Not to be rude but... you typed that post from your computer. Can you check your mail there, too?

Not rude at all....Yes, I can but I can't be tied to my computer.
    12-17-09 07:31 PM
    Tmobile, Western Mass, 8:32 P.M...not a goddamned email yet...I'm kinda frustrated with RIM people...couldn't they have had planned backup servers for this type of occassion....somebody's head should roll and some serious technical planning for future outages should occur...
    12-17-09 07:32 PM
    Not to be rude but... you typed that post from your computer. Can you check your mail there, too?
    not the point, because of this ive had to sit at my computer and refresh my gmail every 15min or so, just a PITA, as the whole day because of the nature of what i do i had to be tied to a computer

i am able to send emails but not receive them still
    12-17-09 07:33 PM
    Stow, Ohio here. Nothing....still down. Time 8:40 PM EST.
    12-17-09 07:40 PM
    Still down in Philly, Pa - AT&T
    12-17-09 07:47 PM
    Still nada in East Texas... Tyler... Vzn

7:50pm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 07:51 PM
    Nada in Chicago, IL @ 7:56PM CDT -- Jason on VZ
    12-17-09 07:56 PM
    Nada in Chicago, IL @ 7:56PM CDT -- Jason on VZ
    Jason,

I'm in Lombard. My husband's email started coming in around 3:30 this afternoon. Mine still wasn't coming in a couple of hours later, so I went into email setup on my BB and re-sent the service books (did it for each of my email accounts listed there). Seconds later all my email flooded in. Also try pulling the battery if that doesn't fix it for you. Although T-Mobile warned that resolutions are erratic and one person may be getting their email and the person next to him might not and that is not unusual with BB outages supposedly.
    12-17-09 08:01 PM
    I can't get onto my gmail from my work computer, and unfortunately I happen to use my blackberry's email for my side business.....

This is why I pay good money for MOBILE Email on the go with instant alerts when my email comes through
    12-17-09 08:07 PM
    I can't even connect to the blackberry server, no bis at all
    12-17-09 08:11 PM
    Rogers/Toronto - I'm up (Bold 3G) but my wife's Curve 8310 (2G) is still down. Does that make sense?
    12-17-09 08:16 PM
    still down in NYC area.. Jeez..
    12-17-09 08:23 PM
    Just resent service books - again - thinking it was of course a useless gesture.

But low and behold, the backlog of email got delivered.

Verizon in Phoenix area.
    12-17-09 08:28 PM
    uurrrrrgggg I still have no service....
    12-17-09 08:30 PM
    I'm in Western Washington and I have yet to receive any email via my handheld :-( Does anyone else think that the new BBM "official" release may have something to do with this outage?

Sucks! IMO they should have left well enough alone.

12-17-09 08:30 PM
    Toronto, Canada

Been out since around 1/2am last night... got a flood of emails at noon today, worked for 40 minutes and nada since. I tried sending service books, but no luck (a predetermined exercise in futility no doubt).

Pretty ridiculous!!
    12-17-09 08:37 PM
    Still out in San Francisco. Got about 3 emails @ 1:30 but it's been dead since then.
    12-17-09 08:39 PM
    Mine came back around 4 PM and then went down again. Haven't gotten any messages for about 3 hours, even though 20+ should be there. Just confirmed with AT&T support that RIM is still experiencing the problem, athough it's less widespread than before.
    12-17-09 08:43 PM
    it was back just before i returned my 9700
    12-17-09 08:55 PM
    Still nothing. This is totally ridicilous.

12-17-09 09:00 PM
    If you are still waiting for service to start back up go to the BIS website. Click on help then click on send service books and you will most likely be good to go.

12-17-09 09:05 PM
    I'd still be waiting too if I hadn't re-sent my service books. So make sure you do that to see if you're really still down.

I'm a BB newbie and had no idea of all the hassles of BB ownership. I love the phone, but I'm having major issues all over the place I have a 9700 that drops virtually every call unless I turn both the 3G and WiFi off -- which was a big reason to get that phone. Ug. You'd think BB would have this stuff figured out by now. And why can't there be a BB Status page with announcements about outages, etc? Do they think that would make them look bad? Customers over an entire continent fumbling around for hours trying to figure out why their phone isn't working is what makes them look bad. I should get an email as soon as BB figures out there is a problem to let me know of potential issues and then get updates thereafter. IMHO anyway.
    12-17-09 09:06 PM
    I've resent the service books and I'm not a newbie. I haven't even received the emails from the service books that confirm activation. This blows.
    12-17-09 09:09 PM
    For those of you who haven't tried re-sending your service books, you can do it right from your phone. Go into your Options/Settings and click on the icon where you originally set up the email account in the first place. Your email addresses will be listed there. Click on each one and/or click the Menu key and hit "Service Books." Do it for each address you have. You can take it from there.
    12-17-09 09:09 PM
    I've resent the service books and I'm not a newbie. I haven't even received the emails from the service books that confirm activation. This blows.
    Chellygirl,

I did it this morning and never got the email back either. My husband never did it and his email came back on its own. I waited for 2 hours after his came back and then re-sent the service books again to my phone and the email came right through. So keep sending the service books even though you already did it before. One of these times it'll probably work.
    12-17-09 09:13 PM
1,077 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD