01-06-10 09:21 AM
1,384 ... 4243444546 ...
tools
    oh and why is it that nothing works on my phone except Pandora??? why does Pandora work? wtf? :/ so confused.
    Once installed, Pandora only uses "Direct TCP" to talk to its servers and stream audio, either through the carrier or via Wi-Fi. This completely bypasses RIM infrastructure and therefore is unaffected by the RIM outage. RIM actually wanted it this way - you could imagine the extra load on their systems if every streaming audio and video app streamed through their servers!
    12-23-09 12:37 AM
    Wow. Just realized I have a wife. Let all go make love and check back in in two minutes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I just died laughing LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    12-23-09 12:38 AM
    Since I just started a contract with T-Mobile, I can't do that. But I might go with their MyTouch if it's not bad. I just don't have the money to buy one right now. And I just got my Blackberry!
    i doubt i would actuuually do it... ugh! lol... damn addiction!!
    12-23-09 12:38 AM
    Just curious... is anyone going to attempt to get some sort of refund on on this outage? I have verizon, which they force you to pay 30 bucks a month for bb service... and further confuses me to why i am paying my wireless carrier for the bb service and its not verizons fault?!?!?
    12-23-09 12:39 AM
    Oh Geez...You betcha. Still no word from "Research in Motion". Where is the press release?
    12-23-09 12:39 AM
    I turned off the carrier network and flipped on WiFi - I'm connected, but when I did an IP check, I'm connected locally, aka my IP shows up as my home internet IP, normally when BIS is running it even re-directs all WiFi traffic via BIS, so my IP still shows up as RIM. So WiFi works, for basic data, no BlackBerry services. WiFi icon isn't fully illuminated. No BBM, no PIN, no life!
    12-23-09 12:40 AM
    i doubt i would actuuually do it... ugh! lol... damn addiction!!
    I know what you mean. I just got mine and I love everything about them. Except these problems. I just got it about a month ago and now all of this. Not a good first impression. I hope it gets better or I will jump off the Blackberry bandwagon.
    12-23-09 12:41 AM
    I am for sure calling verizon tomorrow to request some sort of refund.
    That's fine and dandy they are resetting the network but can anyone explain to me. why I am able to be out here and posting with my tour using opera? Make zero sense to me what so ever.

Sprint / Chicago - no data whatsoever. wtf RIM. get your act together. i'm surprised Apple hasn't come out with an ad about all the outages RIM suffers.
    I know what you mean. I just got mine and I love everything about them. Except these problems. I just got it about a month ago and now all of this. Not a good first impression. I hope it gets better or I will jump off the Blackberry bandwagon.
    do you use it for work?
    12-23-09 12:44 AM
    my weathereye icon is working or atleast changing as the temp does??? that pandora setup is pretty sweet i just wish my other apps worked the same way
    12-23-09 12:44 AM
    Hey one good thing (at least for me) about no service is that I graduated from a crackberry mewbie to a crackberry user. Way to go for me. HaHaHa!
    12-23-09 12:45 AM
    This is nuts. I get rid of my sidekick because it was losing service all the time for days at a time sometimes, now i get my bb and its the same problem??? when will it end?? Best advice is to just go to sleep and hope the problem works itself out in the morning. gn cb
    12-23-09 12:45 AM
    do you use it for work?
    No, thankfully. But I'm not fond of paying all that extra money for BIS that keeps going out.
    12-23-09 12:47 AM
    I'm finally off work. On my way home. I'll catch up with the BB drama when I get home. Hope this S$%* is fixed by tomorrow
    12-23-09 12:48 AM
    And people always ask: "can you get a BB without a data plan?

Well, this is what they want... ugh
    LOL!

Luckily i don't depend on my BlackBerry for business. This is no good for those that do.

i do use my BlackBerry in place of a PC so kinda lost contact there for a while at 1xev!

Bolt is working now, good. SMS, phone, good. Having just phone and SMS is giving me flashbacks to 1999, Nokia 6160.

No BlackBerry internet, BBM, Apps, Email etc on VZW 9630/4.7.1.61.
    This is nuts. I get rid of my sidekick because it was losing service all the time for days at a time sometimes, now i get my bb and its the same problem??? when will it end?? Best advice is to just go to sleep and hope the problem works itself out in the morning. gn cb
    Did you just post about that on Twitter? Because someone just said the same exact thing.
    Services seem to finally be back to normal here in Honolulu, Hi. I hope it lasts.
    12-23-09 12:49 AM
    Currently 10:51pm PST in LA, CA.
    Services still down...
    12-23-09 12:52 AM
    Makes me wonder what kinda losses RIM will suffer because of this. It isn't the first time this has happened, and I doubt it'll be the last. haven't quite committed myself to sayin I'm ditchin my BB for a Pre or other smartphone.. yet. But twice in one weeks time is pushin it..

12-23-09 12:54 AM
    Still down in Omaha, NE as well...
    Definitely!! If you leave the battery out 12 hours....
    thats how you know we're cracked out. making jokes about battery pulls. lol
    Did you just post about that on Twitter? Because someone just said the same exact thing.
    Actually no i don't even have a twitter account.
    12-23-09 12:56 AM
    I've gotten so used to my blackberry I just hit R on my laptop to refresh the page, I don't even know what to think anymore
    12-23-09 12:56 AM
1,384 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD