I'm trying to figure if this is the latest version of the bold. And if I can use it to get internet on my ipod touch. A store rep told me that this phone dosnt do tethering and directed me toward a my touch which dosnt have wifi support so I feel he dosnt really know what he is talking about. Could be wrong so that why I'm asking in here.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 02:12 PM
    Currently, yes the 9700 is the latest Bold.

It does have the ability to tether...to a computer via USB or Bluetooth. I've done it a lot. However, there is no way to tether it to an iPod Touch. You can't do that with ANY phone actually.

BB needs an app to broadcast its data as a wifi signal for other devices to connect to. But there isn't somethign out there yet that does this.
    04-28-10 02:16 PM
    Yep you will need a phone such as a Windows Mobile device and a program called wifi router this will allow you to use your phone as a hot spot that your ipod touch could connect and browse the web.
    Last edited by dch39337; 05-01-10 at 09:53 AM. Reason: wrong word i
    05-01-10 09:53 AM
    I'm trying to figure if this is the latest version of the bold. And if I can use it to get internet on my ipod touch. A store rep told me that this phone dosnt do tethering and directed me toward a my touch which dosnt have wifi support so I feel he dosnt really know what he is talking about. Could be wrong so that why I'm asking in here.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The rep was a bit confused. The Bold supports tethering, as mentioned above. The MyTouch does not support it without third party software (Or voiding the heck out of your warranty by rooting it)

The program mentioned above works well on WinMo. If you choose to root the MyTouch, it can do something similar
    05-04-10 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD