Storm 2 on TELUS

Month 2 Month: 599.99
    1 Year: 549.99
    2 Year: 499.99
    3 Year: 399.99
    3 Year PROMO Pricing: 199.99

So there you have it folks....
    Last edited by JordanTheTelusGuy; 11-18-09 at 09:09 AM.
    11-18-09 08:48 AM
    Kudos to your Jordan!
    11-18-09 12:58 PM
    hahaha my phone died monday (Windows mobile.. should I be suprised?) so I pay 10 bucks to put my old trusty samsung back on, waiting for this guy to come out.. and here it is!! I'm pretty excited, seeing as this is a new CDMA device
    11-18-09 11:36 PM
    Just sent my Storm 1 in for a referb unit had 1 month left on warranty. It was one of the units that keeps freezing when updated to 328. I am going to buy the Storm 2 and keep the new referb storm 1 as a backup.
    11-19-09 01:32 PM
    Hey Jordan,

If I wanted to upgrade my S1 to the S2 how exactly would it work? I'm 11 months in to my 3 year contract. I checked online and don't have any offers yet. Would I have to pay the $199 and just tack on the extra year to make my contract 3 years again or would I be looking at the $599 price?
    11-19-09 01:35 PM
    Hey Jordan,

If I wanted to upgrade my S1 to the S2 how exactly would it work? I'm 11 months in to my 3 year contract. I checked online and don't have any offers yet. Would I have to pay the $199 and just tack on the extra year to make my contract 3 years again or would I be looking at the $599 price?
    I'm in the exact term as you I had a conversation with Telus yesterday and they pretty much told me to rub salt! I have been with them for 13 years as a original ClearNet customer. I just sent my Storm 1 back for a referb unit will be using it as a back up. As soon as the new storm 2's are in I will pay the $599
    11-19-09 01:39 PM
    Thats pretty ********. Have you tried talking to the Loyalties Dept (or whatever they're calling themselves now)?

I'm going to wait till the new year at least. I heard some junk about Telus POSSIBLY releasing the HSPA version in 2010.
    11-19-09 01:41 PM
    Thats pretty ********. Have you tried talking to the Loyalties Dept (or whatever they're calling themselves now)?

I'm going to wait till the new year at least. I heard some junk about Telus POSSIBLY releasing the HSPA version in 2010.
    Yes I was speaking with the Loyalty department in Montreal. Because I am only 11 months into my latest plan they were not interested in giving me any discount! I was actually pretty surprised! His response to me was times are lean and they have been told not to give anything away. Doesn't make much sense to me as a good loyal customer??
    11-19-09 01:45 PM
    Hey Jordan,

Wait till you hit 1 year in. You may find a 150 or 200 dollar credit. But right now you would be looking at purchasing the device at full cost. I know it sucks, and personally I am in 11 months as well on my Storm too, and I cant even get any leverage. So yeah.. It sucks.

Its a waiting game for sure.
    11-19-09 01:56 PM
    Wait till you hit 1 year in. You may find a 150 or 200 dollar credit. But right now you would be looking at purchasing the device at full cost. I know it sucks, and personally I am in 11 months as well on my Storm too, and I cant even get any leverage. So yeah.. It sucks.

Its a waiting game for sure.
    Ya the fellow did mention to me that if I wait for about 5 weeks there will be a credit but he didn't mention how much?? I am waiting for my Referbed unit to arrive should be about 5 business days! I just hope that the new unit will work with the 328 software and not freeze. I think I can wait 5 weeks if I can knock off $150 to $200
    11-19-09 02:11 PM
    Ya the fellow did mention to me that if I wait for about 5 weeks there will be a credit but he didn't mention how much?? I am waiting for my Referbed unit to arrive should be about 5 business days! I just hope that the new unit will work with the 328 software and not freeze. I think I can wait 5 weeks if I can knock off $150 to $200
    Hey Hup55

Did Telus question you about loading a non Telus OS. Just wondering? I know it works but just curious.
    11-19-09 03:38 PM
    Well, I phoned a store yesterday, here in Abbotsford, BC to see if they had in Storm2s in stock and asks, "They're out?" What would we do without crackberry.com? He said that he could have one in for me today. Phoned today to see if it had come in and he said it had. Went in and fired it up and saw that it was a Mexican made unit. Noticed that the glass was not even all the way around and the biggest difference I noticed was that there isn't as much travel in the screen when you press it down compared to the Storm1. Typing was very nice! Have a call into a friend who manages another store and he's going to get to back to me as to where the unit he has in stock was made.
    11-19-09 04:42 PM
    I heard some junk about Telus POSSIBLY releasing the HSPA version in 2010.
    This is my worst fear. I buy the cdma version now and the Rogers comes out with a gsm version or Telus releases one for hspa within the next 6 months.

Where did you hear this?
    11-19-09 05:14 PM
    Hey Hup55

Did Telus question you about loading a non Telus OS. Just wondering? I know it works but just curious.
    The girl in the store didn't care that i had the 5.0.0.328 software. It will go back to RIM with it still on the device.
    11-19-09 06:42 PM
    This is my worst fear. I buy the cdma version now and the Rogers comes out with a gsm version or Telus releases one for hspa within the next 6 months.

Where did you hear this?
    The way I look at it is the CDMA version with wi-fi will be fine! I looked at the data and phone packages on the HSPA network easy billing and it's a joke no where near all the options and unlimited data I have! They will be high for a couple of years trying to pay off the $1 billion they had to spend. Wi-Fi is fast enough for me when going on line. Just my 2 cents.
    11-19-09 06:45 PM
    Well I'm in Rogers Edge right now. Will Telus cdma be faster or similar? The reason I ask is because I won't always have access to wifi.
    11-19-09 09:25 PM
    I would dearly love to switch from my 8330 to the Storm 2 however my three year contract isn't up until April 2010. I called the Loyalty team today, however all they would offer was $200 off the Storm 2 with no contact pricing. That only brings the phone down to $400. I'm afraid that just isn't enough to be able to do this. I have 3 phones on Telus, have been a customer since Telus got into the Cellular business and would have loved to have gone with another 3 year contract an had the $200 offer taken off the 3 year contract price but I guess it is a no go.

Majorly disappointed.

Mike
    12-07-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD