I tried using Logicmail as an alternitive and it works fine for my gmail account. But wont work for my sbcglobal account. (att.yahoo) Any thoughts as to why it would work for one and not the other?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 05:07 PM
    T-mo in Cincinnati. Mine is up and running. Instant notifications on all emails.

Won't hod my breath though as it might simply be temporary. PIN, SMS, MMS and BBM all work fine so all is good. If I need email I'll just log onto the computer. Simple as that.
    12-17-09 05:13 PM
    I'm receiving instant e-mail notification in South Jersey. AT&T is my carrier.
    12-17-09 05:15 PM
    T-mo in houston...still no luck.
    12-17-09 05:15 PM
    I received about 6 emails at 11:30am in Central Florida and nothing since via VSW
    12-17-09 05:16 PM
    Verizon in Tampa Bay, Florida. Still having issues. No notifications. I can send emails, but no FB updates, no other notifications coming thru.
    12-17-09 05:18 PM
    still nothing on Curve 8330 on Verizon Wireless in Northern, NJ. Not even @vzw.blackberry.net emails....this really needs to be fixed ASAP!
    12-17-09 05:19 PM
    i'm in VA and my BB 9000 on AT&T been up and running fine since the outage earlier this morning... came back on around noon EST and I got flooded with about 100 messages at once... nTelos 8330 still out partially...
    12-17-09 05:23 PM
    Haven't gotten any emails since a flood of them @ 1 pm. Resent service books and did battery pull no luck. ATL- VZW.

12-17-09 05:29 PM
    East Idaho here... Verizon Wireless BB Tour... FINALLY working.
    I got about 3 groups of 5+ emails and now they are coming in instantly again.
    Let's hope this keeps up.. it seems like this is starting to be fixed.
    12-17-09 05:30 PM
    One email at around 2pm. None since then.
    6:35pm VZW Upstate NY
    :<
    12-17-09 05:35 PM
    This morning I jumped through all the hoops trying to get my email back. I pulled the battery, re-registered, and re-sent the service books. Nothing worked. No email all day.

So just now I sent the service books again for both of my emails and within seconds of all of my emails flooded in from both Yahoo and Gmail. You might give it a try.

I'm in Chicago, by the way. I re-sent the service books from the email setup on my phone rather than doing it on T-Mobile's site. I don't know that it matters.

12-17-09 05:36 PM
    WOW my blackberry woke up! EVERYTHING just came back. Wonderful. Only 15 hours later.
    12-17-09 05:37 PM
    Nothing from work email in Central IL. Gmail came up around 5:00pm Central time. Should I try to set up my work email again?
    12-17-09 05:41 PM
    12-17-09 05:44 PM
    I'm on Verizon in central New Jersey and haven't had any email or SMS all day.
    12-17-09 05:46 PM
    Nothing from work email in Central IL. Gmail came up around 5:00pm Central time. Should I try to set up my work email again?
    I would just wait. There is a major backlog. RIM said the queue can take several hours to process.
    12-17-09 05:46 PM
    I would just wait. There is a major backlog. RIM said the queue can take several hours to process.
    And don't send "test" emails!! They just further clog things up. TYVM
    12-17-09 05:48 PM
    This must just be a 3G problem? I'm in an EDGE only area and haven't had a single problem with any emails or messages all day. Been on BBM and everything.
    12-17-09 05:49 PM
    Spetnik - thanks for starting this thread earlier today and updating!
    12-17-09 05:49 PM
    Spetnik - thanks for starting this thread earlier today and updating!
    Hey - my pleasure. Although I do think this is a good reason for more businesses to think about BES. With hosted solutions available, there really is no excuse.
    Last edited by Spetnik; 12-17-09 at 05:51 PM. Reason: typo
    12-17-09 05:51 PM
    They just started coming through for me in Calgary on Rogers, but it is slow going....
    12-17-09 05:53 PM
    This must just be a 3G problem? I'm in an EDGE only area and haven't had a single problem with any emails or messages all day. Been on BBM and everything.
    Nope. I've got an 8900, EDGE only, and haven't gotten a damn thing all day.
    12-17-09 05:57 PM
    Hey - my pleasure. Although I do think this is a good reason for more businesses to think about BES. With hosted solutions available, there really is no excuse.
    Amen! I couldn't have said it better myself. In fact, I'd just posted a very similar comment in another outage thread on CB before I read your comment.

Rackspace, Intermedia, etc are happy to support your BES and ActiveSync needs at reasonable prices. If you're relying on BIS-E to run your business you're setting yourself up for problems. Consider shelling out a few extra bucks, it's well worth it.
    12-17-09 06:02 PM
    I seem to have no issues with web browsing or PIN messages. It seems that the issue is mainly BIS email. All of my email accounts are currently Gmail/Google Apps accounts. I will try a non-Google account and see if it is any better.
    i have sprint and my email addresses are all POP accounts from my own domain, and i haven't received emails all day. i don't think it matters if it's google or any other email, just email in general.

i thought it was me but my internet/browser is working just fine, and get this—i was able to send an email as a test, and i received it at home on my computer, but apparently i cannot receive emails.

oh well. i'm sure it's not permanent; just an inconvenience.

as far as i know, my last email was 6 a.m. this morning. i'm in colorado.
    Last edited by onegirlcreative; 12-17-09 at 06:07 PM.
    12-17-09 06:04 PM
1,077 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD