if i call and complain, they'll put credit on my account??
    i've never even thought of that, and t-mobile is usually pretty nice to customers.
    do u think it's worth a shot?
    12-22-09 11:40 PM
    i've never even thought of that, and t-mobile is usually pretty nice to customers.
    they call those liquid damages.

================================================== =================================

Whatever they did ( and I know more than I can say here), one cannot even login to your BIS web account....

BlackBerry Internet Service or http://www.<carrier_name>.blackberry.com/

For me it just goes back to a login prompt....
    Last edited by shansmi; 12-22-09 at 11:43 PM.
    12-22-09 11:40 PM
    Yeah, Back to 1xev in Savannah,Ga... I'm going to bed, This better be working in the morning or I am going to stay in bed!!!!!!
    HEHEH..sounds like a fantastic idea
    still failing to connect when i send test email to myself....Sigh..oh well.night night
    12-22-09 11:41 PM
    I'm now seeing 1XEV instead of 1X or 1xev.
    Western Wisconsin
    U.S. Cellular
    11:38 PM
    When I had USCC in STL, all I ever had was 1X... ALL THE TIME!!! I loved USCC, but I couldn't understand why IOWA had 3G and ST. LOUIS didn't... couldn't take it anymore...

Anyways, I've still got 1XEV, not like it's doing anything for me... can't browse, no BBM, no e-mail, etc...
    They won't do it, because its not their fault it RIM's fault....
    they will most LIKELY credit you $5-10
    Battery pull gets me to 1XEV. If I try to get on BB browser it bumps me back down to 1xev. Opera mini working and vcast video as long as I'm 1XEV.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What do you mean, a credit check?

(edit: lol nevermind, just drank a few beers and misread your post. don't think theyll issue credit, i called but didnt bother to try.)
    12-22-09 11:42 PM
    They won't do it, because its not their fault it RIM's fault....
    They have credited me each time the BIS outages happened and once without me calling albeit $5-10 but still something
    12-22-09 11:42 PM
    When I had USCC in STL, all I ever had was 1X... ALL THE TIME!!! I loved USCC, but I couldn't understand why IOWA had 3G and ST. LOUIS didn't... couldn't take it anymore...

Anyways, I've still got 1XEV, not like it's doing anything for me... can't browse, no BBM, no e-mail, etc...

I suspect it will be on and off most of the night..been switching back and forth for me all night...have been not able to receive email for three days...going on four now...so hopefully they are making some sort of progress!??
    12-22-09 11:43 PM
    I feel like I am in the dark ages! Just took the plunge from 9000>>>9700 and I can't even get her all set up!
    12-22-09 11:44 PM
    All of my connections say I'm connected except BES....still nothing though. This is aggravating!!!!!!!
    12-22-09 11:45 PM
    Well I've got to get up at 6:00 tomorrow morning (almost midnight now CST) and I'll be parked in front of my work computer all day, so I'll have to check WTF is going on here tomorrow... laptop battery is just about shot now anyways... it's held in ther epretty good tonight! Hope that when I wake up I've got a bunch of new messages... well old messages that finally got pushed ot my Tour!

I tried to re-host my routing table once I got 1XEV back, and I still haven't gotten a confirmation message... I have a strange feeling that a resolution is still far far away... Let's all home that I'm wrong.
    12-22-09 11:46 PM

I know like 6 months ago they finally got 3G in my area. o.0
    12-22-09 11:46 PM
    My tour in NYC on VZW has been out since about 6:00pm or so with slow internet and sporadic emails. My phone was sitting at 1xev for almost 2 hours and now it just went to 1XEV...

It's 1am and I'm going to bed...hope I have emails sitting there when I wake up at 7am.
    12-22-09 11:48 PM
    ok so i called, and i got the "it's not t-mobile's fault" argument, so i argued back..."yes but i buy the service through t-mobile...so by way of the transitive property...it's your fault"

I got my $5!! hahaha!
    12-22-09 11:48 PM
    Can't log into BIS via web now. It will not accept my username and password.

Anyone else?
    12-22-09 11:49 PM
    I'm hitting the bed and hoping for the best in the morning like others.
    Goodnight, crackBerry addicts!
    12-22-09 11:49 PM
    ok so i called, and i got the "it's not t-mobile's fault" argument, so i argued back..."yes but i buy the service through t-mobile...so by way of the transitive property...it's your fault"

I got my $5!! hahaha!
    I figured you would... We pay the BIS fee to the carrier, who in turn takes their cut, and then sends off the rest to RIM for providing the BIS service... I feel that the carrier should prorate the cost for the day of BIS downtime, and then go after RIM for the money they credit their customers, since it's RIM's problem that the service is down.

If VZW's whole network went down, they would have to credit me the time that I was unable to use my Tour, however, they would have to pay RIM for that same amount of time, because it's not RIM's fault their service went down... follow?
    12-22-09 11:51 PM
    Can't log into BIS via web now. It will not accept my username and password.

Anyone else?
    Just tried... same here...
    12-22-09 11:52 PM
    I figured you would... We pay the BIS fee to the carrier, who in turn takes their cut, and then sends off the rest to RIM for providing the BIS service... I feel that the carrier should prorate the cost for the day of BIS downtime, and then go after RIM for the money they credit their customers, since it's RIM's problem that the service is down.

If VZW's whole network went down, they would have to credit me the time that I was unable to use my Tour, however, they would have to pay RIM for that same amount of time, because it's not RIM's fault their service went down... follow?
    Yeah i follow. Crazy conundrum. I'm just glad I got something. Even though, the $5 won't put a dent in my bill. haha. I'm just sick of this happening!!
    12-22-09 11:55 PM
    So, while we're waiting, here is a question...

My company has recently purchased BBerrys for several of our employees with the intention of eventually getting a BES server to connect to our Zimbra server.
    My question is this... Would an outage like this affect users who are connected via BES or is this only a BIS outage? In other words, if we had our BES up would we still be working regardless of the BIS outage?
    Last week's outage only affected BIS services, BUt this one has ALL services down. It is as if RIM disappeared off the face of the earth (Americas at least).

Blackberry's are solid, they have had outages, but other smart phones have there issues also, Active Sync sometimes goes out to lunch, so that makes Iphones and Windows based devices flaky.

I have had to deal with almost every smartphone out there. The Balckberry is still the best for messaging, (interface, keyboard, speed, those are all factors) The Network is just a small but important part of the whole messaging puzzle.

BTW Kudos on Zimbra, We use it with over 5K users it just runs.
    12-22-09 11:56 PM
    T-mobile: All Blackberry services out
    AT&T: No services working, jumping between EDGE, GPRS, 3G (with BB Logo at times)
    12-22-09 11:58 PM
    at the risk of sounding stupid, what exactly is BIS and BES? i just got my bb like 2 weeks ago and am trying to learn stuff.
    12-22-09 11:59 PM
    at the risk of sounding stupid, what exactly is BIS and BES? i just got my bb like 2 weeks ago and am trying to learn stuff.
    BIS is for all personal BB users
    BES is for work.
    12-23-09 12:00 AM
1,384 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD