st!

I thought I wanted to sell my Pearl and get a Curve, however, as of about an hour ago, NO WAY! I love my Pearl, but I thought I missed the QWERTY keyboard and the bigger screen. I was wrong! I picked it up to type and I was like umm, how do I type on this, lol! I am so used to SureType that it didn't bother me, and it's so big. I'll keep my baby Pearl

Not knocking the Curve at all, it is sweet, just saying I am happy with my Pearl and didn't realize I was wanting something I didn't really want after all! I think just b/c I couldn't have it I wanted it, LOL!
    04-24-08 06:47 PM
    I'm concerned that the size is going to freak me out, but I really want the QWERTY keyboard and the bigger screen, so we'll see. Plus, I have big hands and the Pearl is a little uncomfortable in my hands so I'm hoping the Curve will be a little better fit. Size-wise it seems like a good compromise between the size of the 8830 and the Pearl. We shall see I guess. I'm keeping the Pearl as a back-up, though, so maybe I can just switch back and forth as the mood requires...
    04-24-08 07:32 PM
    I just got off the phone with 1-800-alltel1 operator...I was complaining(nicely) about my 8130 not being able to picture messege..She was very up to date on that situation and said theres no gurantee that the new "curve" will be launched with the new OS either.."There working on it, I know that" She said . "when the new curve has the new OS then so will your 8130.."I dont know if the curve will launch with it or not, As of now I would say no...But it may change by next week " She said
    04-25-08 11:20 AM
    I just got off the phone with 1-800-alltel1 operator...I was complaining(nicely) about my 8130 not being able to picture messege..She was very up to date on that situation and said theres no gurantee that the new "curve" will be launched with the new OS either.."There working on it, I know that" She said . "when the new curve has the new OS then so will your 8130.."I dont know if the curve will launch with it or not, As of now I would say no...But it may change by next week " She said
    It either has it or doesn't, because the phones have been flashed and shipped. We should start seeing some more specific information about whether the phones have MMS today or tomorrow as the units start arriving at stores and reps start opening up boxes.

I will probably be hearing by Monday whether the phones have MMS or not and I'll post as soon as I know. My gut instinct is that they will have MMS installed, unless they were rushed to a May 1 release in order to beat Sprint and Verizon to the punch. But from what I have heard, May 1 has been the target release date for a couple of months, even when Sprint's was April 20. I'd be sort of surprised if they release the Curve without MMS because they've fielded so many calls from agitated customers about getting MMS for the Pearl. We should know soon...
    04-25-08 12:01 PM
    It's looking good for the May 1st release of the Alltel Curve 8330, Alltel already has the handheld OS available for download!

Software For BlackBerry 8330(TM)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.3.0.199 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.3.0.199
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.3.0.124
    * Software Platform: 3.1.0.71
    * File name: 8330EFS_PBr4.3.0_rel199_PL3.1.0.71_A4.3.0.124_Allt el.exe
    * File size: 97.36MB
    04-25-08 08:48 PM
    It either has it or doesn't, because the phones have been flashed and shipped. We should start seeing some more specific information about whether the phones have MMS today or tomorrow as the units start arriving at stores and reps start opening up boxes.

I will probably be hearing by Monday whether the phones have MMS or not and I'll post as soon as I know. My gut instinct is that they will have MMS installed, unless they were rushed to a May 1 release in order to beat Sprint and Verizon to the punch. But from what I have heard, May 1 has been the target release date for a couple of months, even when Sprint's was April 20. I'd be sort of surprised if they release the Curve without MMS because they've fielded so many calls from agitated customers about getting MMS for the Pearl. We should know soon...
    Alltel

BlackBerry� Curve™ 8330 Product Features

Top Cell Phone Features
    Camera Yes
    Speakerphone Yes
    Bluetooth� Yes
    Downloadable Tones & Applications Yes
    Text Messaging Capable Yes
    Voice-Activated Dialing Yes
    MP3 Player Yes
    Video Capable Yes
    Celltop No
    Expandable Memory Slot MicroSD

Cell Phone Style
    Flip No
    Bar Yes
    Slider No
    Wireless Internet Card No
    QWERTY - Keyboard Yes
    Multiple Colors Available No

Specifications
    Touch2Talk No
    Dimensions (H x W x D) 4.2 x 2.4 x 0.6 in
    Weight 4.0 oz
    External Volume Control Yes
    Hearing Aid Compliance M4/T4
    Language Options English, Spanish
    Vibrating Alert Yes

Camera & Video
    Camera Resolution 2.0 Megapixel
    Camera Flash Yes
    Video Yes

Personalization & Fun
    Downloadable Tones and Applications Yes
    Phone Color Titanium
    Snap-on Faceplates or Covers No

Multimedia Messaging
    Text Messaging Yes
    Picture Messaging Yes
    Video Messaging No
    Instant Messaging Yes

Organization & Tools
    Alarm Clock Yes
    Calculator Yes
    Calendar Yes
    Phone Book Capacity 9999

Connectivity
    IR Port No
    BREW-Enabled No
    Java-Enabled Yes

Battery Specifications
    Type of Battery Lithium Ion battery
    Talk Time Up to 260 mins
    Standby Time Up to 264 hrs

Network Technology
    Technology 1XRTT/EVDO
    Mode Dual Mode
    04-25-08 08:57 PM
    Alltel

BlackBerry� Curve� 8330 Product Features

Top Cell Phone Features
    Camera Yes
    Speakerphone Yes
    Bluetooth� Yes
    Downloadable Tones & Applications Yes
    Text Messaging Capable Yes
    Voice-Activated Dialing Yes
    MP3 Player Yes
    Video Capable Yes
    Celltop No
    Expandable Memory Slot MicroSD

Cell Phone Style
    Flip No
    Bar Yes
    Slider No
    Wireless Internet Card No
    QWERTY - Keyboard Yes
    Multiple Colors Available No

Specifications
    Touch2Talk No
    Dimensions (H x W x D) 4.2 x 2.4 x 0.6 in
    Weight 4.0 oz
    External Volume Control Yes
    Hearing Aid Compliance M4/T4
    Language Options English, Spanish
    Vibrating Alert Yes

Camera & Video
    Camera Resolution 2.0 Megapixel
    Camera Flash Yes
    Video Yes

Personalization & Fun
    Downloadable Tones and Applications Yes
    Phone Color Titanium
    Snap-on Faceplates or Covers No

Multimedia Messaging
    Text Messaging Yes
    Picture Messaging Yes
    Video Messaging No
    Instant Messaging Yes

Organization & Tools
    Alarm Clock Yes
    Calculator Yes
    Calendar Yes
    Phone Book Capacity 9999

Connectivity
    IR Port No
    BREW-Enabled No
    Java-Enabled Yes

Battery Specifications
    Type of Battery Lithium Ion battery
    Talk Time Up to 260 mins
    Standby Time Up to 264 hrs

Network Technology
    Technology 1XRTT/EVDO
    Mode Dual Mode
    Go check out what it says for the Pearl. Picture Messaging = Yes. We all know that's not true. That's why I said we will need to see what happens when the reps start opening boxes....
    04-25-08 09:42 PM
    Ok Alright
    04-25-08 09:57 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD