Ontario, Canada TELUS
    12-17-09 09:24 AM
    My company uses Sprint, Verizon, Nextel, and At&t all over the Southern states. All are down.
    12-17-09 09:27 AM
    Out in Jersey. Haven't rec'd an email since last night. Text still works though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 09:28 AM
    This is my first BB, are these oiutages common?

My 30 days are up tomorrow and I really like my 9700 and want to keep it but the E-Mail part is of high importance to me.

PS: I am in Wisconsin, everything works except my E-Mails, gmail and roadrunner.
    12-17-09 09:28 AM
    IM SO FREAKIN SICK OF THIS!! I have now come to expect a monthly BIS outage. I cannot wait to move to the Droid(anything away from BB, which can only be 1 other thing, any android device). easily brickable OS + constant e-mail outages == an unhappy customer, especially when you're paying the rates that Verizon charges.

My 30 days are up tomorrow and I really like my 9700 and want to keep it but the E-Mail part is of high importance to me.
    yes, it's seems to be nowadays. i've only had my bb for a few months now too. 3rd of 4th time for me.
    12-17-09 09:29 AM
    T-Mo BIS down in San Francisco. Good morning from the Bay Area!
    My last email came this morning at 5:10 AM (PST) AT&T
    Verizon user here in NYC. I haven't gotten any e-mails since about 3:00am, but I can use the browser, BeeJive, BB messenger, and have gotten SMS texts. What is up with RIM this year, seems every month they have an outage now. I hate to say it but is it time to switch to iphone????
    12-17-09 09:30 AM
    No emails in or out in Houston on AT&T. SMS/MMS/BBM work fine though...
    12-17-09 09:30 AM
    BB email services are out in the NYC and Westchester County areas. Can not receive or send email...... Using Verizon as the carrier.
    12-17-09 09:32 AM

If you want reliable email 24/7, BB is not the way to go. My next device will a different brand.

BIS still down... i need my emails....
    Thank you - this is just what I came out here for. I've received no email on the Sprint system since 1:58am. So glad to know it's not just me.
    Same here in NC...no email since last night.
    12-17-09 09:33 AM
    Don't know if this is relevant, but this e-mail came from my son's school, might be a coincidence but...

"Verizon is currently experiencing difficulties connecting incoming calls to A**** M**** High School. The problem appears to be within Verizon itself as phone calls from other networks (AT&T, etc.) are reaching the school. They are working on the issue and should have it resolved today. In the meantime, if you need to reach the school please keep trying to call or use a phone which uses a carrier outside of Verizon."

Forgot to mention, on my phone I have gmail, yahoo, hotmail, and work e-mail accounts and so far none are working Not looking forward to the sudden influx of e-mails later...
    12-17-09 09:35 AM
    BIS not working in Houston, TX
    12-17-09 09:36 AM

PS: I am in Wisconsin, everything works except my E-Mails, gmail and roadrunner.
    This is the first time I get an outage in about a year..... So for my experience I would say no it's not that common. I really need my emails too it sucks that i have to be going to check my laptop all day lol....but I hope it will be back soon
    12-17-09 09:37 AM
    Still out here in TN.

I can use BBM and web. It's just BIS emails.

I thought something was up so I tried to push the service books again and I still haven't received them after about 1 hr.

I guess no emails for today!
    12-17-09 09:37 AM
    Good morning from Palm Springs, CA -- same here: no email siince last night.
    12-17-09 09:38 AM
    Verizon in Chico, California. No email received since 1155 pm PDT last night. Looks like I can send okay.

12-17-09 09:39 AM

I've experienced maybe 3 outages since April 09, none of which have lasted more than an hour or so. That's a better track record than Comcast, which has been responsible for internet outages lasting days, so I can't complain.

Gmail via web is working fine for me, as is all other web stuff. Just the mail appears to be affected, at least in north-east FL.
    Last edited by Muddville; 12-17-09 at 09:42 AM. Reason: typo again
    12-17-09 09:40 AM

These type of outages have been way too much this year but in all honesty, it's very solid. I've been a BlackBerry user for over 6 years and have never experienced these many outages.

More and more consumers are becoming BlackBerry users but that shouldn't excuse RIM from having such outages. They should be ahead of the curve at all times but I'm guessing a software upgrade may have gone wrong...again. Hang in there, I'm sure it'll be back up soon.

What mail service do you use? If Google, you can download their Gmail app for the time being and use the browser to access Yahoo and Hotmail/Live email accounts. Or if none of those options are good enough, you always have other platforms/phones to try out on AT&T/T-Mobile or any other network.
    12-17-09 09:40 AM
    reliable source says it should be back within an hour!
    12-17-09 09:41 AM
    Verizon & Sprint NYC area is down also
    12-17-09 09:42 AM
    i wish they would have sent out a mass text to all subscribers...i spent way too much time with service books and host routing updating and email tests.
    12-17-09 09:42 AM
1,077 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD