If someone is the account holder on a family plan and one of the people other than the account holder dies, can the account holder cancel that line without any fees? Or is the account holder stuck paying for that line even if he has nobody to give the phone to? If the account holder is able to cancel the line, would he need to show anything, such as a death certificate, in order to cancel the line?
    11-25-09 05:49 PM
    I doubt they'd cancel it w/o fees unless the actual account holder died, since they are the one financially responsible for it anyway.
    11-27-09 01:31 PM
    First, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I recently lost my grandparrents and know it can be a hard time. Speaking with personal expereince, dealing with the credit card, phone company, ect is the last thing you want to do.

To answer your question, and I should note I am not an at&t rep. I think this issue comes down to customer service. The actual offical policy is probably has no mention to it so technically you are stuck. That said if you have been a good customer maybe they would allow you to cancel that line.
    12-22-09 11:45 PM
    Yes you have to fax them a copy of death certificate and they just straight up cancel it with no fees at all whatsoever.
    12-23-09 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD