If it is so easy to unlock this blackberry and use it on other networks, already done in less than a week, then why is it that nobody has figured out how to use iphone on other networks?
    11-25-08 06:26 PM
    Iphone is not as simple as entering a code like BB. 1st Gen Iphone required that you solder to get this accomplished. A coworker has done just that and runs 1st Gen on T-Mo.
    11-25-08 06:29 PM
    Wow wonder why there is such a difference... Seems to me like Verizon way overpaid to be the exclusive carrier of Storm if it can be unlocked with no problems whatsoever
    11-25-08 06:34 PM
    federal regualation requires that cell phones with gsm capablities are allowed to be unlocked. most compainies require 90 days active service before they will unlock a phone. VZW being a CDMA carrier probally has no experience with GSM therefore are giving these unlock codes out like candy.
    11-25-08 06:37 PM
    federal regualation requires that cell phones with gsm capablities are allowed to be unlocked. most compainies require 90 days active service before they will unlock a phone. VZW being a CDMA carrier probally has no experience with GSM therefore are giving these unlock codes out like candy.
    Personally I like that they are doing it. Many of us travel in other countries and instead of having to pay the higher price I like to use local cards. Also there are places here in the U S of A that do not have Verizon service or data and I like to use mu other sims for it. It keeps me a Verizon customer.
    11-25-08 06:40 PM
    If it is so easy to unlock this blackberry and use it on other networks, already done in less than a week, then why is it that nobody has figured out how to use iphone on other networks?
    what other CDMA networks would we use? Sprint???? The Storm's European based bands cripple the phone in the us.
    11-25-08 06:40 PM
    what other CDMA networks would we use? Sprint???? The Storm's European based bands cripple the phone in the us.
    and when the world goes to LTE off of those EU bands to create more of a global network, you'll be glad it was there. Then we all can sit back and watch sprint and att struggle with wimax and hspda
    11-25-08 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD