looking for some help here. trying to get some anwers for a friend. flipped her FIDO Sim from a Nokia phone to the BOLD 9700 and called FIDO for the DATA. when she goes to call out she gets SIM CARD TOOLKIT ERROR?any ideas what that is? tried her FIDO SIM in my BOLD 9700 and same thing. I put my Bell SIM in her Bold and works fine...........HELP
    01-18-10 04:38 PM
    Need to go to FIDO and get a new SIM card. Make sure it's a square SIM, but the current issue is the SIM card.
    01-18-10 04:45 PM
    square sim? without the angled cut?
    01-18-10 04:51 PM
    There are already several threads about this. She's going to need an SM32 sim card. She most likely has an U.02 card if she's getting this message. Rogers and Fido started putting locks on their sim cards to prevent people from using unlocked devices, if you put her sim card back into your bold she'd need to switch to 2G to be able to place outgoing texts and calls. She can receive calls and texts if she were to leave it on 3G.

I'm not too sure why you want to know the answer to this if it's your bold and you're with Bell. Is she looking to purchase one? If so she'll need to do what I just said.
    01-18-10 06:10 PM
    There are already several threads about this. She's going to need an SM32 sim card. She most likely has an U.02 card if she's getting this message. Rogers and Fido started putting locks on their sim cards to prevent people from using unlocked devices, if you put her sim card back into your bold she'd need to switch to 2G to be able to place outgoing texts and calls. She can receive calls and texts if she were to leave it on 3G.

I'm not too sure why you want to know the answer to this if it's your bold and you're with Bell. Is she looking to purchase one? If so she'll need to do what I just said.
    A friend of mine just bought a unlocked bold and has fido so we were making sure it wasnt phone swapping my bell sim into her phone.

thanks
    01-18-10 07:05 PM
    I use a 10 year old Fido sim card. It has gone through like 8 different cell phones before it ended up in my unlocked Rogers blackberry curve...now on my 2nd unlocked Rogers device....and it still works just fine.
    01-18-10 07:11 PM
    I use a 10 year old Fido sim card. It has gone through like 8 different cell phones before it ended up in my unlocked Rogers blackberry curve...now on my 2nd unlocked Rogers device....and it still works just fine.
    is it a SM32?
    01-18-10 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD