Let me start out by saying that those of you who know me understand that I love Verizon, and I generally defend them to the death. However, I had a rather unsavory experience with them recently. Below is a copy of the actual email I sent Tom Pica at Verizon Wireless' corporate office; it explains the situation. My question is, do you guys think I am overreacting here by being irritated with this situation??? The email is as follows, and I apologize in advance for the length:

Hello,

I am writing you this email to make you aware of a very dissatisfying experience I have had with Verizon Wireless� customer service.

About a month ago, I was on my second 8330, and was still having issues. This replacement device was less than a month old, and was displaying worse symptoms than the previous. I called in and spoke to tech support for two hours. In the end, the tech representative was very helpful and had me use my upgrade eligibility to upgrade to the 9530. The tech, Jeff, offered to give me the $50 mail in rebate instantly for my troubles, bringing the total cost of the phone to $213 and some change. This was on or around Nov 11th. I was informed that my replacement device would not reach me until Dec 15th, and that I would need to just �stick it out� with my 8330. I was a bit annoyed at this point, however I agreed to wait.

Yesterday was Dec 15th. I called in to customer service to find out the status of my order. The rep I spoke to informed me that my 9530 would be delivered to my office that afternoon. I waited all day, and finally at 6pm, I called in to find out where my new device was. The rep I spoke to this time informed me that it had been returned to shipper due to an error on the part of the tech who originally placed the order. They had put the wrong information on the shipping address, and my office turned it away. I have been waiting over a month, using a defective device, only to NOT have my new device delivered as promised due to an error on the part of Verizon Wireless. The rep, Courtney, then offered to reorder the phone. She promised it would ship Tuesday, Dec 16th, and that I would have it no later than Wed, Dec 17th. This made me more irritated, but I agreed. After another hour long phone call, my phone was about to die, so I informed Courtney I was not satisfied and would be calling back to speak with a supervisor later that evening.

I did indeed call back later that evening and spoke with a supervisor. He, Jonathon, informed me that Courtney had actually charged me for the overnight shipping. At this point, I was very angry. Why should I pay for overnight shipping when the fault is on the side of Verizon Wireless? He offered to pay for the shipping to �compensate for my inconvenience.� I told him that this was ludicrous, as I should not have been charged in the first place, and Courtney never revealed this information. After arguing with this supervisor, I realized he was going to do nothing to help, and did not sympathize with my situation. I then asked him what name they had the order under, and my name was completely misspelled. For any packages to be delivered to my office, the receptionist must know where they go; with my name misspelled, I would have again missed out on the shipment of my new device. After correcting Jonathon, I asked for the total price of the device. He was actually going to charge me MORE than the original order, and didn�t even offer to instantly credit the mail in rebate! I explained to him that I was already getting the MIR instantly, and that I was indeed due for an upgrade. The tech never even asked whether I was eligible for an upgrade, and he obviously did not research my account.

The last straw was that after finally working out the address, spelling of my name, and price, Jonathon informed me that the device �might� ship by the 18th. I informed him that the last rep I spoke with told me I would have the device in hand by Wednesday, guaranteed. He proceeded to tell me there were no phones in stock, there was nothing he could do, and that was the bottom line. Now I am stuck with a device that does not function properly, which I use for work, and I will not have my new device as promised. I spent quite a while on the phone with Jonathon trying to explain to him that I felt it outrageous that Verizon Wireless messed up, however would do nothing to rectify the situation.

I have been a customer with Verizon Wireless since 2003, and I spent over $230 a month with your respective company. I feel this situation is ridiculous, and I find it hard to believe that Verizon Wireless will do nothing to appease this matter. Regardless of whether the device was ordered again or not, I am not a happy customer, and am strongly considering switching to a different carrier. I appreciate your time.

Thank you,

J'enay XXXXX
    Director of Marketing and Operations
    XXXXXXXX
    1-866-XXX-XXXX
    xxxxxxxx.com

And after all that, I just checked my statement online, and my bill somehow became $860 overnight. Now, tell me, am I in the wrong for being a bit irritated....??
    12-16-08 10:12 AM
    That really sucks. Sounds like you got some under trained help at VZW. Your not over reacting and hopefully this gets resolved to your satisfaction.
    12-16-08 11:04 AM
    Oh My!

Jenay, I would be furious.

Especially since you were forced to use a defective device for that long, and then wait even longer!

I think you were right in writing the e-mail, and it was totally justified.

I laughed a bit, because I know that if I were to be put in your situation I would most likely not be able to write with such tact.

The Pen is Mighter Than The Sword, I feel that you did the right thing.

Let's just hope that Verizon Does the Right thing too.

Either way, sadly it looks like you'll be stuck with a defective device in the meantime.

I say, go get a Bold. Jump Ship.
    12-16-08 11:13 AM
    Thanks guys, I knew it couldn't be just me.

Prada, trust that I am furious. However, I felt that an email without emotion would yield a more desirable response than my original email, which basically started out as such:

Dear mother ******,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:16 AM
    Thanks guys, I knew it couldn't be just me.

Prada, trust that I am furious. However, I felt that an email without emotion would yield a more desirable response than my original email, which basically started out as such:

Dear mother ******,

Hahahahahaha!

OMG that was Hilarious!
    12-16-08 11:17 AM
    Not an over reaction at all. They screwed the pooch several times in a row. Let them have it!
    12-16-08 11:17 AM
    Not at all. I would be furious as well

12-16-08 11:19 AM
    you should also post this in the Carriers forum - Verizon forum.
    12-16-08 11:21 AM
    Sorry 2 hear that jen, thats pretty sucky!
    12-16-08 11:21 AM
    you should also post this in the Carriers forum - Verizon forum.
    That crossed my mind after I had already posted in general discussion; however, who am I to cross post...

12-16-08 11:23 AM
    Wow. I've had a similar experience with Verizon, which is why I do not use them anymore. But you are perfectly within your right to be highly pissed off Jenay, so say the very least. You should receive some sort of contact from Verizon. But that doesn't change the situation. Hopefully they can make it right...

12-16-08 11:25 AM
    I would have reacted the same way.

I hope they resolve this issue soon for you.
    12-16-08 11:29 AM
    I think it's perfectly fine what you did. A lot of these corporations are so big, they really have no idea how their people and day to day operations are going - good or bad. They definately need the feedback.

I had a recent experience with Dell quite similar to yours. They sent me one of those "how did we do" surveys afterwards. Needless to say, my response was very similar to yours.
    12-16-08 11:29 AM
    Wow. I've had a similar experience with Verizon, which is why I do not use them anymore. But you are perfectly within your right to be highly pissed off Jenay, so say the very least. You should receive some sort of contact from Verizon. But that doesn't change the situation. Hopefully they can make it right...

Thanks cruc. Vzw as of late has been sub-par, to say the least.

I'm not even sure what they can do to make it right, or what they will try. The sup I spoke to last night laughed, at one point, and informed me I wasn't going to get a free phone out of this. That was the final thing that really made me mad... As if I was trying to get a free device. Pfft.

12-16-08 11:30 AM
    Jenay... you seem to have the worst luck with Verizon. I remember reading the last one awhile back. I understand when you had a defective device for the past month, that you just want a new one and move on. I really do hope you get your Storm soon and everything works out. I know when some people read these type of posts, they say just leave them and come over here. That never solves anything. Good luck with your issues with Verizon!
    12-16-08 11:30 AM

I thought you were the resident VZW guru... , or am I thinkin of that JRCivic fella...?
    12-16-08 11:39 AM
    Jenay... you seem to have the worst luck with Verizon. I remember reading the last one awhile back. I understand when you had a defective device for the past month, that you just want a new one and move on. I really do hope you get your Storm soon and everything works out. I know when some people read these type of posts, they say just leave them and come over here. That never solves anything. Good luck with your issues with Verizon!
    Thanks G... Hah, I do seem to have terrible luck with vzw. I can't understand it. Now watch the storm I finally receive be defective.

12-16-08 11:42 AM
    I thought you were the resident VZW guru... , or am I thinkin of that JRCivic fella...?
    Hehe. Civ hates them.

We've always been on opposite sides of the spectrum as far as vzw, however I may join civ's side now....

12-16-08 11:43 AM
    ....... Now watch the storm I finally receive be defective.

aren't they all?
    12-16-08 11:43 AM
    aren't they all?
    Lol - don't even say that. I refuse to be another Storm-hate-thread-starter...

Well - I got it, and I hate it! Booooooo!!!!!
    12-16-08 11:46 AM
    Thanks G... Hah, I do seem to have terrible luck with vzw. I can't understand it. Now watch the storm I finally receive be defective.

I went through that with my Bold. First one the back light started flickering after 3 weeks of having it. Got a brand new one and after 2 days of use, the trackball had major issues. Finally Bold #3 is working like a charm.
    12-16-08 11:52 AM
    Lol - don't even say that. I refuse to be another Storm-hate-thread-starter...

Well - I got it, and I hate it! Booooooo!!!!!
    Never say You Won't Drink from that water Jenay!

LoL!

You Never Know!

12-16-08 11:53 AM
    I won't get smug in the slightest. All of the big carriers are similar so far as I'm concerned, in that they're indifferent to the problems of a piddly single user and a large percentage of their up-front staff are underpaid, overworked, and possibly under qualified. Bet there's a passel of horror stories to go along with every one of them; the only variable is how long until AT&T cheeses me off.
    12-16-08 11:56 AM
    Hey Jenay, sorry to hear your not getting the quality of service you should. No customer should have to put up with a defective phone when they are in active service.

Worse still, baiting you with the newest and greatest gadget, but not telling you about the limited availability.

Then, send it back!
    12-16-08 11:58 AM
    And after all that, I just checked my statement online, and my bill somehow became $860 overnight. Now, tell me, am I in the wrong for being a bit irritated....??
    J'enay, you are not wrong for being irritated. I think you are quite calm compared to what other people would've done.

I hope it ALL works out for you. I'm sitting in my office waiting for my replacement phone to arrive as we speak...
    Last edited by rb26naya; 12-16-08 at 11:59 AM. Reason: i spelled CALM as CLAM... lol
    12-16-08 11:58 AM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD