Hey guys im planning on getting a telus storm 2 (9550) and getting it unlocked to our rogers network...however im wondering if I will need to pay the activation fee or if it is possible to get around this somehow. I have asked a few people now and some say that after the phone is unlocked I can ask rogers to allow it to be used on their network or I can get it activated from somewhere other then telus for cheapr. Just wonderinf if any one can help me out with this..thanks alot in advance!
    12-16-09 12:57 AM
    yeah, you ask the rogers company,and then they will give you the password,you just activate your blackberry email account is ok,tehn can work well.
    12-16-09 01:10 AM
    anyone else know anything about this? just wanna make sure.
    12-18-09 01:58 AM
    Ensure your Telus Storm 2 has a SIM card slot. Telus has started to put them in their phones, but not all. If you have a current Rogers mobile with SIM, just move your cards. Thats what I do, sometimes a few times per year. They're none the wiser.
    12-18-09 02:27 AM
    Just unlock it and put your Sim card in. That's it. You do NOT have to call Rogers.

You mdy have to call telus like I did, to ask pretty please for a code to get rid of the Activation required message though.

Search for activation require unlock storm and you'll see what I mean.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 07:42 AM
    Just unlock it and put your Sim card in. That's it. You do NOT have to call Rogers.
    you may also have to go to options -> advanced options -> host routing table -> <BB MENU> -> register now

i would also advise going to manage connections -> mobile network options, and setting "network technology" to GSM/UMTS, and setting "network mode" to 2G.

oh, and the wizard might get you to re-enter passwords for all of your BIS email accounts. if not, go to the email settings and re-add them.

You mdy have to call telus like I did, to ask pretty please for a code to get rid of the Activation required message though.
    you don't absolutely HAVE to do this, as the phone will work fine without it. but it is kind of annoying seeing the "activation required" message all the time.

be advised, talking to telus is like drilling holes into your own kneecaps.
    12-18-09 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD