I bought a phone from my friend who just switched to another carrier and ported his number. VZW said I could not activate the phone because it was not deactivated. He called and they told him it wont be deactivated until his billing cycle is over. Anyone have any help with this? I need to get the blackberry on my account because i need to travel for work and need the email. Any help?
    02-12-10 09:34 PM
    The port didn't go through yet. He will need to pay the final bill also I believe. He should have switched to a different phone first, maybe even yours, and given you the BB before the port. You might have to wait this one out.
    02-12-10 09:37 PM
    The port went through because He is currently using his iPhone with his number with no problems.
    02-12-10 09:38 PM
    Never had that problem. Anytime i switched phones i was able to activate right away. You can even do it yourself.Put the sim in the new phone and dial *228. Im on verizon though not sure about tmobile.....
    02-12-10 09:41 PM
    Also there will not be a final bill because he has other numbers still staying on VZW.
    02-12-10 09:42 PM
    This is for my girlfriends storm and she has VZW. Everything is in the phone but VZW still says its an active phone.
    02-12-10 09:44 PM
    You should have searched this, there are other threads on this topic.

Easy fix, have him call customer service and put a dummy esn on the account and you'll be able to activate the phone. It's still "attached" to his account until the billing cycle rolls over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 11:08 PM
    There was an error on VZW end while trying to put a dummy ESN on the number.
    02-12-10 11:41 PM
    Ahhh then it seems you must wait.
    02-12-10 11:44 PM
    Yea thats what it is looking like. Feb 22nd please hurry and get here.
    02-12-10 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD