Hello,

Following your forum, I am very happy that you exist
    I'd go nuts without that forum.

I bought myself an unlocked Verizon Tour lately, and have following questions:

a) What is the easiest way to get internet/browsing (data in general) working on a Tour with an AT&T card on it? I tried a workaround with getting the service books (from a site I donated?), changing tcp/ip entries etc. Is there another way? The thing is: I often loose data and i have to "re-search for network" to make it work again (though that's a prepaid).

b) Will the phone work in Germany (or Europe?) on 3G? I mean, I can only use 2G in USA so I fear to have the same problem in Germany, although are nbetowrks are all 3G.
    c) Is there anyway to add support for other languages (like German, i.e.)?
    d) Will GPS work in Germany?
    e) Will Data work from the beginning if I have a Blackberry data plan on my german SIM, or will I have to hope that my carrier has service books (as the problem is that I doubt they have SB specificaly for the Tour (as it is not avaible in DE).

Thank you for answering my question,
    Yours,
    R.
    09-13-09 11:28 PM
    Follow The Step To Get Mms And Browser Working For The Storm
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    Last edited by CHUYBLING; 09-13-09 at 11:35 PM.
    09-13-09 11:32 PM
    Is there any other chance to get a reply to my other questions?
    Thank you chuybling, I'll try that if I get to a WIN pc. Is there any mac tutorial avaible for that?
    09-14-09 12:33 AM
    The phone should work in Germany. I have read that it will only use 2g in the US whereas in Europe (where is was intended for gsm) it should get the 3g. I don't know about data with a "foreign" sim card. I used my 8830 with Verizon's sim in June and both phone and data were fine in Germany, Aus and Italy.
    09-14-09 08:36 AM
    Hi,

I've got a few App World links sent to my email.

Is there a way to download the App World apps to the PC? When I try to open the link in my browser, it re-opens the page I used to end myself the link..
    Please help me.. As I dont have a bb-plan here in the U.S. to fetch my email and open the limks via my phone..
    09-14-09 09:15 AM
    Is my question that hard to answer? :-(
    09-14-09 11:27 AM
    Hello? Anyone?
    09-14-09 08:07 PM
    i know the tour device works in kuwait....and in other arab countries....now i believe that they will only have 2g in other countries....tho you should be able to use the 3g here in the states.....there is a spot in the options menu for this.....may have to poke around.....
    09-14-09 09:19 PM
    From what I have heard and read, it says that:

USA, unlocked Tour: 3G only with Verizon, all others are 2G (EDGE).
    Other countries: Where covered, you get 3G.

Can anyone confirm that?

I still have these two questions:

How can I get a german language on that device?

How do I download an app world application to my PC/Mac so I can upload ith on the phone via the device manager? I cant get hold of Internet at the moment.

Ty,
    R.
    09-14-09 10:37 PM
    From what I have heard and read, it says that:

USA, unlocked Tour: 3G only with Verizon, all others are 2G (EDGE).
    Other countries: Where covered, you get 3G.

Can anyone confirm that?

I still have these two questions:

How can I get a german language on that device?

How do I download an app world application to my PC/Mac so I can upload ith on the phone via the device manager? I cant get hold of Internet at the moment.

Ty,
    R.

I can confirm that you will only recieve 2G on your unlocked TOUR in N. America, because it does not have the chip compatible with 3G GSM. I doubt it will give you 3G GSM anywhere else.

My advice: Go there and find out yourself and come post about it!
    09-15-09 06:40 PM
    I don't recall but maybe I saw other languages in Desktop Manager. If you have a mac I don't know your method.

Similarly, I don't know how to grab apps from the "store" as I still have not even tried that method. I just find stuff to download directly, either the zip or the ota (which apparently is limited for you)
    09-15-09 07:03 PM
    You are going to have to have something like boot camp to simulate a windows pc to download the desktop manager. It will not work with Mac yet but there is supposed to be a version for the Mac out later this year.

App World as far as I know can not be downloaded to a pc. There are some apps that can be downloaded to a pc and then loaded through DM but there you have to have a windows pc again or mac running windows emulator.
    09-15-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD