As of 8:18 am CST 12/18/09:

Blackberry E-mail is still down for AT&T in Louisiana. According to their customer service rep, it is also down in Alaska, Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee, Georgia and Connecticut.

I got this from my conversation with the customer service representative.
    12-18-09 08:28 AM
    BIS is working in Texas, at least in Dallas since 5 minutes ago CTL Time !
    12-18-09 08:39 AM
    I picked a heck of a week to get my first Blackberry. I'm completely lost in all of this. Should I be doing something other than just staring at my phone and praying for it to work right? There's talk of sending books and people everywhere else getting their emails again. I got a small spurt of emails yesterday, but nothing now for almost 18 hours. Is it just something I need to wait out? Help the newbie!
    12-18-09 08:54 AM
    I picked a heck of a week to get my first Blackberry. I'm completely lost in all of this. Should I be doing something other than just staring at my phone and praying for it to work right? There's talk of sending books and people everywhere else getting their emails again. I got a small spurt of emails yesterday, but nothing now for almost 18 hours. Is it just something I need to wait out? Help the newbie!
    on your BB, check under Settings>email settings..should take you to your BIS log in...log in and click BB menu>service books> send service books..

You should get one message for each account configured on your BB..if you don't, call CS....BIS is back up for VZW last I checked....
    12-18-09 09:02 AM
    Looks like things are back here in the Phila area on VZ, I'm getting flooded with email.
    12-18-09 09:09 AM
    Hello all! not sure if this was posted yet but I just saw this on CNN.com

(CNN) -- Users of BlackBerry phones in North America reported widespread interruptions in sending and receiving e-mail Thursday.

Research in Motion Ltd., maker of the devices popular with business workers, released a statement apologizing for the problems. RIM did not give specifics on how they occurred or how many users were affected.

"BlackBerry customers in North America may be currently experiencing delays receiving email. Our technical teams are working to resolve this issue for those impacted," the statement said.

"Phone services, browsing and PIN-to-PIN messaging are not impacted. We apologize for any inconvenience." Phone service and Web browsing are not affected, RIM said.

Shortly before 2 p.m. ET, RIM released a follow-up statement that said the company had isolated and resolved the problem: "Some customers may still experience delays as email queues are processed. RIM is continuing to investigate the cause of the issue."

RIM said it had about 32 million global BlackBerry subscribers as of the end of August.

BlackBerry phones run on multiple wireless carriers, including AT&T, Sprint Nextel and Verizon.

Chrystal Davis, a spokeswoman for Sprint Nextel Corp., said outages started about 3 a.m. ET. She said RIM was doing some maintenance work on some of their services when the problem occurred.

Davis said that only Sprint's general customers have been affected, not enterprise or business clients. She did not know how many customers did not have service Thursday afternoon but said RIM was "aggressively working to solve the issue."

The Web was abuzz with complaints about the outages, with the topic trending on Twitter and occupying four of the top 10 search topics on Google.
    12-18-09 09:14 AM
    Wow... Just resent my service books and my phone blew up... Crazy backlog of incoming emails! Verizon in Ohio BIS seems to be good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 09:24 AM
    Woke up this morning with all of my 42 emails from yesterday. Its been working all morning so I guess I'm good to go here in Miami
    12-18-09 09:37 AM
    on your BB, check under Settings>email settings..should take you to your BIS log in...log in and click BB menu>service books> send service books..

You should get one message for each account configured on your BB..if you don't, call CS....BIS is back up for VZW last I checked....
    Not sure which step worked but I did the following and service was restored.

1) Hard Boot - remove battery cover for 60 seconds.
    2) Follow above step and send service books.

Service is longer down in Tennessee.
    12-18-09 09:42 AM
    is there another outage today on VZ?
    12-18-09 09:51 AM
    I've been fine all day. After they seemed to fix it up yesterday I haven't seen any problems.
    12-18-09 10:40 AM
    A call to vzw finally got things going. Should've done that ages ago. Thanks for the advice.
    12-18-09 10:46 AM
    Anyone still having issues with there online BIS account? Like to add and update e-mail configuration. It just keeps telling my user name or password is invalid, both on my computer and on my blackberry. Thoughts?
    12-18-09 11:02 AM
    Anyone still having issues with there online BIS account? Like to add and update e-mail configuration. It just keeps telling my user name or password is invalid, both on my computer and on my blackberry. Thoughts?
    It would be rather random, but have you tried creating a new user account by entering your PIN/IMEI? I suppose it's theoretically possible that your BIS login information was wiped if RIM had to initiate any sort of data restore after they backed out their maintenance patch yesterday. Since RIM is totally opaque regarding root causes, means an methods to resolve, systems affected, etc, we may never know what their response team did in order to get the BIS-E system back online.

If recreating your account doesn't work, I'd just call AT&T ccare. They should be equipped to look at your BIS account and reset it for you. Hope that all helps...
    12-18-09 11:09 AM
    Just a small FYI for some of you users that still have issues getting email. Log into the BIS portal or run EMail Setup from your handset and even though your accounts show as validated, still edit each one and retype your passwords. I had a few users yesterday that this was the only fix for.
    12-18-09 11:13 AM
    well i am getting email and all other services but it is very slow going and having a hard time staying on 1xEV with verizon in mi
    12-18-09 11:37 AM
    Well, when I woke up this morning, two of my three e-mail accounts had come to life again and all of my backed-up e-mails had arrived. The third e-mail account, however, was still DOA.

So, I took the advice of other posters and re-sent my e-mail account service books and that did the trick -- the third account immediately barfed up its backup of messages. YMMV.
    12-18-09 11:47 AM
    Tmobile, Western MA...my Yahoo email account kicked in and I'm receiving emails now. Facebook notifications are also coming in (they're being sent to Yahoo account). YEAY! 12:55 P.M.
    12-18-09 11:55 AM
    Just got off with a western region tech for AT&T and the BIS system is still have some issues. He said that right when they got everything back up it went down again. It could be another 24 hours to be back at 100%. What a week to get my first BlackBerry! RIM is doing well financially, they should put some money into the system.
    12-18-09 11:57 AM
    I'm on Sprint in PA and last night I still was not getting gmail emails. I know that most users did not have to re-send service books, but I logged into my BIS account and did the Send Service Books thing. Within on minute I got 5 emails in my gmail box.
    12-18-09 01:02 PM
    Just a small FYI for some of you users that still have issues getting email. Log into the BIS portal or run EMail Setup from your handset and even though your accounts show as validated, still edit each one and retype your passwords. I had a few users yesterday that this was the only fix for.
    totally fixed mine! im on t-mobile. email was completely gone yesterday, and most of today until i did that. thanks!
    12-18-09 01:47 PM
    Rogers Update: on 8900
    Back up and running this morning at 9:00am EST
    12-18-09 02:52 PM
    I did get all my emails this morning. Now all day they have been coming through again along new email from the day. Anyone have any ideas. Have resent service books and reset my passwords in BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 03:12 PM
    I have finally resolved my issues in the DC area with the help of ATT online tech support chat. Basically, they resent service books, had me delete email accounts from the device, then recreate the accounts using BIS. After a flood of emails over the course of an hour or so, I was back up to 100% this morning at 9EST.
    12-18-09 03:34 PM
    Mostly I'm receiving mails today (not Facebook notifications for whatever reason, and at odd intervals in groups instead of as they come, it seems) but I never did get all the emails from yesterday although I resent my service book just to see if it would open up the back mails. Maybe because I had deleted them through my netmail interface they were no longer available to resend.
    12-18-09 04:34 PM
1,077 ... 4041424344
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD