I just bought my first BB on Sunday and was having problems today. I brought the phone (Storm 2) back to Verizon today around 5:30 complaining and they swapped it out for a brand new phone. I've been sitting at home since trying to figure out why the new one wouldn't work either. While looking for toubleshooting info I found you guys.

Glad to know it's not the phone but the server. Does this happen often? When will it start working again?
    12-22-09 08:08 PM
    Ya'll are addicted........
    Withdrawls=Major suckage
    12-22-09 08:08 PM
    Not a happy camper right now with RIM and these re-occurring outages

iPhone anyone ?
    12-22-09 08:10 PM
    This outage will last another 2 hours to a day, max - from a RIM source.

Source: Dataoutages News � Blog Archive � North America BIS Outage – 12-22-2009
    VZW, Metro Philly area, no emails or internet. Last emails I got were around 400 ET.

This sucks, last week it was down almost the whole day. Two outage in five days is unacceptable. We should be credited for the time that the service is down
    Holy cow... Half a day without bis and the world is falling apart. People take it easy on each other. Breath in breathe out. The world is not going to end.
    Look into another browser. Bolt or Opera. You'll still get to the net!

Enjoy! Happy holidays! Sent during the great BIS outage via bolt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Withdrawls=Major suckage
    I'm def going through withdrawal lol
    12-22-09 08:11 PM
    For those drinking due to the outage like me... Some drinking songs...

Korpiklaani - Beer, Beer

And "Happy Little Boozer"

I'm sure there is something in the fine print of our contracts that say outages might occur. There's no way the phone companies will credit us for it.
    I just bought my first BB on Sunday and was having problems today. I brought the phone (Storm 2) back to Verizon today around 5:30 complaining and they swapped it out for a brand new phone. I've been sitting at home since trying to figure out why the new one wouldn't work either. While looking for toubleshooting info I found you guys.

Glad to know it's not the phone but the server. Does this happen often? When will it start working again?

this has only happened twice before today, that i can recall, and actually the last two were within the last month. one was just a few days ago. but neither were this bad. :/ blackberries are typically good phones. but i don't know what the **** is going on right now. i'm seriously considering getting an Android.
    Argh. We've had BBs for just over a month and this is the 2nd major outage. I don't use it for work, but I hate paying extra for an unreliable service. If I wanted crappy service I'd get an iPhone.
    12-22-09 08:12 PM
    Apparently RIM/BlackBerry is not going to announce anything to the public about the outage until it's been past 8 hours or longer.
    Well it is 9:15pm here in North Georgia and no service since 1pm.
    Anyone get their BIS back?

Drinking now to past the time.
    near Nashville, no internet working. service with AT&T. text that's it!!! now is 812pm, any word when will be fixed??
    12-22-09 08:13 PM
    In all fairness, I will have to say that I've still gotten 10 times the service and features with this BB in the 8 months I've had it than I did in the 5 years I had to use Nextel. The Direct Connect was neat and handy when it worked, which was about 25% of the time. Other than that, it was complete junk.

12-22-09 08:13 PM
    just got off the phone with blackberry..the rep literally read off a script "we apologize..blah blah..we have a team of experts working on it..last update an hour ago was that they released some fixes are and starting to roll them out..no eta..check back every 2 hours..service should start coming back in certain areas"

anyway..not impressed..rely on bb for work as most of us do..lack of pinning is a pain in the ***..and I don't pay rogers through my teeth for data to experience this amount of downtime..the rep advised me that hopefully all services would be returning shortly..

if anyone wants to contact blackberry.maybe if we all call they'll fix the problem faster!..they're open 24 hours..1-877-255-2377
    Trust Me, they ARE working had to fix the problem. They don't want to lose customers.
    12-22-09 08:14 PM
    Holy cow... Half a day without bis and the world is falling apart. People take it easy on each other. Breath in breathe out. The world is not going to end.
    Look into another browser. Bolt or Opera. You'll still get to the net!

Enjoy! Happy holidays! Sent during the great BIS outage via bolt.

Okay.. share those happy pills with the rest of us please....
    Calling all BB masters.. What's the longest outage can you recall ?

It's only been 5 hours but for an addict like me, it seems like years... help !!!!
    Ya'll are addicted........
    i'm feeling the need for a support group
    I'm really getting sick of this....
    i cant believe i picked tonight to be the time to upgrade to 419/428 hybrid.. had no idea the internet was down.. now im without bbm and dont even have a browser.. prolly cuz it cant send service books. lol

i feel yall's pain!!!

-murph
    12-22-09 08:15 PM
    Well...I'm a patient person but...the BBM is what keeps my wife and I in contact while traveling internationally. It's THE reason I/we are Blackberry fans.

Let's see how long it takes to get this resolved.
    12-22-09 08:16 PM
    My fiance is laughing now because he is always saying that his phone is better than mine. He has a HTC touch pro. I want to hit him because his phone is working now, and mine isn't

Tell him WinMo sucks and start playing Brickbreaker on your BB. LOL
    12-22-09 08:16 PM
    out in Windsor Ontario on Rogers

i actually had to turn on my desktop computer to check my email and fb... thus having to leave the couch

come back plz
    12-22-09 08:18 PM
    For those drinking due to the outage like me... Some drinking songs...

Korpiklaani - Beer, Beer

And "Happy Little Boozer"

*Singing*
    Dough, with which, I buy my beer...
    Ray, the guy I buy beer from...
    Me, the guy I buy beer for...
    Far, a long way to the store...
    So, I think I'll have a beer...
    La...la, la, la, la, la, la...
    Tea, no thanks, I'll have a beer...
    Which will dring us back to Dough - oh - oh - oh...
    *Repeat ad nauseum*
    12-22-09 08:18 PM
    Tell him WinMo sucks and start playing Brickbreaker on your BB. LOL
    Haha. I'm always telling him his phone sucks, and BB is better
    12-22-09 08:19 PM
1,384 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD