Im Back Down again.... Browser isnt working.... Only getting sporadic emails and texts..... Trying battery pull to see if that helps........Also getting Texts from facebook that i allready got last night....Nope... didnt help much... I got more email... but browser Still down again.....
    12-23-09 12:03 PM
    Weird how some areas/carriers are being affected differently.

Verizon/Ohio and all is perfect right now and have been since 6am or earlier.

Yet, yesterday, only my BBM and YahooIM were down, until late like 11pm, when the browser and email finally went down too. Friends on ATT here were immediately DOA on all fronts when it started failing early afternoon...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 12:14 PM
    Los Angeles / AT&T --> Works 100%
    12-23-09 12:18 PM
    Fido/Rogers in Toronto. Still haven't gotten some emails from last night that I can read online. That's weird. Others have come through sporadically. But those ones that never did are worrisome.
    12-23-09 01:01 PM
    Just curious if that pin msg from RIM to upgrade to .57 of bbm has anything to do with outage or the fix. If they can send a PIN about bbm upgrade (never got a msg about .33, .54, .55, or .56) then I think they should send one out telling users the problem is fixed and what the problem was. I think us paying customers deserve that much at least.

12-23-09 01:07 PM
    Fido/Rogers in Toronto. Still haven't gotten some emails from last night that I can read online. That's weird. Others have come through sporadically. But those ones that never did are worrisome.
    I have a feeling we won't see any emails that were sent during the outage appear on our devices - I've seen about 4 in total make their way to my BlackBerry.

I have my BIS email auto forward to a backup webmail email, and I received about 60 or so emails during the actual outage, only of which 4 came to my device afterwards.
    12-23-09 01:17 PM
    Ugh, Sprint, Iowa, NOT working at all.
    12-23-09 01:18 PM
    Is this the message everyone else is seeing? (that still can't use the internet)

Your device does not currently have any browser config. service book entries. Contact Service to provide enable... something like that.
    12-23-09 01:23 PM
    12-23-09 02:45 PM
    i deleted my BB IM and did a total system re-store on all data and software. My last back up was 12/10 so unfortunately I lost all txt msg in between now and then. I installed a clean version of BB IM.57 and restored my contact list.

Somewhat a waste of my time considering the holidays, but got me back online and active in the IM world. Joy joy joy!
    12-23-09 02:50 PM
    I just got my phone yesterday, how do I do that????
    12-23-09 04:01 PM
    I have a feeling we won't see any emails that were sent during the outage appear on our devices - I've seen about 4 in total make their way to my BlackBerry.

I have my BIS email auto forward to a backup webmail email, and I received about 60 or so emails during the actual outage, only of which 4 came to my device afterwards.
    Oh how I wish you were right. I made the mistake of subscribing to this thread. When BIS came back up, around 12:30EST, I received ALL the email I had missed. I stopped counting at 20! Most were the replies to this thread, thank God I unsubscribed when I did or there would have been way more!
    12-23-09 04:35 PM
    RIM's stock too a small hit between yesterday and today, although it finished with a gain today, most surely due to the outage....

RIMM Research in Motion Ltd. stock quote price shares XNAS – Morningstar
    12-23-09 05:17 PM
    Sprint, Aizona.

E-mail is still hit or miss. Internet it out for about 15 minutes last night and today.
    12-23-09 05:23 PM
    PC World advises RIM to compensate BB users:

Blackberry Outage: RIM Should Compensate Users - PC World
    12-23-09 06:24 PM
    PC World advises RIM to compensate BB users:

Blackberry Outage: RIM Should Compensate Users - PC World
    I'm going to demand compensation from PC World next time I don't get my issue on time. Wait, I don't subscribe to that rag
    12-23-09 06:29 PM
    I noticed you're a Newbie, so you might not know what this wonderful place is just yet. Welcome to CrackBerry, this is a place for us to voice our input on (or in last nights case lack of) the BlackBerry service. If you find that we are offending you in anyway, you are more then welcome to leave. Notice how you are the only one in this thread who has basically told us all to shut up and move on, and are the only one who has said anything as offensive as you just did. Coming to these forums is voluntary, and as such you can leave at any time if you don't appreciate the opinions expressed.
    Hi wxman,
    You responded before I could and you handled the response more diplomatically than I would have! I try to be tolerant to everyone but that post was definitely out of bounds. People were basically frustrated with RIM's outage and were venting.
    Thanks for bringing class to the forum.

Doc
    12-23-09 09:05 PM
    Oh how I wish you were right. I made the mistake of subscribing to this thread. When BIS came back up, around 12:30EST, I received ALL the email I had missed. I stopped counting at 20! Most were the replies to this thread, thank God I unsubscribed when I did or there would have been way more!
    I had to unsubscribe too. I had that same problem.
    12-23-09 09:27 PM
    Well said wxmancanada. Thank you.

12-23-09 09:28 PM
    Hi wxman,
    You responded before I could and you handled the response more diplomatically than I would have! I try to be tolerant to everyone but that post was definitely out of bounds. People were basically frustrated with RIM's outage and were venting.
    Thanks for bringing class to the forum.

Doc
    Well said wxmancanada. Thank you.

Thanks guys I was pretty sure I'd get support on that one.
    12-23-09 09:37 PM
    What post was the issue? I only am getting some responses on this thread.

12-23-09 09:48 PM
    It's gone now. Some yahoo made a user account here and posted one message telling everyone here that the world knew that BBM had a problem and we should all shut up. Pointless really. Gone now.
    12-23-09 09:53 PM
    this started yesterday for me also. TN, VZW. actually, all messaging/ networks functioning properly except PIN! shouldn't this be resolved by now?
    12-23-09 09:55 PM
    Thanks furballz

12-23-09 09:58 PM
    I'm going to demand compensation from PC World next time I don't get my issue on time. Wait, I don't subscribe to that rag
    ROFL,.............I don't either
    12-24-09 06:55 AM
1,384 ... 53545556
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD