Still no Service books for browser after updating OS during BB outage, related, or contact VZW in the AM?
    im in the same boat.
    12-23-09 04:10 AM
    Verizon in Eastern NC is good. Now back to slepp!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 04:16 AM
    Ok, thanks! dictoresno
    12-23-09 04:20 AM
    Everything seems to be good, but the wifi icon is greyed out for some reason... Ah well, no worries
    12-23-09 04:25 AM
    everything seems ok, save for the fact that i cannot log into my BIS acct. either on my curve or my laptop..therefore, no resending service books, etc..wtf?
    12-23-09 04:28 AM
    my emails appear to be working, i can send emails between my BB linked accounts. like i said before though, im missing service books and it says im not connected to BIS so i dunno how im getting emails then.
    12-23-09 04:34 AM
    my emails appear to be working, i can send emails between my BB linked accounts. like i said before though, im missing service books and it says im not connected to BIS so i dunno how im getting emails then.
    same. odd, maybe a conspiracy? lol
    12-23-09 04:35 AM
    it seems like its just us east coast people that are still in between service/no service.
    12-23-09 04:38 AM
    My BIS has been fine all day!
    Twin Cities, Minnesota here!
    12-23-09 04:40 AM
    My BIS has been fine all day!
    Twin Cities, Minnesota here!
    how much is skynet charging for their BIS these days anyways.
    12-23-09 04:47 AM
    my BBMs are going through now. im on ATT and i just received messages from people on sprint and verizon. emails are going through now too.
    12-23-09 04:49 AM
    how much is skynet charging for their BIS these days anyways.
    $10 but always reliable service!
    12-23-09 04:49 AM
    How is any of this location-related within the US? Why should it make a difference whether you are on the East Coast or West Coast. Your wireless carrier is still connecting to the same RIM servers, regardless, no?

I understand if it is a carrier problem, then it could be geographical. But here, as long as the carrier's internet is fine why should it make a difference where you are located? I often roam internationally. I am still only affected by North American outages, not international outages, no matter where I am.
    12-23-09 04:50 AM
    How is any of this location-related within the US? Why should it make a difference whether you are on the East Coast or West Coast. Your wireless carrier is still connecting to the same RIM servers, regardless, no?

I understand if it is a carrier problem, then it could be geographical. But here, as long as the carrier's internet is fine why should it make a difference where you are located? I often roam internationally. I am still only affected by North American outages, not international outages, no matter where I am.
    it could be a carrier problem with re-establishing service IMO.
    12-23-09 04:53 AM
    browser works and so does fb and twtiiter

savannah ga on AT&T
    12-23-09 04:54 AM
    it could be a carrier problem with re-establishing service IMO.
    Yeah, but when it is established that it is a Blackberry issue, that should pretty much preclude anything else.

If you follow these outage threads, you will see how nonsensical it is. You see one guy post "Back up on the west coast!" and then someone posts "NY is still down". Five minutes later you'll see "Still no service in San Jose" and "been up all day in Manhattan". There is never any consistency to the geographical reports.

What we do see is that outages are generally restored gradually. In the last outage, RIM gave the explanation that the queues of data built up over the outage had to be cleared, and they probably restored it to blocks of devices at a time, regardless of location or carrier. To my understanding, RIM identifies devices by PIN, not by carrier or location. This location stuff is pretty irrelevant when dealing with a RIM outage.
    12-23-09 04:58 AM
    Is there anything I can do to "enable the browser on your device"? My storm says I have to contact my service provider to do this. Unfortunately, I decided to upgrade my OS to 5.0 while the service was down and now I still do not have any internet access. THX
    12-23-09 04:59 AM
    LOL no matter how man reboots i do, HRT registrations pretty much anything......i cant get anything to work. well except for the occasional email. even though im "not" connected to BIS according to the phone. and its hard to trouble shoot since i was in the middle of a device switch when this all went down. however, i was able to register it on the BIS site successfully before it went down earlier.
    12-23-09 05:00 AM
    5:03 AM Central, Full Service working in Nashville..... VZW

I repeat all is working here both me and wife.....
    12-23-09 05:05 AM
    First time poster - just posting to REJOICE - I've been lost without BBM!!

Happy holidays everyone - these outages are becomming increasingly hard to deal with - this one was a LONG one!

Take care! - Jeff
    i did a reboot. BBM is back. working while talking to my coworker in the room next door. browser is still a no go.
    Its working 100% here in NC now to has been since before 430 am wed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 05:14 AM
    i did a reboot. BBM is back. working while talking to my coworker in the room next door. browser is still a no go.
    It seems that my browser is the only thing (that I know of) that is still down. <10 seconds to send to send email from storm to yahoo and receive back to storm. YouTube works although the progress bar/slider does not move with the duration of the video. Strange!
    12-23-09 05:14 AM
    Batt pull everything working as of 3am eastern Had probs recovering contacts through email but not anymore
    12-23-09 05:15 AM
    my phones still f'd. just received a replacement for my defective 8900. i'm not getting any services pushed to my phone. msn, yahoo, google messenger icon are not there, i have the old version of BBM and the update icon is no where to be found, email settings icon is missing... updated phone to .315, downgraded to .250, updated to .315 again nothing works lol.

Network: Rogers
    Time: 3:25am and still fubbered
    12-23-09 05:24 AM
1,384 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD