yeah, the verizon people would probably say anything just to make sure that everyone knows its not their fault.

the worst thing that ever happened was verizon buying alltel.....my service has gone down hill...i hate verizon but almost everyone i know has verizon....i wish alltel was still around!!
    12-22-09 10:34 PM
    my 1XEV keeps popping up and then dropping back to 1xev. False hope!
    12-22-09 10:34 PM
    Time to go to bed. Praying that when I get up in the morning my phone will work again.
    12-22-09 10:35 PM
    Opera is working right now...But the blackberry browser isn't.
    I know for fact all US carriers have outage bridges going with RIM and they will remain up until service is restored. SOP for any outage bridge wise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Leave it to Canada to F up a good thing.....LOL!
    12-22-09 10:36 PM
    Time to go to bed. Praying that when I get up in the morning my phone will work again.
    it will, but god knows when. and most likely something major will happen again in like a week.
    12-22-09 10:37 PM
    Awwww i got gassed

my bb browser worked for a bit i got to download the new blackberry messenger but than WHAM...as soon as i restarted my BB no worky
    Yes Blackberry is still down. I started experiencing problems late this afternoon. I'm in Chicago btw and everybody's Blackberry is down that I know in Chicago, all carriers. Sprint is definitely down, I can't get any internet, I have no emails coming to my phone, Twitter and FB is down... I need it Back!!!
    Problem is that the majority of those tech reps you talk to DON'T know their *** from a hole in the ground...they're just warm bodies that answer the phone and go through their flowcharts on the computer according to what you tell them...for every problem there is a recommended solution...followed by "did this resolve your problem?" yes or no...if no then it suggests something else...some i've talked to are lucky they even know how to turn their computers ON...much less how to fix a tech related problem...just got my 8520 in today...upgrading from the 8330...I called sprint today when I first noticed that I only had a hotspot browser option...that lady wanted me to "show all" of my icons...and proceeded to tell me that someone must have hidden my icon...yea right, like someone just magically grabbed my phone and hid my icon from me... i politely told her thank you for all your help and hung up and checked crackberry.com LOL
    the worst thing that ever happened was verizon buying alltel.....my service has gone down hill...i hate verizon but almost everyone i know has verizon....i wish alltel was still around!!
    *missing my Alltel*

Hope this RIM outage is ompleted soon. I'm having withdrawls.

Verizon - MO
    12-22-09 10:38 PM
    Opera works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 10:38 PM
    If this is a RIM issue (obviously it is), then why are data like browser, facebook, etc. down too?

I thought it was only RIM related, so email and BBM.

All those Apps use RIM's servers.
    12-22-09 10:39 PM
    RIM Systems have crashed, Unknown amount of time untill BlackBerry Service is back up....
    12-22-09 10:40 PM
    Leave it to Canada to F up a good thing.....LOL!
    hey now.....
    come say that to me....with a glass of wine of course.
    Let's all calm down, breathe, and have another drink.
    Hard luck here. I'm giving up and going to bed with the hope it gets sorted by morning. Hotspot browser works, no EDGE (just edge), no BIS service books being received, not even pandora is working anymore via wifi. App world gives me a crap you must upgrade your data plan message, then quits. Man.
    12-22-09 10:41 PM
    Still down nashville

Not
    12-22-09 10:41 PM
    yes. I will obey...great wine.
    12-22-09 10:42 PM
    I just got off the phone with at&t after a 25 minute hold time.

The agent asked me to test MediaNet, which aparently worked. The agent told me that anything that requres a service book will not function. So basically anything, but MediaNet.

They didn't have any expected resolution date, just told me to call back if I was still having a problem tomorrow.
    Well, RIM disabled the BIS site for VZW; I guess they got tired of people like me trying to send their service books every 20 minutes.

I just switched back to my Curve (went to the Storm a few hours ago) using *228p3, and it said it was unsucessful, however the phone works (can make and receive calls on it).

Tried to log into to switch the emails over and resend the service books to that and they disabled the log in. No explaination, no nothing.

Stay classy, RIM....stay classy.

Last RIM devices for me.

i'd love to, but since i'm not 21 yet (5 months), i cannot legally do so.
    i'd love to, but since i'm not 21 yet (5 months), i cannot legally do so.
    I'll drink for you. btw, in Canada legal age is 19.
    12-22-09 10:43 PM
    11:42PM EST NYC - BBM/DATA (email, apps, etc) Still down.

It's a good think crackberry exists. I thought I was the only one going through withdrawals. I can't remember the last time I sat at my computer for this long...
    12-22-09 10:43 PM
    I'm on alltel and it also is down. =(

I just got my blackberry today and I really want to try out the browser and the email so hurry up RIM!
    12-22-09 10:45 PM
1,384 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD